Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
I can't take this dumb shit anymore.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Ties are the dumbest shit in the world. The NHL got rid of it with shootouts, which is kind of shit, but not nearly as shit as ties. There's a certain type of NHL fan that hates shootouts so much, they all for "bringing back ties." These people should be in prison.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Ties are the dumbest shit in the world. The NHL got rid of it with shootouts, which is kind of shit, but not nearly as shit as ties. There's a certain type of NHL fan that hates shootouts so much, they all for "bringing back ties." These people should be in prison.

:hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I got into a lengthy debate about NFL ties on a different forum and there were motherfuckers saying that they liked ties. Talking about tie breakers at the end of the season or some shit. They were serious.

I mean, they just don't make any sense--especially in the NFL where they only have 16 games.

I can almost understand them in baseball because they play like 1,000 games and sometimes it's enough already.

I don't really understand them in other major sports.

Look at tennis. Look at that motherfucker John Isner. That dude is a goddamn gangster for how he played for like 100 hours in two separate matches.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

5Burowz wrote:

I got into a lengthy debate about NFL ties on a different forum and there were motherfuckers saying that they liked ties. Talking about tie breakers at the end of the season or some shit. They were serious.

I mean, they just don't make any sense--especially in the NFL where they only have 16 games.

I can almost understand them in baseball because they play like 1,000 games and sometimes it's enough already.

Look at tennis. Look at that motherfucker John Isner. That dude is a goddamn gangster for how he played for like 100 hours in two separate matches.

I always think of it from a consumer standpoint too. You spend a shitload of money on tickets, you spend more money on parking/mass transit, maybe you have some rotten goddamned children and you have to pay for food and goofy souvenirs for those little shitheads once you're locked behind the gates of a stadium, you've spent hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars on this fucking sporting event, for lots of people it might be the one expensive thing they do all year (or years!) AND THEN IT'S A TIE. What was the point of any of that? What's the point of life, even, after that? Holy shit. Ties are the fucking worst.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Sorry about the tie, children. Hopefully I'll still be able to pay the electric bill and we can hear the super exciting finish of how the tiebreakers work out in three months.

Fuck ties any anybody that likes them.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

5Burowz wrote:

I always think of it from a consumer standpoint too. You spend a shitload of money on tickets, you spend more money on parking/mass transit, maybe you have some rotten goddamned children and you have to pay for food and goofy souvenirs for those little shitheads once you're locked behind the gates of a stadium, you've spent hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars on this fucking sporting event, for lots of people it might be the one expensive thing they do all year (or years!) AND THEN IT'S A TIE. What was the point of any of that? What's the point of life, even, after that? Holy shit. Ties are the fucking worst.

hahahahaha...thanks man, I needed that laugh.

I don't understand why the teams aren't more vocal about there not being ties in the NFL. Like, there is literally no murmurings ever about it. I seriously don't get it. Fuck, put both kickers out there and whoever hits a 60 yard FG first wins the fucking game.

And then you have this falling on top of the quarterback shit that 350 lb. linemen are now getting flagged. I watched two of these plays right in a row in the Bucs-Saints game today and they mine as well not even bother rusing the QB anymore because that's how bad it is.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

"But I like to take out my Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator, late 90s edition, to figure out all the tiebreakers at the end of the year. I find the data more exciting than the games themselves."

Fuck you. Fuck your entire bloodline.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

"But I like to take out my Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator, late 90s edition, to figure out all the tiebreakers at the end of the year. I find the data more exciting than the games themselves."

I hated those calculators. Fugging trigonometry cock sucking motherfuckers.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

5Burowz wrote:

hahahahaha...thanks man, I needed that laugh.

I don't understand why the teams aren't more vocal about there not being ties in the NFL. Like, there is literally no murmurings ever about it. I seriously don't get it. Fuck, put both kickers out there and whoever hits a 60 yard FG first wins the fucking game.

And then you have this falling on top of the quarterback shit that 350 lb. linemen are now getting flagged. I watched two of these plays right in a row in the Bucs-Saints game today and they mine as well not even bother rusing the QB anymore because that's how bad it is.

The last time ties were ever a big deal is that time Dumbfuck McNabb didn't know ties existed in the NFL, and was just lollygagging at the end of OT thinking there would be another one. People were too busy laughing at McNabb than to even question the fact that ties are the only thing dumber than him.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I had to buy one of those in 9th grade for Sequential Math. I asked my Dad for some money to buy it, and he gave me a look that I knew meant there was no possible way he was giving me money for a goddamned calculator. I painted some fucking lady's house for that calculator, THAT I DIDN'T EVEN WANT. This was just pre-Napster. I could have bought a lot of CDs with that money.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

That calculator was bullshit. I remember it well.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

hahahaha

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
ties occur like less than 1% of the time and are usually inconsequential anyway. the NFL doesnt have a ties issue. how do you get so worked up about something so rare that hardly ever happens. :kopfpatsch: :iamwithstupid:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:21 am 

Cash on hand:

Besides whats your solution?? College football OT rules?? Play until the tie is broken?? a FG competition?? Qb competition throwing balls through the tire?? An academic bowl style trivia session??

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:27 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Play until there is a winner. Simple as that.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:33 am 

Cash on hand:

Play until there is a winner. Simple as that.

riiiiiiight. most violent sport in the world is gonna go to quarter #6. :hearty-laugh:

even the players would never go for it.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

They play 16 regular season games, with a week off in between. And you pointed out it would happen maybe once or twice a season. There are no need for ties in sports. They do it in the playoffs, why not regular season?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am 

Cash on hand:

They play 16 regular season games, with a week off in between. And you pointed out it would happen maybe once or twice a season. There are no need for ties in sports. They do it in the playoffs, why not regular season?

well there's a clear difference between playoffs and regular season, and again, playing a 6th qtr is crazy and not realistic. if Pittsburgh gonna turn it over 6x, and Cleveland cant make a 30 yd fg, then neither deserve to win.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

well there's a clear difference between playoffs and regular season, and again, playing a 6th qtr is crazy and not realistic. if Pittsburgh gonna turn it over 6x, and Cleveland cant make a 30 yd fg, then neither deserve to win.

I'm just going to disagree. And it shouldnt even be a 6th quarter to to speak. You just play until you win. Also, to be fair, I hated the rule change that gives both teams a possession in OT and should go back to whoever scores 1st wins.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I had to buy one of those in 9th grade for Sequential Math. I asked my Dad for some money to buy it, and he gave me a look that I knew meant there was no possible way he was giving me money for a goddamned calculator. I painted some fucking lady's house for that calculator, THAT I DIDN'T EVEN WANT. This was just pre-Napster. I could have bought a lot of CDs with that money.

I hated math. I still pretty much do. Unfortunately, the hill jack high school I attended didn't really require it past sophomore year so you can venture to guess that I didn't take any math after sophomore year. In retrospect, it was stupid. But, I didn't design the curriculum and I was just taking up space in high school as it was. Never took education seriously until I became an adult...and then it was kind of too late in some regards.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

ties occur like less than 1% of the time and are usually inconsequential anyway. the NFL doesnt have a ties issue. how do you get so worked up about something so rare that hardly ever happens. :kopfpatsch: :iamwithstupid:

Look you fucking retard...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Besides whats your solution?? College football OT rules?? Play until the tie is broken?? a FG competition?? Qb competition throwing balls through the tire?? An academic bowl style trivia session??

I'm good with any of those.

Board index » General Sports Discussion