Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I don't need to chill, im not ''irritated'' or saying im ashamed of this board or calling you an idiot or other names like you've done recently, because of difference of opinion. im just debating you on a point. Stop deflecting.

So you don't think Rex has influenced the team's draft picks in any way over the years. That sounds pretty damn naive to me. This is Idzik's first gig as a GM, and he and Rex are as tight as a GM and coach can get. I agree that you can get WR later, but I thought you needed a CB more than another safety.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
I think he had a lot more influence with Tannenbaum, and about as much with Idzik as any other normal combo of GM and coach in the NFL, which is some. but good point about CB, it is a bigger need, but Pryor was rated higher on their board than any CB left. Again with Idzik in Seattle, they took Sherman in the 4th rd. They'll add a CB in the draft at some point, or maybe acquire one through trade later on. as of now, definitely a weak position.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

Stevie Johnson traded to SF. good pick up. the only WR in the NFL to have success against Revis.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
And then this shit house josh gordon sets himself up for a season ban....hahahahahhaahhaha!!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
And then this shit house josh gordon sets himself up for a season ban....hahahahahhaahhaha!!!!

Gonna see a lot of Manziel running if that's the case. What an idiot.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Haha V ain't gon like that. Makes sense though this guys was ballin outta control.

Wow we got Stevie Johnson. Whooopty Fuckin do. So we got him and and Brandon Lloyd, to go along with Boldin. 3 good, old, SLOW mothafuckas that ain't gonna get us last Seattle. We need SPEED or size. And these guys ain't it man fuck. Decent pick up but fuck decent we need to make a serious move to get us over hump

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Good pick by Eagles . I like Matthews demeanor

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Lol gotta love this draft crowd. They don't five a fuck who they boo. The commish, old players, HOF guys, anybody can get it.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Nice pick for the Jets! Getting that O up.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Fuckin Miners are pissing me off. We Fuckin trade back for more god dam picks even tho we had the most, Broncos go ahead and take a 6'3 receiver a lot of Niner nation wanted. Only to make another trade up right after the pick we already had.

We don't need a bunch of mothafuckas we need a couple of dynamic players now.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Another Fuckin RB :smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emoticon:

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
I like the Giants pick in the second round. We needed a center. Now they got to go get a TE.

Don't understand why the Ninety want so many picks. Who they plan on sitting?

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

really liking this draft for the Jets, and really the offseason as a whole. Now the players and team just gotta perform. 8-8 last year and this years team on paper looks a lot better, so we'll see.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:17 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Another Fuckin RB :smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emoticon:

But you got the best RB in the draft, and you stole Borland. Honestly, your worst pick was your first one.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Band, 2 questions: it seemed to be common knowledge that Hyde was the best RB in the draft. why was he the 3rd RB selected??

also, in CFB, are stats in bowl games included in a players given stats?? like if someone gets drafted and they show his stats and he had 6 TDs, and he had 2 TDs in his bowl game, is that 8 total TDs in the yr or are the 2 bowl game TDs already included in the 6 TDs??

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

1.) I don't know. I think teams are hesitant to use an early pick on a back who doesn't have breakaway speed because they feel like there are plenty of power runners out there, and they likely already have one on their team. In SF's case, their #1 back is just that, so perhaps they're looking to groom Hyde behind Gore and give him a few breathers to add some longevity while maintaining their power running style. There's also the fact that Mark Ingram was thought to be one of the best power RB prospects in a long time, and he's been a total bust. Maybe teams have lost faith in that type of player, or running backs in general. They haven't been giving great returns on high picks as of late (cough Trent Richardson cough). As for Hyde, maybe it's more than that, because Jeremy Hill is just as big of a bruiser, maybe bigger. Maybe it simply came down to SEC > B1G.

2.) Bowl and season stats are lumped together.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The Vikings are having a helluva draft. Barr is a stud, and they got Teddy as late as he could've gone. Just nabbed David Yankey in the 5th round. He was a unanimous all American and a part of the best o-line in the country last year. He could make an impact right away.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Oh I love the Borland pick. I almost bust a nut watching his highlights that midget mothafucka can straight up ball. And perfect since Bow s leg got shredded. I guess this Bruce Ellington we got is what we need, speedy shifty type.

Band its just we have drafted a RB 6 straight seasons. I guess Hyde is cool cause he's a big bruiser, and we could use that, but we are overloaded at the position. They keep thinking Gores finished and he keeps ballin

The argument in Niner land right now, is do we want to be good for a long time, which it seems we are doing, or De we want to go all in and win it all. Maybe they go hand in hand. But I was just pissed cause we have 3 possession receivers, we need an explosive type.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, not getting a WR in this class when you sort of need one is unacceptable. They were everywhere. I'm penciling you guys in for the NFC championship until I see some slippage. That defense ain't to be fucked with.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Michael Sam is still on the board...because he's gay. Dude was the SEC's defensive player of the year. Someone's gotta scoop him.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

Don't nobody want that gay shit in the locker room. Sad but true. Send him to Miami lmao. They have to be on their best behavior. But honestly I don't think its cool , gay players, just open like that. How are u supposed to shower and go about your business knowing what this man is? Its just like letting men shower with women, they would never allow that.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

But all of his teammates at Mizzou knew and they still loved the guy because he was wrecking dudes. Maybe he should go to SF. Did you guys take Martin in? :P

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

There's also the fact that Mark Ingram was thought to be one of the best power RB prospects in a long time...

That's actually nowhere near a fact. Were you thinking Trent?
Quote:
Maybe teams have lost faith in that type of player,...

Not likely, as 2 of the first 3 RB's drafted are pure power backs. Same thing happened last year. The truth of the matter is when the "consensus #1" is also considered a late first/early second round player at his position, it is quite common to see one to three players taken ahead of him.

Last year, see Gio Bernard and LeVeon Bell before Eddie Lacy.

The answer to Anis's first query is, "nothing to see here, BAU."

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
The Niners getting Hyde was a great pick. I can't believe he fell to them. Gore is old, and I'm not sure about the other players they have going forward. And they're going to need that power back to keep defenses honest. St. Louis' defense is stacked, Arizona's defense is still good. And of course Seattle's defense. Hyde will pay dividends going forward.

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yes after its all said and done I am pleased with our draft. Didn't go all out to get one player but we addressed our needs and picked up solid guys. That LB Borland maybe my favorite pick. Who knows if Bow will be the same after that vicious injury he sustained.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion