Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post subject: Redskins
 Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
49 Senators denounce the name, how long can Snyder hold out?

Post subject: Re: Redskins
 Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
How funny would it be if they renamed the team the Washington Colonials, or any name referring to the early Americans who were massacring Native Americans. :o

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
How funny would it be if they renamed the team the Washington Colonials, or any name referring to the early Americans who were massacring Native Americans. :o

That would be fucking awesome :lol:

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

assholes :lol:

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:15 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Snyder don't give a fuck. He's gonna hold out until he dies on this one, LOL.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:27 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's his team. Fuck what everyone says. Too many sensitive people these days making issues out of nothing.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Heard they were coming out with an expansion team, the Nashville Niggers. No problem there, right? :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:16 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Heard they were coming out with an expansion team, the Nashville Niggers. No problem there, right? :kopfpatsch:

:smile81: :lol:

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Nobody has the right to tell a group of people what is and isn't offensive to them, so the name should be changed, although I've read that many native Americans don't want the name changed. Anyways, just change the godamn thing so we can stop talking about it...to the Colonials or Pioneers. Seriously, all I want is a big ironic end to this. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

My friend has been telling me for two years that they should change it to Redtails after the Tuskegee airmen. I would be all for that.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Daniel Snyder is a way better racist than Donald Sterling. He is punking the entire senate. That's gangsta.

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Daniel Snyder is a way better racist than Donald Sterling. He is punking the entire senate. That's gangsta.

And the NFL is backing him up. Fuck the Senate. Don't they have more important shit to worry about than some fucking team name?

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

And the NFL is backing him up. Fuck the Senate. Don't they have more important shit to worry about than some fucking team name?

This I agree with. The US government has no place in sports. Period, end of story. this shit should be between the comissioner, the other owners, and the fans of the NFL. As much as i think the name should be changed, the government needs to step away.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This I agree with. The US government has no place in sports. Period, end of story. this shit should be between the comissioner, the other owners, and the fans of the NFL. As much as i think the name should be changed, the government needs to step away.

I think in this instance the US government should get involved. We're not talking about some isolated incident like the Sterling thing, we are talking about a team name that is essentially offensive to a racial group. These people are americans too, in fact they are the originals of the land, and the owner is adamant about not changing a thing, in such a situation, a higher authority should get involved, and I aint talking about Jesus. When something that should be done, has demonstrated an inability to change, the higher up needs to step down and influence change.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You guys are looking at this wrong, the NFL is a business. Senators and the US government are not only fully allowed but are encouraged to step up and say some shit to a business about how they are conducting their business when something is a miss. That NFL isn't exempt from that because they happen to be a football league, they are still a large scale business.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

that higher authority needs to be the conmissioner and the other owners.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

that higher authority needs to be the conmissioner and the other owners.

But that's the point, if the commissioner and the owners cant do the right thing, and we all know what the right thing is, the wrong thing in this case shouldn't be allowed to stand. The government is and should be allowed to voice up and urge on the concerns of all americans over all things American. Football is American as it gets.

Your Nashville niggers example was on point, fuckin right the HNIC woulda stepped in and say "uhhh guys I think you need to get together and change that shit, its inappropriate, and its offense" anyone in this situation who'd say the pres should mind his own business would be tarred and feathered, this redskin thing is the exact same scenario.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Sorry Jermzhi but I disagree. The Senate should stay the fuck out of it. Where were they 80 fucking years ago when they became the Redskins? This after starting off as the Braves? Just because society has become highly sensitive the last few years to everything from names, to color, to fashion, to every other fucking thing that "seems" wrong, now the Senate wants to throw their 2 cents in. Fuck them. I'm with Snyder on this one.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Sorry Jermzhi but I disagree. The Senate should stay the fuck out of it. Where were they 80 fucking years ago when they became the Redskins? This after starting off as the Braves? Just because society has become highly sensitive the last few years to everything from names, to color, to fashion, to every other fucking thing that "seems" wrong, now the Senate wants to throw their 2 cents in. Fuck them. I'm with Snyder on this one.

What kind of nonsensical logic is that??? Most of them weren't even alive for one. Two, by that logic, you should just stick with the wrong shit because it was always endorsed despite being wrong. That's retarded. You're wrong on this one bro. You can disagree, cool, but you're wrong straight up, and so is Snyder. You're on that old world thinking, this is 2014, not the 60s.

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What kind of nonsensical logic is that??? Most of them weren't even alive for one. Two, by that logic, you should just stick with the wrong shit because it was always endorsed despite being wrong. That's retarded. You're wrong on this one bro. You can disagree, cool, but you're wrong straight up, and so is Snyder. You're on that old world thinking, this is 2014, not the 60s.

So what if its 2014? Big deal. You want to change a name that's been around for 80 years cause some people all of a sudden got offended? Guess what? Not all Indians are offended by it. Some Indian tribes take pride in the name cause the name Redskin was termed by themselves, not by a whiteman.

We cant demand change or ask a private own business to change their name simply cause some people think its Political incorrect. This is America dammit!!

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

So what if its 2014? Big deal. You want to change a name that's been around for 80 years cause some people all of a sudden got offended? Guess what? Not all Indians are offended by it. Some Indian tribes take pride in the name cause the name Redskin was termed by themselves, not by a whiteman.

We cant demand change or ask a private own business to change their name simply cause some people think its Political incorrect. This is America dammit!!

For fucks sake, not all blacks are offended by the N word, does that give justification to say fuck you to the ones that do???? LOL you're not serious man. Change the gah damn name. The thing is that Washington team is bigger than a fucking name. Not one single fan is gonna give up on that team because of a name change. The team has been around 80 years, Indians have been around fucking centuries!!! Whats greater??? 80 years? Get that shit out of my face man :lol: the only thing that will come from a name change is greater value in any memorabilia with the name redskin after the fact. Nothing the fuck else will change. Im with band, change the shit to the colonials :lol: shits grown on me!

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fuck the Senate. Fuck the Indians who are offended. And fuck who ever don't agree with my point of view!!

Free speech motherfuckers!! :happy-dancing:

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

fuck outta here :lol:

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:23 am 

Cash on hand:

So my question is, and I'm sure the Snyder contingent will bring this up, will ALL teams with Native American roots change?! The Chiefs?! The Indians, The Braves, the Seminoles , where does it stop

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

No, because those other names are dignified. The parts of the Native community that are upset arent upset about those names. The name Redskins would be like calling a team The Darkies, some people see it as derogatory, and I tend to agree. It would stop right here, its an isolated situation, not one thats going to snowball into other shit. The where does it stop justification is lame and doesnt apply.

Board index » General Sports Discussion