Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: 2021 mlb thread!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

My mets starting the year off right with a bang....
Carrasco and lindor thats huge and we still expected to sign springer.... We add springer now we are serious threats to Atlanta and the rest of the nl

Carrasco was great last yr 2.90 era...
And if nl goes back to no dh he'll be ever more effective. McCann,carrasco, lindor and springer man that would be a hell of an off season

Probably the best offseason

Post subject: Re: 2021 mlb thread!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

First two words of your statement, only thing wrong with it.
Pace yourself, but carry on....

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Mets fans "expect " to sign Springer. Springer is not generally "expected" to sign with the Mets. this deal actually lessens those chances though things are still very fluid. contrary to popular belief, Cohen is not going to go crazy aggressive in spending all his money in one year. but overall the Mets have had a great offseason.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

Cohen is the richest OWNER in baseball.... Hes worth 14 billion so he couldn't spend all his money of he tried :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Listen I never said we were taking over anything TRUTH I ain't crazy and delusional like u...
I said if we sign springer now with wat we have we can seriously threaten Atlanta

Freeman and acuna are serious studs....
They was up 3-1 against dodgers so even if we get springer I know mets winning division is far from a guarantee... I never said that was the case

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:41 am 

Cash on hand:

some NY Yankee fans be straight up retarded. talking about they'd rather have seen Lindor go to Toronto than the Mets. would rather see Springer go to Toronto than the Mets. WHAT?! pure stupidity at its finest. Mets aint our fucking rival. not even close. ive never bought into that nonsense. Mets aint my rival. Giants aint my rival. straight dumb fucks. i hope the Mets get all the big names. keep them away from the AL, particularly the East.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 am 

Cash on hand:

RIP Tommy Lasorda. 93 years old. one of the most recognizable MLB names of my childhood.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

What's good with the Cole rumblings, something about a text message involving steroids.
A... Speak on it, all good with your Ace?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

What's good with the Cole rumblings, something about a text message involving steroids.

awww shit. :rofl:

na it was doctoring baseballs. some dude had a "special blend" of some substance that a bunch of these pitchers were getting from their dealer. like Cole and Verlander and a bunch of other guys. not shocking Cole and Verlander "turned their careers around" in Houston. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

Lindor really said he cant wait to beat the Yankees. :rofl: :kopfpatsch:

i know its all fan service and such, but really, you got potentially 4 other really good teams in the NL East. Nats 1 year removed from being champs, Florida and ATL in the playoffs last year, and Philly still lurking as a talented team. Priorities man.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

awww shit. :rofl:

na it was doctoring baseballs. some dude had a "special blend" of some substance that a bunch of these pitchers were getting from their dealer. like Cole and Verlander and a bunch of other guys. not shocking Cole and Verlander "turned their careers around" in Houston. :hearty-laugh:

They should just cancel Houston from the league, they got so much dirt on that franchise :rofl:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

i know its all fan service and such, but really, you got potentially 4 other really good teams in the NL East. Nats 1 year removed from being champs, Florida and ATL in the playoffs last year, and Philly still lurking as a talented team. Priorities man.

I ordered the Jersey and shipped it to my brother for his bday on the 21st :happy-dancing:

I haven't heard that, the reaction from the Mets faithful has been wonderful, overboard indeed, which makes it great. I'll be excited when the season starts and we start winning games. Gotta win first, but it's good to see the excitement, Mets have always been behind when it came to acquiring stars, if the lock in Springer it would be really interesting.

NL East definitely going to be fun this year. I just hope Noah comes back throwing flames like we are used to seeing him throw.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

if Florida wasnt a fluke last year and they're legitimately on the rise, the NL East gonna be must see tv.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

if Florida wasnt a fluke last year and they're legitimately on the rise, the NL East gonna be must see tv.

I don't they were, they have young studs man, can you imagine of they would have kept Stanton and not lost Cuban kid who got killed on the boat.
Florida somehow just finds away to put good squads every couple of years, only to then dump their stars. I mean the kid that died wasn't their fault, but it they are known for building good teams and just dismantling that shit rather quickly.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:18 am 

Cash on hand:

For once Austin u are right about something and I agree which scares and bugs the shit out of me :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Met fans getting crazy booking there playoff tickets and shit...I told dudes slow down even if we get springer braves still the favorite in division
Soroka coming back,fried is a stud and freeman the reigning MVP and acuna the future MVP and has best player in baseball potential

Right now as we are I say mets definitely can get 2nd place in division...if we get springer or some other very good guys than maybe we can seriously threaten the braves

But we gotta wait I'm being quiet for now cuz I been down this road to many times....

