Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Weak argument. Giants needed insane luck in both games to win. First, Eli not getting sacked when he usually looks like he's trying to and throwing a tossup that landed on a dude's helmet. Then Welker dropping an easy catch that would've iced the rematch.

You giving Eli Manning zero credit for being the Quarterback of two Superbowl winning teams is even weaker. We get it. You think Eli Manning sucks. You're wrong.

First of all, to even get to those two Superbowls, where he lucked his way into two Superbowl MVPs, apparently, he had only had one home game, going 5-0 on the road, 2-0 at Lambeau (One against Favre, one against Rodgers), and had one of the most badass performances ever in San Fransico at the height of their defense prowess, getting the absolute shit kicked out him by San Fran's front seven, as his line was fucking terrible even back then, while still throwing for 300 yards in the rain. He threw a combined 15 Tds, with 2 picks in those two runs, and during the second, did so with the 32nd ranked running game in football, the only time that's ever happened. He had the ball twice, with the Superbowl on the line, down by more than a FG, and got a TD both fucking times (Big Brother threw a pick 6 the one time he was in that position). He's Top 20 All Time in Passing TDs and Yards, and will most likely retire between 6-10 in both categories. He's already Top 10 in 4th Quarter Comebacks, Game Winning Drives, and broken every Giants passing record.

None of this matters, though, because David Tyree caught a pass with his fucking helmet. Meanwhile Brady's entire dynasty started with the fucking tuck rule, and there hasn't been a Super Bowl champion who didn't get a shitload of luck. But Eli is a fucking goober, so he's lucked his way into every accolade he's ever gotten. It can't possibly be due to the fact that he's been a very good QB for most of his career, and great the couple times it mattered most.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I'm an Eagles fan, so I remember games where the Eagles had the giants by the balls, only to see Eli and Plax rape them in the 3rd/4th qtr. Eli aint pretty, but he still a bad dude in my eyes.

I just dont think the Giants have kept good consistent offensive players around him. Think on it. He's always had flash in the pan receivers. The last before this new kid was Cruz, who I predict will fall right back to earth when he's healthy again. Always receivers who benefit from catcting E Manning passes, not the other way around of a QB who benefits from their elite level ability. You gotta be consistent to be elite, Eli has never had a true elite go to receiver, just very good ones at best and then a bunch of mediocres. He'd probably rape the world if he had what Brady or P Manning, has.

Hell, if he had Megatron...... :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
lmao. Band got put on the receiving end of one of those classic Gruber ownages that he has applauded Gruber for so many times in the past. I love it. Little NY sports hating pompous cunt getting put in his place.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Band is gonna come back with a goofy Eli pic and a "but if Wes catches that ball" and end it with a "it was a sack I heard the whistle".

Dude should just enjoy the epic regular season performance his dudes is putting on. Outstanding stuff.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
I'm an Eagles fan, so I remember games where the Eagles had the giants by the balls, only to see Eli and Plax rape them in the 3rd/4th qtr. Eli aint pretty, but he still a bad dude in my eyes.

I just dont think the Giants have kept good consistent offensive players around him. Think on it. He's always had flash in the pan receivers. The last before this new kid was Cruz, who I predict will fall right back to earth when he's healthy again. Always receivers who benefit from catcting E Manning passes, not the other way around of a QB who benefits from their elite level ability. You gotta be consistent to be elite, Eli has never had a true elite go to receiver, just very good ones at best and then a bunch of mediocres. He'd probably rape the world if he had what Brady or P Manning, has.

This is empirically incorrect.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:53 am 

Cash on hand:

This is empirically incorrect.

at the end of the day this post is 100% right.
me being a diehard giants fan can attest to this...1st super bowl eli had who?
old amani toomer,steve smith,and plax. lol bumass steve smith from usc and dude been out of the league like 3 yrs now :lol: after they beat the 18-0 pats than the next yr steve smith caught 100 balls and was a pro bowler thanks to eli...

we were looking like world beaters that yr and were primed to repeat if plaxico didnt shoot himself like the goddam idiot he is :lol: and like dude said eli has won 5 road games in the postseason...
fucking 5 thats madness! he's at his best in the playoffs and he doesnt turn the ball over than when it really matters! dude has almost 250 tds and 36000 yards right now... thats good enough for top 15 ever in both categories and he still has a good 3-5 years left.

had 18 tds and 6 ints before the frisco debacle!
dude doesnt ever have to play another down to go to the hall of fame...
crazy thing is eli's done all of this in only 10 years.... his rookie yr he played only half the season so that doesnt really count!
love him or hate him the stats and rings dont lie.

he's 1 of the best to ever do it and i dont care how much he shits the bed every now and than!
he'll never be better than brady,his brother,rodgers,or brees! shit some days ill even take rivers or big ben over him.... but the man is a hof'er and his rings and stats prove period!

give eli prime antonio gates and prime LT he's winning at least 1 title with chargers.
rivers had sproles and michael turner to... he could have won at least 1 title by now but he didnt!
rivers is great to,but let's face it he tends to fold in the playoffs from time to time moreso than eli for dam sure :lol:

all these crazy giants fan gonna miss eli when he's finished cuz we not gonna be able to replace this guy. dont let rodgers and luck fool u.... shit aint easy when u gotta replace these legendary qbs and fill those shoes man. and in those situiations it would appear that legends were replaced with future legends and hof'ers :lol: but thats not gonna happen with my team i doubt it!
praying im wrong,but im not gonna hold my breath when eli is gone that we will be so lucky :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Weak argument. Giants needed insane luck in both games to win. First, Eli not getting sacked when he usually looks like he's trying to and throwing a tossup that landed on a dude's helmet. Then Welker dropping an easy catch that would've iced the rematch.

You giving Eli Manning zero credit for being the Quarterback of two Superbowl winning teams is even weaker. We get it. You think Eli Manning sucks. You're wrong.

First of all, to even get to those two Superbowls, where he lucked his way into two Superbowl MVPs, apparently, he had only had one home game, going 5-0 on the road, 2-0 at Lambeau (One against Favre, one against Rodgers), and had one of the most badass performances ever in San Fransico at the height of their defense prowess, getting the absolute shit kicked out him by San Fran's front seven, as his line was fucking terrible even back then, while still throwing for 300 yards in the rain. He threw a combined 15 Tds, with 2 picks in those two runs, and during the second, did so with the 32nd ranked running game in football, the only time that's ever happened. He had the ball twice, with the Superbowl on the line, down by more than a FG, and got a TD both fucking times (Big Brother threw a pick 6 the one time he was in that position). He's Top 20 All Time in Passing TDs and Yards, and will most likely retire between 6-10 in both categories. He's already Top 10 in 4th Quarter Comebacks, Game Winning Drives, and broken every Giants passing record.

None of this matters, though, because David Tyree caught a pass with his fucking helmet. Meanwhile Brady's entire dynasty started with the fucking tuck rule, and there hasn't been a Super Bowl champion who didn't get a shitload of luck. But Eli is a fucking goober, so he's lucked his way into every accolade he's ever gotten. It can't possibly be due to the fact that he's been a very good QB for most of his career, and great the couple times it mattered most.

This is what complete ownage looks like. Good stuff Grubs.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Plaxico Burress- Very good WR who played great at times, not a perennial Pro Bowl type of player, obviously not a HOF type of player.

Victor Cruz- id put him in the same class as Plax, completely different type of players but of the same class.

Amani Toomer- if there was such a label as ''game manager'' for WRs he'd be that type of guy, solid WR, dependable, etc, nothing special.

those are the 3 best guys Eli has had, then a bunch of guys like Ike Hilliard, Mario Manningham, Reuben Randle, serviceable guys who Eli gets the most out of. Has never had much of anything at TE but made gold of out nothing with guys like Boss and Ballard.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
If Eli had a true TE he would be putting up way better numbers while lowering his interception numbers. When he had Shockey, who was a very very good TE, Eli didn't benefit much cause Shockey was used as a blocker most of the time. I hope Beckem is the real deal as a receiver. With Cruz coming back next year Eli would have to real speedy threats. Randle is a bust.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

oh shit I forgot about Shockey. Yea he was over-rated because he was a blonde headed loud mouth playing in NY, but he was an overall good player as well.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Is Eli a HOF'er?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Plaxico Burress- Very good WR who played great at times, not a perennial Pro Bowl type of player, obviously not a HOF type of player.

Victor Cruz- id put him in the same class as Plax, completely different type of players but of the same class.

Amani Toomer- if there was such a label as ''game manager'' for WRs he'd be that type of guy, solid WR, dependable, etc, nothing special.

those are the 3 best guys Eli has had, then a bunch of guys like Ike Hilliard, Mario Manningham, Reuben Randle, serviceable guys who Eli gets the most out of. Has never had much of anything at TE but made gold of out nothing with guys like Boss and Ballard.

This dude gets it.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Is Eli a HOF'er?

if he retired today id say no. But he can play his way into the HOF with a strong finish to his career, a 3rd SB would lock it up IMO, but I don't think he gets in when its all said and done. But who knows, his numbers will probably be comparable to some guys who are already in, and the 2 SBs along with the MVP trophies will carry a lot of weight.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You guys can bring up the glory days of an above average team who only made the playoffs by virtue of winning a shit division and summoning retard strength for a few weeks all you want. Bottom line is Eli sucks right now. If he didn't, they'd win more than 5 games this year, and I highly doubt that they will.

But if we're talking about '07, Eli's postseason numbers were Dilfer-esque, and keep in mind the NFC was hot garbage that year. Threw for only 182 yards against TB. 163 yards against Dallas (on 12 completions). Only completed 50% of his passes and threw 0 TDs to beat Favre's old ass. And he and Brady both had very pedestrian SB performances, Eli's being buoyed by some practice squad caliber player's helmet. I'll give him this, he didn't fuck anything up, and that's about the best thing I can say about him. Dilfer-esque.

2011, they shouldn't have even made the playoffs. But they did, and Eli played his ass off for three games. I can't take that away from him. So yeah, I give him shit for the god awful display he's put on in the last two years and the comical INT stretches he's amassed in between SB runs. I think a lot of people do, even New Yorkers. How many times have people called for Caughlin and Eli's heads over the years, even despite winning it all? I feel like it's happened quite a bit.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

Is Eli a HOF'er?

Yes.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Doesn't everyone get into the NFL HOF?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

don't confuse the NFL HOF with boxing's HOF.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
And fucking Matt Stafford is right there with him

Golden Tate 4 catches on 10 targets
Calvin Johnson 4 catches on 10 targets

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Stafford sucks. Been saying it for a while.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

You no like Staffy no more??

Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You no like Staffy no more??

Since his breakout year, I haven't had anything good to say about him, and not only am I a Lions' fan but I've met the guy. His mechanics are terrible and he's never been able to handle a decent pass rush. The numbers speak themselves. He's been a below average QB this year, and all we continue to do is draft toys for him like this Ebron kid who hasn't done anything.

Also, as much shit as I've talked about Eli, I actually picked the dude up in fantasy before this week :lol:. Foles died on me. Rivers turned to shit overnight. I've never trusted Matty Ice. Eli's schedule is as easy as it gets and they throw a ton.

Board index » General Sports Discussion