Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:20 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
I HATE to rain on Dos Anjos parade I really do, but you gotta give a true champion like Benson more of a chance than to call the fight over after one huge punch. Maybe Dos Anjos scores a legit TKO a couple punches later, but ive seen far lesser fighters get way more lee-way and a chance to stay in the fight. One punch, fight over, and Benson wasn't close to laid out. Im upset right now.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:24 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I'd like everybody here to apologize to me for your argumentative nature when I called Benson Henderson the most overrated MMA fighter in the game a little over a year ago. :lol:

Been stopped twice in the first round in a calender year since that thread. Bendo can fight, but he was never a Top 5 fighter in the game.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
I HATE to rain on Dos Anjos parade I really do, but you gotta give a true champion like Benson more of a chance than to call the fight over after one huge punch. Maybe Dos Anjos scores a legit TKO a couple punches later, but ive seen far lesser fighters get way more lee-way and a chance to stay in the fight. One punch, fight over, and Benson wasn't close to laid out. Im upset right now.

I'm not much of a Benson fan, but that was a short stoppage. Of course, if I was a ref, there would be some fucked up dudes.

I enjoyed several of the fights on that card.

The James Vick fight was good. They were really hyping the Brazilian with him training out out of the Anderson Silva camp. I'm no expert, but his striking looked awful. I think his ability to take a pretty good shot took him The 3 rounds.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

I'd like everybody here to apologize to me for your argumentative nature when I called Benson Henderson the most overrated MMA fighter in the game a little over a year ago. :lol:

Been stopped twice in the first round in a calender year since that thread. Bendo can fight, but he was never a Top 5 fighter in the game.

Your just jealous you can't get your hair to have that cool, Somoan, or whatever, look to your hair.

I can bet one thing though, he damn sure doesn't have a watch as cool as yours.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Anis, what do you think of the UFC signing Eddie Alvarez? Cerrone vs Alvarez, now that's what I'm talking about. That's a fantastic fight. My first thought was that they were throwing Alvarez to the wolves, but, dude, has been tested and that fight shows what UFC thinks of him. Win or lose, Alvarez is must see, as is Cerrone. I think I will go with Cerrone though.

Conor Macgregor vs Dustin Poierre also on card and should be a good one. Both of these are undercard to Demetrius Johnson title defense.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Your just jealous you can't get your hair to have that cool, Somoan, or whatever, look to your hair.

I can bet one thing though, he damn sure doesn't have a watch as cool as yours.

Guaranteed, he rocks one of them gaudy >50MM watches that is all the rage. Old school, 30MM and below is where it's at.

Fuck his Polamalu hair.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Absolutely nothing controversial about that KO. He literally knocked him off of his feet, and was giving him the unguarded, unadultered business until the ref intervened. The ref jumped a tad early, but Benson wasn't gonna stop anything.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

controversial is definitely to strong a word and not accurate. Not saying the ref did a bad job, he just could've done a better job all things considered. Benson is a top flight fighter who is great on the ground, particularly defensively. He deserved more of a chance to try and survive his dire situation considering who he is and what his history suggests. The ref ran in as soon as that one punch landed and Benson dropped down to the ground. Ive seen guys like Brock Lesnar (vs Carwin) and Matt Brown (vs Erik Silva) in similar dire situations, and both guys got the chance to survive because of who they were, Benson in the same situation didn't get that same chance. Brock and Brown actually went on to win those fights as well. Again, not controversial, just wish Benson would've got that chance he deserved to try and survive his bad situation.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Absolutely nothing controversial about that KO. He literally knocked him off of his feet, and was giving him the unguarded, unadultered business until the ref intervened. The ref jumped a tad early, but Benson wasn't gonna stop anything.

also, unless im misremembering which could be the case, I don't think the highlighted is true. I remember the ref rushing in to stop the fight as soon as that huge left put Benson on his ass. Maybe a couple glancing shots were landed in the midst of all the madness and the ref stoppage, but I recall the ref deciding to stop it as soon as Benson hit the ground.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
The shot he landed was a beast of a shot though. Basically floored Henderson, put him onto queer street and into a completely defenseless position. Even when Henderson stood up and jumped up and down you could see in his face that he wasn't all there. The ref could have let him get his brains beaten in a little bit first. But I dont think anything that was gonna be thrown was going to miss. Stoppage was a bit early, but from what I saw in Henderson in the moment, I cant call it controversial, the ref saved him from a beat down.

Board index » General Sports Discussion