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:22 am 

Cash on hand:

Philly still has money to spend and they got talent....girardi and harper didn't go there to miss the PLAYOFFS that's for sure
Wheeler looked great and consistent of course since he left the mets.....

Nats gonna be a factor man...soto is a stud that kid is the definition of blue chip and special.
Schwarber there on a 1 yr deal so ya know wat that means hes gonna kill than leave and get paid

Turner is good,they have some other young guys and 3 elite pitchers that they won the chip with....sherzer may be old and not his prime self,but wen healthy enough he'll still be pretty dam good I'd bet

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

welcome back DJ LaMahieu :happy:

i think i spelled that correctly.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

DJ played it right leveraging the Mets interest amongst other teams, but I think this is the right decision for both DJ and the Yankees.
Mets closing in on Hand.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

For once Austin u are right about something and I agree which scares and bugs the shit out of me :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Met fans getting crazy booking there playoff tickets and shit...I told dudes slow down even if we get springer braves still the favorite in division
Soroka coming back,fried is a stud and freeman the reigning MVP and acuna the future MVP and has best player in baseball potential

Right now as we are I say mets definitely can get 2nd place in division...if we get springer or some other very good guys than maybe we can seriously threaten the braves

But we gotta wait I'm being quiet for now cuz I been down this road to many times....

The play on the field dictates shit, no doubt, but if you think the Mets are aiming for second place you're on crack. Do not get it twisted, Mets are positioning themselves to be representatives of the National League in the next World Series.
Actions always speak louder, but let's not pussy foot around what our true goals are because we are afraid to fail or we are so impressed with other teams.
I'm getting tired of your shit.
Ride already motherfucker.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Mets closing in on Hand.

yea my boy who's a Mets fan told me about this one. thats a terrific move.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

The play on the field dictates shit, no doubt, but if you think the Mets are aiming for second place you're on crack. Do not get it twisted, Mets are positioning themselves to be representatives of the National League in the next World Series.
Actions always speak louder, but let's not pussy foot around what our true goals are because we are afraid to fail or we are so impressed with other teams.
I'm getting tired of your shit.
Ride already motherfucker.

:hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

Truth dont get it twisted of course I'm in it for the long haul...its not about jocking other teams or bowing down as u say this shit is about respect...

Respect is earned, and the braves earned that and the mets havent period case closed...listen man if we sign hand and springer we got a serious shot at the division,but even than u can't go making guarantees and declarations

Hand,familia,betances,Lugo and Diaz would be a hell of a bullpen man... Plus we signed may from the twins.Diaz had a much better yr last yr and with may and hand it would take the pressure off

We can throw hand in there against the lefties in the 9th...betances and familia come back a year removed from there injuries didn't have to rehab all yr

Listen man I'm very happy and excited, but we gotta keep a level head until free agency is over and the dust really clears

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yanks just signed kluber to...
That could be a big payoff 1 yr deal to see wat he has left

Thats a good move for them

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

yea considering how uncertain our pitching is right now, its more than worthwhile to gamble on Kluber. he was flat out one of MLBs elite pitchers from 2014-2018, winning 2 CY Youngs. if we can get even 75% of what he was at his best that'd be great. So its Cole, Kluber, Garcia, Montgomery, German as i see it right now. Younglings like Schmidt and King waiting to break through. Severino back from TJ surgery midseason. lots of potential, also lots of room for implosion. lets see. Yanks are also in active talks with the Reds for Luis Castillo, another relatively young fine pitcher.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

I just dont understand how dj isn't easily worth 25 mill a yr...he's only a yr older than springer and hes won 2 batting titles and finished 2nd for the batting title last yr

6 yrs 90 mill I would have rather had DJ for that than springer.. Hes gonna end up costing more money for less YRS man I'm tight

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:02 am 

Cash on hand:

I just dont understand how dj isn't easily worth 25 mill a yr...

obviously the AAV is only 15 mil, but he got a long term 6 year deal, which is heaven for a 32 year old. im guessing its a carefully constructed deal where he's getting a huge portion of the 90 mil in the first 3-4 years. so DJ got alot more long term security while the Yankees didnt have to break the bank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion