Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Jermzhi wrote:
Icecold323 wrote:
That draft is weird as hell i dont like a lot about it, niggas really watched our other draft here and snatched up my players. I took a chance on a few guys, took a defense high which i never do, but i wanted to get my hometown squad. Apparently Yahoo likes my shit. Highest grade i got in a while.

Knock it off ice, plenty of time since your draft for dudes to think about what they want and then be in the moment to go with whos available, and all the guys who play know football, aint nobody snatching up anyones players based on your league. Aint a single dude tryna look ppls rosters up and down like that. I know i aint open up the gah damn app since your draft except to change settings, my bro wasnt even in yours, and my cousin auto drafted in yours.

Otherwise, name names mofucka :happy:

Clearly my boy Brother B liked my squad. He got Hurts, Tua, and after everything he said about my RBs he goes and gets my starting RB :eusa_snooty: :rofl: I aint mad at him tho.

Then i scooped up Julio when no one here gives AF about him, no wMFs wanna get Julio, a few rounds b4 lol.

I think i will or am regretting taking Pollard over Hunt. Especially since i think Zeke bounces back and has a good year, but i took a shot on him being used more, but we'll see how that go. You have to wonder why they haven't used him more to this point.

As far as Book of Eli and 49ers in general, im cool bruh lol. I know all yall some closet 49er fans can't wait to get our players, but Trey/Jimmy, our offensive line, will it be Deebo or Aiyuk, Eli or Jeff wilson, or the rookie, most of them injury prone, i wants no parts lmao

I didnt even want Book of Eli, it was purely situational, I had a chance to get him in the other league and went another route, but this time around it was round 4 and I didnt even have a running back yet lol and then grabbing Jeff Wilson was about having a back up in case Eli goes down.

Brother B makes those kind of moves though :hearty-laugh:

Da fuck you say pee boy?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
You took Hurts over Allen?? :shock: :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Brother Burowz wrote:
Icecold323 wrote:
That draft is weird as hell i dont like a lot about it, niggas really watched our other draft here and snatched up my players. I took a chance on a few guys, took a defense high which i never do, but i wanted to get my hometown squad. Apparently Yahoo likes my shit. Highest grade i got in a while.

Knock it off ice, plenty of time since your draft for dudes to think about what they want and then be in the moment to go with whos available, and all the guys who play know football, aint nobody snatching up anyones players based on your league. Aint a single dude tryna look ppls rosters up and down like that. I know i aint open up the gah damn app since your draft except to change settings, my bro wasnt even in yours, and my cousin auto drafted in yours.

Otherwise, name names mofucka :happy:

I didn't have any issues with this draft. I was thankful I got Swift because I wasn't sure I was going to get him. Let me ask you, Jermz, if I hadn't taken Hurts in the 3rd round, would you have taken him instead of Allen?

I am truly not sure Burowz. I honestly didnt have a plan at that point. I just looked at what was on the board and Allen had the most value....but Hurts is gonna have big value as a dual threat this year so ya I probably would have. I was looking at what was gonna be on the board and thought I had time to take a qb at 3 and then run off 3 solid runners. Not only would hurts need to have been on the board but the same runners probably would have been there so I'd have take hurts. I watch the eagles weekly anyway.

Do you regret taking Hurts over Allen?

No, I was targeting Hurts, although, I wish I could've taken him a couple of rounds later. I don't dislike Allen but I just wanted to mix it up. If Hurts wasn't a dual threat then I honestly would not have taken him. Of course, I expect him to be throwing it more this season and word is that he has improved in the off season. I actually think it's the highest I have ever drafted a QB with the exception of the 20 team leagues I have played in the past when I probably drafted Peyton Manning in the first or second round.

But, yeah, part of my strategy was keeping Hurts away from you because I knew he wasn't going to be on the board in round four.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Well then good on you I guess because I dont think I was waiting for round 4. You're expecting a Hurts jump. He has the best receiving core than the eagles have been able to put together in years, including their superbowl run I think. So if he is the true goods, he should do at least as well as Allen.

I had a low key plan to get a bills wideout or TE to pair with Allen as soon as i saw Allen on the board, so I could wait til later to go looking for TE's...since I had not gotten a RB yet.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You took Hurts over Allen?? :shock: :kopfpatsch:

Yeah, and?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I stand with burowz from the point of going hurts on the idea of him being the next big thing. But I think philly will be running the ball with runners more than buffalo and allen will definitely be throwing more. The pattern of black running qbs tends to be to increase their longevity by making them run less as time goes by...not more.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I stand with burowz from the point of going hurts on the idea of him being the next big thing. But I think philly will be running the ball with runners more than buffalo and allen will definitely be throwing more. The pattern of black running qbs tends to be to increase their longevity by making them run less as time goes by...not more.

Me picking Hurts is a little bit of that but does that mean he's going to be the highest scoring QB for fantasy this year? Of course not. But, I DO think he's going to have a very good year and as I said before, I like to have different guys on my squads. For me, it's more interesting to pick different guys and root for them and hopefully they do well. It's why I never understood keeper leagues. I wouldn't even play fantasy football if I had to play in keeper leagues. But, I DO like being on the cutting edge of getting players before they blow up or whatever and I have an excellent track record of doing that. Obviously, Hurts isn't a sleeper pick at all so it doesn't quite fit into that mold.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Me picking Hurts is a little bit of that but does that mean he's going to be the highest scoring QB for fantasy this year? Of course not. But, I DO think he's going to have a very good year and as I said before, I like to have different guys on my squads. For me, it's more interesting to pick different guys and root for them and hopefully they do well. It's why I never understood keeper leagues. I wouldn't even play fantasy football if I had to play in keeper leagues. But,I DO like being on the cutting edge of getting players before they blow up or whatever and I have an excellent track record of doing that. Obviously, Hurts isn't a sleeper pick at all so it doesn't quite fit into that mold.

Only the first half of that statement is correct. :free-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Me picking Hurts is a little bit of that but does that mean he's going to be the highest scoring QB for fantasy this year? Of course not. But, I DO think he's going to have a very good year and as I said before, I like to have different guys on my squads. For me, it's more interesting to pick different guys and root for them and hopefully they do well. It's why I never understood keeper leagues. I wouldn't even play fantasy football if I had to play in keeper leagues. But,I DO like being on the cutting edge of getting players before they blow up or whatever and I have an excellent track record of doing that. Obviously, Hurts isn't a sleeper pick at all so it doesn't quite fit into that mold.

Only the first half of that statement is correct. :free-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Actually it is not and I will cite a few examples as proof. I had Vincent Jackson before anyone was talking about him. Same with Jimmy Graham. When the Ravens drafted Ray Rice I had him on my squad even though he wasn't the starter. I believe I drafted Deshaun Watson in the 11th round his rookie year and he was tearing shit up before he blew out his knee. I am exceptional at picking up guys before they blow up.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:15 am 

Cash on hand:

That's a crazy move

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:47 am 

Cash on hand:

Actually it is not and I will cite a few examples as proof. I had Vincent Jackson before anyone was talking about him. Same with Jimmy Graham. When the Ravens drafted Ray Rice I had him on my squad even though he wasn't the starter. I believe I drafted Deshaun Watson in the 11th round his rookie year and he was tearing shit up before he blew out his knee. I am exceptional at picking up guys before they blow up.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we all have a list to our credit. You ain't special. If you did indeed have this Uber special talent that most everyone else lacked, you'd have more 'chips to your credit. But instead you have as much success as the next guy cause we all do that shit. Again, so sorry.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:55 am 

Cash on hand:

Let's keep it funky, was B in his head for these drafts? I'm a new joiner, so I'm asking genuinely, he had that system blunder that vets just don't fall victim to in the other draft, and here it seems he over-thought the Allen vs Hurt situation. Shit man, if Hurt ends up being more productive it looks great, but definitely not a chance worth taking and not sure we've seen anything to suggest that will happen.

I'm starting to see that this league breaks even the the most ferocious. Get your shit together Brotha.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:18 am 

Cash on hand:

He just wants to be the smartest guy in the room.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:58 am 

Cash on hand:

Yes he does lol there's truth from both of yall here. Alot of us do that, but Burr goes the extra mile with that shit and clearly wants to. Im glad Brother pulled off a draft with no issues and got a good team, and likes his team.

Swords team looks pretty strong too

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

I deserve hella credit for that too, even this season, i drafted Dameon Pierce a month ago lol Burr didn't know who he was and shitted all on him, then drafts him in this draft lol.

I've had Zeke, Najee, CMC, Kamara all on my team their first years in the league. Kamara took me to the championship game. Got him in the 15th round that year.

Had Hurts last year in both my league, had Waller the first year he balled. So yea, im on that shit too.

And the year after AP went crazy for 2k, i had the #1 pick. And who did I pick?!! Lesean MF McCoy. Shady. Everyone called me crazy but that was that first year with Chip kelly and I k ew he was gonna ball and Shady had a way better year than AP.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea I've had Chris Ivory and Thomas Jones carry me to the playoffs, drafted CJ2K and Gurley for his MVP caliber season when everyone passed on him at least once, some twice. had Celek as a top 5 TE after picking him on waivers early in the year etc etc. We all got a list. Brother think he special.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I cant even be bothered with remembering past shit with these leagues, and I know for a fact I've pulled off some gems, in addition to making some fuck ups. That fact that certain dudes around here are willing to hold this shit in memory, even going back 5-10 years speaks to the possible absence of a functioning life. Go out side Neguses, or drink them memories away like Austin does :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

Well clearly I have not drunk those short memories away quite yet. You're probably showing those old man signs bruh. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well clearly I have not drunk those short memories away quite yet. You're probably showing those old man signs bruh. :lol:

The shortest memories is all I got :hearty-laugh: alcohol and blood flow often going away from my brain and ....elsewhere :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

Aight man, high jacking attempt averted. :lol:

But yea, nobody trying to hear stories and names attached to a completely common and normal FF practice.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ya man. If it ain't in the current year that shit dont matter anymore. Unless you won the chip. Then by all means talk yo shit.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

An occasional pat on one's back is ok with this fantasy shit. Aint nothing wrong with that. It takes a lot of time and effort and with so many variables it feels good to hit on some, especially when others doubt. When MFs say it over and over and they won this and that then yes those MFs have no lives :lol: :eusa_snooty:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

An occasional pat on one's back is ok with this fantasy shit. Aint nothing wrong with that. It takes a lot of time and effort and with so many variables it feels good to hit on some, especially when others doubt. When MFs say it over and over and they won this and that then yes those MFs have no lives :lol: :eusa_snooty:

Pat on the back shit is cool. But patting your own is like laughing at ya own jokes man lol.

The good old I told you muthafuckas on some shit that you got shit on for is never old though :hearty-laugh:

But then theres that annoying " I told all you niggaz...." then we go back and everyone agreed with the original statement like nigga you ain't told nobody a gah damn thing :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Pat on the back shit is cool. But patting your own is like laughing at ya own jokes man lol.

The good old I told you muthafuckas on some shit that you got shit on for is never old though :hearty-laugh:

But then theres that annoying " I told all you niggaz...." then we go back and everyone agreed with the original statement like nigga you ain't told nobody a gah damn thing :hearty-laugh:

Yea like that infamous trade I made where negus was completely assassinating my character and wanted me booted from the league. And I actually won the trade when it was all said and done. :hearty-laugh: .....I bring that shit up everytime we have a trade/veto situation.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea like that infamous trade I made where negus was completely assassinating my character and wanted me booted from the league. And I actually won the trade when it was all said and done. :hearty-laugh: .....I bring that shit up everytime we have a trade/veto situation.

Which trade was that again?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion