Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
The Bulls totally fucked up by dealing Gary Harris, trying to clear space for a player they didn't get in Melo. Gary is exactly what they needed. Not just a D and 3 (although he's really good at both), he's closer to a wing scorer who can handle the rock and split defenses. Put up 33 yesterday in the best performance of summer ball thus far. I think he'll end up being the steal of the draft. It's a shame he's not in Chicago. He's so much better than McDermott.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I actually like the Gasol Noah pairing more than the theoretical Bosh Howard pairing. Noah is better defensive player overall than Dwight currently, more active, offensively he cleans up well in and around the paint, but he cant really create his own offense too well. Gasol is average defensively, but he can not only create his own offense, but he's one of the best passing big men in the game. Gasol will provide Noah a lot of easy baskets via passing and missed shots, and both will grab the shit out of boards. They might have bought a lemon though, Gasol constantly nagged about injuries in the last few years in LA.

Not sure why you think the Bulls are going to start Taj Gibson Jojo. He's a better bench player but not a better overall player than a healthy Gasol. You put Gasol on the bench duty and he'll sulk and his game will suffer. It's gonna be interesting to see how Tom Thibideau deals with Pau. I hear dude runs the shit out of his guys in practice, that shit aint gonna help with Pau.

yea, i am a big taj guy. but you guys are probably right that they will start the 2 centers.

Well the thing is, Pau isnt a center. He's always been and most effective as a PF. Playing along Bynum he was a PF. Dwight same deal. All those years in Memphis, PF. That's partly why he was so effective. There arent any 7 foot PF's in the league outside of him, so while he's never been a great defender and is kind of soft in the athletic department, he's still 7 feet and can deflect passes and shots because of that 7 foot frame.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
anybody who can score and particularly create their own shot is a great fit for the Bulls. If Rose can be Rose, they can be the best in the East and go to the Finals. Rose-Noah-Gasol is a great trio, combined with a great coach and a great team defense.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Deng to Miami. Miami isn't going to be bad, not like Clev was when Lebron left them. Could be an interesting team if Bosh mans up, Wade stays relatively healthy, and Deng shows up. All those things could go the other way though and they finish 43-39. Definitely a team to keep an eye on.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Rockets don't match. Interesting. Kinda like that Dallas team now.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

k so i was thinking about the isiah thomas signing.

does this mean they arent going to give bledsoe the max and another team with snatch him up?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

k so i was thinking about the isiah thomas signing.

does this mean they arent going to give bledsoe the max and another team with snatch him up?

No. 96 backcourt minutes available and Bledsoe is already 1 knee surgery deep. They're all going to play a lot.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I like where the heat are. Not sure what they do at the center position, but Bosh will be forced to be more of a presence now, which is a good thing, Wade wont have the luxury of sitting out, and Deng will be Deng. They have that Napier kid and Cole at the PG spot. If they stay healthy, they should make the playoffs or sniff it.

Houston not matching what his face kinda blows, they take a guy in Ariza that one has less upside, two is up and down from year to year, and three has played with Howard before and I'm quite sure Howard isn't overly fond of. If Parsons was a help in drawing Howard to Houston in the first place, using Ariza in that same role probably wouldn't have helped. So in all, Houston hasn't gotten better, in fact they've regressed.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

I like where the heat are. Not sure what they do at the center position, but Bosh will be forced to be more of a presence now, which is a good thing, Wade wont have the luxury of sitting out, and Deng will be Deng. They have that Napier kid and Cole at the PG spot. If they stay healthy, they should make the playoffs or sniff it.

Houston not matching what his face kinda blows, they take a guy in Ariza that one has less upside, two is up and down from year to year, and three has played with Howard before and I'm quite sure Howard isn't overly fond of. If Parsons was a help in drawing Howard to Houston in the first place, using Ariza in that same role probably wouldn't have helped. So in all, Houston hasn't gotten better, in fact they've regressed.

yep their strategy seems to play the free agent game every year.

they hit gold last year, this year they struck out + loss 3 rotation payers only getting ariza back.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

The Bulls totally fucked up by dealing Gary Harris, trying to clear space for a player they didn't get in Melo. Gary is exactly what they needed. Not just a D and 3 (although he's really good at both), he's closer to a wing scorer who can handle the rock and split defenses. Put up 33 yesterday in the best performance of summer ball thus far. I think he'll end up being the steal of the draft. It's a shame he's not in Chicago. He's so much better than McDermott.

doug mcdermmot unstoppable vs denver today

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 am 

Cash on hand:

yep their strategy seems to play the free agent game every year.

they hit gold last year, this year they struck out + loss 3 rotation payers only getting ariza back.

True. Morey got greedy and it cost the Rockets.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

shocked at the turn of events for Houston. pretty sad actually. Lin/Asik/Parsons/ 1st rd pick all gone, and no Bosh. Enter Ariza and cap space. Houston loses. :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

like what i see from nerlon noel.

very complete player.

his only negative is he is a bit skinny

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » General Sports Discussion