Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 101  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Bron's down with fighting social injustice...as long as it doesn't hurt his wallet?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Bron's down with fighting social injustice...as long as it doesn't hurt his wallet?

Social injustice in his own country? Yes! Has Lebron ever spoken out internationally about anything? No. He's spoken out about being black in america, seeing how he's black, and he's born raised and lived in america, he's aptly suited to do so. It's not a fair parallel to say that because he fights for one, hes obligated to fight for the other, and anything else is some type of selling out.

Such parallel drawing is being used to lead people by the nose to regime altering political causes. I respect Lebron for his stance on it, respect him even more if it wasn't about the money, but I absolutely believe that the nba's bottom line is part of his stance, he has admitted as much.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Social injustice in his own country? Yes! Has Lebron ever spoken out internationally about anything? No. He's spoken out about being black in america, seeing how he's black, and he's born raised and lived in america, he's aptly suited to do so. It's not a fair parallel to say that because he fights for one, hes obligated to fight for the other, and anything else is some type of selling out.

Such parallel drawing is being used to lead people by the nose to regime altering political causes. I respect Lebron for his stance on it, respect him even more if it wasn't about the money, but I absolutely believe that the nba's bottom line is part of his stance, he has admitted as much.

This is where we disagree.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is where we disagree.

That's cool. But why exactly should he have to fight for something he hasnt known or live, in China, because he fights for what he knows and lives in America? Especially when his own government actually refuses to do so....all over the world????

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hate Lebron, but it's absurd to me how he's being demanded to lead by example against tyranny and oppression, when the current and past administrations at the highest level actively pick and choose which tyrannies they want to prop up and which ones they wanna slap down.

I refuse to pile on Lebron here along side people who refuse to pile on their own government. Not you playa, :pimp: , not you.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hate Lebron, but it's absurd to me how he's being demanded to lead by example against tyranny and oppression, when the current and past administrations at the highest level actively pick and choose which tyrannies they want to prop up and which ones they wanna slap down.

I refuse to pile on Lebron here along side people who refuse to pile on their own government. Not you playa, :pimp: , not you.

LMAO, I hear you. I just don't fux with hypocrites, and bron comes off that way here, to me at least.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

LMAO, I hear you. I just don't fux with hypocrites, and bron comes off that way here, to me at least.

Fair enough. He obviously more concerned about the money, :pimp:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

And then the Ali comparisons are disgusting as well. Max Kellerman on espn talkin shit about ohh he doesnt compare to Ali, which is true, but lets not be too disingenuous.....ali never spoke out against countries that werent his own.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

And then the Ali comparisons are disgusting as well. Max Kellerman on espn talkin shit about ohh he doesnt compare to Ali, which is true, but lets not be too disingenuous.....ali never spoke out against countries that werent his own.

Comparing person A to person B, in 99% of all situations, is dumb, including this one.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Comparing person A to person B, in 99% of all situations, is dumb, including this one.

I dont have any reason to believe Ali would be dragging China. He didnt drag Vietnam, in fact his words were that the Vietnamese didnt ever do anything to him as a black man. Suddenly people morph that into Ali would have been on the air plane shadow boxing ready to join the protesters to support freedom and the american way. :kopfpatsch: These uncle sam heads are fully hijacking a black sports icon, the same uncle sam heads whos daddies called him a black man in the 60s for not going to vietnam.

Naw man, they aint leading me by the nose.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont have any reason to believe Ali would be dragging China. He didnt drag Vietnam, in fact his words were that the Vietnamese didnt ever do anything to him as a black man. Suddenly people morph that into Ali would have been on the air plane shadow boxing ready to join the protesters to support freedom and the american way. :kopfpatsch: These uncle sam heads are fully hijacking a black sports icon, the same uncle sam heads whos daddies called him a black man in the 60s for not going to vietnam.

The major difference I see, is that 1 stood up for what he believed in, whatever that was, because that's what he believed and was passionate about. The other is Bron, who's stances are mostly about making him $$. The very 1st thing he said was how the gm wasn't educated on how what he tweeted could "hurt people financially".

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The major difference I see, is that 1 stood up for what he believed in, whatever that was, because that's what he believed and was passionate about. The other is Bron, who's stances are mostly about making him $$. The very 1st thing he said was how the gm wasn't educated on how what he tweeted could "hurt people financially".

Naw, not buying. At that point in time there was plenty of other non american injustice that he could have stood against, and didnt. If Ali was alive there would be people saying "well you stood against america with vietnam, why arent you SJWing for "insert here". And there is simply nothing in any of his past stances that would suggest he'd jump on board.

He stood against american injustice, so does Lebron. The main diff is Ali was willing to endure the pain for what he believed in. Lebron doesnt have to in his environment. We dont know if Ali would have been willing to if it was a country that wasnt his own, and we dont know if Lebron would fight domestic injustice if he stood to lose money over it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Naw, not buying. At that point in time there was plenty of other non american injustice that he could have stood against, and didnt. If Ali was alive there would be people saying "well you stood against america with vietnam, why arent you SJWing for "insert here". And there is simply nothing in any of his past stances that would suggest he'd jump on board.

He stood against american injustice, so does Lebron. The main diff is Ali was willing to endure the pain for what he believed in. Lebron doesnt have to in his environment. We dont know if Ali would have been willing to if it was a country that wasnt his own, and we dont know if Lebron would fight domestic injustice if he stood to lose money over it.

Instead he makes money on it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I guess what bothers me most is Bron's putting the $$$ over everything else.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well thats a fair distinction. Lebron definitely gonna use the sjw'ing to further his brand.

But I'm not gonna cosign this idea that Ali would have put on his tin hat and simply sided with the protesters in China. Miss me with that, plenty of non american injustice that he could have jumped on his time, he didnt on any. Black liberation was his struggle. He said as much, repeatedly.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well thats a fair distinction. Lebron definitely gonna use the sjw'ing to further his brand.

But I'm not gonna cosign this idea that Ali would have put on his tin hat and simply sided with the protesters in China. Miss me with that, plenty of non american injustice that he could have jumped on his time, he didnt on any. Black liberation was his struggle. He said as much, repeatedly.

:thumbup:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You know I love me some stone throw at queen james, but if imma throw a stone it's gonna be an honest one. Not some fictional stone carved from the legacy of a great man and world icon.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I guess what bothers me most is Bron's putting the $$$ over everything else.

I dont read it as simple as that. He's definitely saying "consider the money". But you can make the argument that he's saying that the tweet is aliening hundreds of millions of chinese who vehemently do not support the protesters.

There are people in HK who are suffering for these protests that are against them. Never mind the hundreds of millions throughout China. This whole thing isnt cut and dry, it involves decades of foreign affairs, politics clean and dirty, and history. That why I agree with Lebron saying Morey probably aint educated on the shit.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is just another case of SJW'ing being weaponized for political purposes. To try to simplify a very complex issue. I hate that I have to defend Lebron on this...because I know he'll take on any sjw cause to further his own brand, and because depending on what it is, it's an easy stone to throw. Or he'll blatantly find some shit to straw man in order to manufacture a narrative that he can make use of, like when he made a big deal of the posse comment from Phil, making him out to be some common racist...for simply using the english fuckin language.

But he took the right stand here...and ultimately the more difficult one...because he now faces the wrath of freedom loving north americans. He didnt even stand with China. He simply refused to take sides.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is just another case of SJW'ing being weaponized for monetary purposes. To try to simplify a very complex issue. I hate that I have to defend Lebron on this...because I know he'll take on any sjw cause to further his own brand, and because depending on what it is, it's an easy stone to throw. Or he'll blatantly find some shit to straw man in order to manufacture a narrative that he can make use of, like when he made a big deal of the posse comment from Phil, making him out to be some common racist...for simply using the english fuckin language.

But he took the right stand here...and ultimately the more difficult one...because he now faces the wrath of freedom loving north americans. He didnt even stand with China. He simply refused to take sides.

Fixed it for ya. LOL :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

In fact, the last time Ali shilled for a govt, it was at the behest of Jimmy Carter, who sent him to africa to convince african countries to boycott the olympics in moscow. And the africans shit on him for it...because 1 Ali didnt stand up for the boycott of the olympics in favor of south african apartheid in 1976, and 2 Ali learned from the africans that the Soviets had been funding liberation movements throughout Africa.

With all this anti china sentiment coming from Trump, no fucking chance Ali would have let himself be used as a pawn after being burned by Mr SJW Liberal Jimmy Carter.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is just another case of SJW'ing being weaponized for political and monetary purposes. To try to simplify a very complex issue. I hate that I have to defend Lebron on this...because I know he'll take on any sjw cause to further his own brand, and because depending on what it is, it's an easy stone to throw. Or he'll blatantly find some shit to straw man in order to manufacture a narrative that he can make use of, like when he made a big deal of the posse comment from Phil, making him out to be some common racist...for simply using the english fuckin language.

There. Lol. Nobody dont give a fuck about the chinese. Fake muthafuckaz. :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is just another case of SJW'ing being weaponized for political and monetary purposes. To try to simplify a very complex issue. I hate that I have to defend Lebron on this...because I know he'll take on any sjw cause to further his own brand, and because depending on what it is, it's an easy stone to throw. Or he'll blatantly find some shit to straw man in order to manufacture a narrative that he can make use of, like when he made a big deal of the posse comment from Phil, making him out to be some common racist...for simply using the english fuckin language.

There. Lol. Nobody dont give a fuck about the chinese. Fake muthafuckaz. :lol:

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lemme say this tho bro. The NBA sleep walked into this one foraying into politics and having a go at trump at their whim. I was not supporting them before when they was shitting on the president, and I support them now. No inconsistency on my part. And I love the fact that Trump is now like "ohhh ohhh so when its me...its fuck you Donald....now your lip is tight??" :lol: they deserved that douse of cold water.

Them dudes gotta respect the presidency man. All these dudes could have been using their power to make inroads with the president way back when, and handled it like children would. Now they wanna act all adultish with the china thing. Naw boys, keep the same energy.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Alright boys, it's opening night. NO @ Da Champs and LA LA.

I think Toronto will be a top 3, team in the east. No reason to think otherwise. Gonna surprise teams with a purer type of ball play.

Lakers just gonna Lebron and AD Teams to death.

I'm split on Kawhi, I wish him success, but I kind of hope that the raps perform so well that it degrades his accomplishment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 101  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion