Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post subject: Andrew Luck bias
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Look I like Luck as much as the next guy. I think he is a very good young quarterback.

But somehow this guy continues to get special treatment, and placed among the elites, when he just doesn't deserve it.

ESPN's little QB rating, Luck was the only young QB placed in the elite tier. With Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees. Complete bullshit. This guy is a turnover machine and has not corrected that in the playoffs when it matters most.

IMO you cannot place him above Kapernick and Wilson. And maybe a few others.

I think there is some bullshit going on. Gunslinging white guy with no tattoos who says all the right things, went to Stanford, and isn't an Option QB. Don't wanna resort to that but Im having trouble seeing different.

Kapernicks playoff play has shitted all over Lucks, and Wilson has a dam Superbowl , yet Luck is elite and they are not.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck bias
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
I have Kap and Luck pretty even and both better than Wilson. None of the 3 are ''elite'' whatever that means. Who could forget Kaps performance against GB a couple years ago in the playoffs and who could forget Lucks legendary comeback against KC last year in the playoffs.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Luck is not an elite QB. They're going to have some of the same problems they did last year, too. O-line ain't great, so I don't see them running the ball much better than they did last year. He's got some good receiver talent, so, that will help him. Their defense is hurting again, with Mathis being out to start the season.

I wouldn't put Luck ahead of Wilson or Kaep, but they're probably on a level playing field all told. Is their bias? Probably, yeah.

To me, Rodgers is the best. Throws a tremendous ball with great velocity, speed, and accuracy.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Luck is the goods. Just not the elite type yet. Kap is better than him imo.

Their rating is biased. But at least they got It right with Geno being dead last.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
It's the gunslinger bias. Luck is a gun slinger. And he's got the worst defense of the bunch, so he has found himself in more gun slinger scenarios.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

we all know the QB gets more credit for Ws than any other position, which is why Wilson gets over-rated as well. Colts aren't all that talented outside of Luck, and a lot of that is in their O line and RB position which obviously effects Luck, so he gets tons of credit for that team having back to back 11 win seasons.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

we all know the QB gets more credit for Ws than any other position, which is why Wilson gets over-rated as well. Colts aren't all that talented outside of Luck, and a lot of that is in their O line and RB position which obviously effects Luck, so he gets tons of credit for that team having back to back 11 win seasons.

Well here is the thing. Luck has had more pieces to work with on offense, and has a worse defense. Wilson has had less pieces to work with, but a better defense.

Shit is madd shades of grey for comparisons sake. But qualitatively I like Wilson better, just do.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

idk Jermz, on quick thought it would seem Luck has had more to work with. WRs definitely, though Wayne missed a lot of games and that definitely effected Luck for a while. Wilson has had Beast Mode with him and a better O line, and a defense that takes pressure off of him, where Luck's D actually puts pressure on him to score a lot. It is tricky to compare because both have and also lack support in different areas. Ive seen more from Luck in terms of being able to score a lot of pts and put a team on his back. But Wilson hasn't had the need to do that and maybe he very well can. 2 teams with 2 different styles. Both are really good and can be great. I like Luck better right now. And I like Kap as much as Luck.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

idk Jermz, on quick thought it would seem Luck has had more to work with. WRs definitely, though Wayne missed a lot of games and that definitely effected Luck for a while. Wilson has had Beast Mode with him and a better O line, and a defense that takes pressure off of him, where Luck's D actually puts pressure on him to score a lot. It is tricky to compare because both have and also lack support in different areas. Ive seen more from Luck in terms of being able to score a lot of pts and put a team on his back. But Wilson hasn't had the need to do that and maybe he very well can. 2 teams with 2 different styles. Both are really good and can be great. I like Luck better right now. And I like Kap as much as Luck.

Fair enough. I admit it's a doubt comparison to make. I feel like Wilson can take a defense apart. I would rate Luck more in a situation where he had to go deep and there wasn't much time left to make a miracle. But with a lot of time, I think Wilson left to his own decisions could make any defense pay. I think they are all situational in their own way. None of them are elite, not Kap, not Wilson, not Luck, they still have a ways to go.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

RG3 will come back this yr and join these guys group again. he was better than all of them 2 yrs ago. Last yr was just a cluster fuck from top to bottom, him included but he clearly wasn't the only one at fault. Now that Shanny is gone and they got D Jax as well, he's coming back.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
"Elite" is the most overused and abused term in sports, and it's especially annoying to see it constantly applied to the QB position, where guys who have proven to be so in the past still wear the label despite having completely mediocre seasons (Brady, Rapistburger, etc.) and seemingly a majority of teams have a backup who can come off the bench on any given Sunday, throw for over 300 yards and win a game. The last two Super Bowl winners had completely middle of the road QBs. I don't know what an "Elite" QB is, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want one. I'd rather sink the money into a defense that makes them look like high school quarterbacks, like Seattle did to Manning, Brees and others.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't know what an "Elite" QB is, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want one. I'd rather sink the money into a defense that makes them look like high school quarterbacks, like Seattle did to Manning, Brees and others.

:lol: I like this.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 am 

Cash on hand:

Luck is not an elite QB. They're going to have some of the same problems they did last year, too. O-line ain't great, so I don't see them running the ball much better than they did last year. He's got some good receiver talent, so, that will help him. Their defense is hurting again, with Mathis being out to start the season.

I wouldn't put Luck ahead of Wilson or Kaep, but they're probably on a level playing field all told. Is their bias? Probably, yeah.

To me, Rodgers is the best. Throws a tremendous ball with great velocity, speed, and accuracy.

Fair assessment.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's the gunslinger bias. Luck is a gun slinger. And he's got the worst defense of the bunch, so he has found himself in more gun slinger scenarios.

He doesn't have a choice but to sling it. I watch a lot more Colts games than you, bro. That O-line is shit and their run game is shit. And last year Wayne was out and so was Dwayne Allen. He had to throw balls to Heyward Bey. He's not a gunslinger by choice--it's the situation that he has been put in.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well here is the thing. Luck has had more pieces to work with on offense, and has a worse defense. Wilson has had less pieces to work with, but a better defense.

Shit is madd shades of grey for comparisons sake. But qualitatively I like Wilson better, just do.

The fact that Seattle just won the Superbowl....EASILY tells you all you need to know about which QB benefitted greater.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

"The last two Super Bowl winners had completely middle of the road QBs.

Good point, but consideration needs to be had for the fact that Flacco, for the whole postseason, transformed from a middle of the road QB to an all-time great, and was clearly the Ravens MVP. Wilson and the Hawks is a true perfect example for the theory of building a defense instead of obsessing over having an ''elite'' QB. I do hope the tide is changing for defense in the NFL.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

"The last two Super Bowl winners had completely middle of the road QBs.

Good point, but consideration needs to be had for the fact that Flacco, for the whole postseason, transformed from a middle of the road QB to an all-time great, and was clearly the Ravens MVP. Wilson and the Hawks is a true perfect example for the theory of building a defense instead of obsessing over having an ''elite'' QB. I do hope the tide is changing for defense in the NFL.

Flacco played his ass off during that playoffs. What was it--14 td's and zero interceptions?

What do you mean when you say you hope the tide is changing for defenses in the NFL?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

I wanna see more conference title match ups that feature defenses like SF and Seattle facing each other. I wanna see a lot more people have the opinion that Band has which is preferring to build a mega defense and not so much obsess about an elite QB, though you still cant have just anyone play the position. Basically just wanna see more dominant defensive play in the NFL.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Wilson gets shitted on I think he is underrated. He is super smart with the football and just a special player. Playmaker. He extends those plays and makes shit happen. Too call him middle of the road is an idiotic statement. Somebody who solely goes off numbers and not by actually watching the games.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I like that RGIII isn't even in the conversation anymore. He'll be holding a press conference about this oversight.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Lol Wilson is not under-rated, you cant take a couple of opinions on a boxing message board and based off that say he is under-rated, the masses love him. he is over-rated. doesn't mean he is bad or average, he is good and obviously can be better. what I saw in the playoffs was a lot of empty possessions, and Seattle winning because there D won the games. Saints hung around and were a miracle play away from tying because the Hawks offense couldn't do shit. Kap was an int machine in the 4th qtr yet threw a potential game winning pass from 20 yds out in the end because the Hawks offense couldn't do shit. and in the SB the defense and special teams was responsible for like 20 of the first 30 pts and the game was over before the offense could even try to do anything. Wilson is good and can be special, he's nowhere near special right now. That's why he's over-rated to me, because people act like he's special already. Like Luck.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

I like that RGIII isn't even in the conversation anymore.

you gonna be upset come regular season.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Wilson gets shitted on I think he is underrated. He is super smart with the football and just a special player. Playmaker. He extends those plays and makes shit happen. Too call him middle of the road is an idiotic statement. Somebody who solely goes off numbers and not by actually watching the games.

I've watched more of Wilson in college alone than you've probably ever seen, so calm down. Only putting the ball in the air 25 times a game disqualifies you from being a great quarterback. Sorry. Any team with a good secondary can stack the box and make him look pretty average. If he transcends from game manager to something more, props to him. He hasn't had to do that yet.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

Stop the nonsense , so all the old school QB's who only put it up 25 or so times a game aren't great?!. Exactly your a numbers guy, you want 300+ yards, 4 TDs. The Seahawks aren't built like that.

And last I checked they didn't have any receivers to write home about. He has less to work with than Luck. A bunch of free agent cast offs and late round ders. Like u said An is they invested in the D and running game.

The Saints were highly motivated due to how they went out a couple years ago and the Miners D is the Niners D. He still made big plays and they scored when they had to. Its not his fault they don't put up more gaudy numbers. That's not their formula.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Pretty sure Sidney Rice would've had a decent to good year last year playing with a more consistent passing quarterback, at least before tearing his ACL. Golden Tate is legit and will thrive in Detroit. Percy Harvin was a stud whenever he got on the field. Baldwin and Kearse were more than serviceable. There were at least 10 teams who had worse receiving cores last year. The Pats, Chargers, Colts, Panthers and Chiefs all had worse options and still made the playoffs.

Board index » General Sports Discussion