Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post subject: UFC Weidman vs Machida
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Rousey is going to be very hard to beat if she keeps working on her boxing. The kind of one punch power needed to overcome all of her ability simply doesn't exist in UFC womens fighting.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

The main event was good. Machida for fucked up for the most part but Lyoto rallied at times. Weidman got a good chin

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I must say I haven't given Weidman his due respect after beating a clowning Silva, and then Silva breaking that leg. Weidman is a really good fighter, and his overall dimensions make him really hard to beat. At this point the only way I see him losing is if Silva comes back for a third fight, or if he moves up and fights a light heavy.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:13 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Silva is already on record saying he wants no parts of a 3rd fight with Weidman. But the good news is that Silva does plan on coming back in 2015.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:27 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I fucking hate that Weidman continues to get little credit for the Silva fights. First of all, Silva tends to clown when things aren't going good. He does that to mask the fact that things aren't going his way. Weidman 1 is the definitive example of this, as Weidman was beating him at every aspect of MMA up to that point. It was a condensed version of the first three rounds Machida faced last night. Then Silva drops his hands, gets knocked out, and everybody fucking forgets this.

The second fight, Weidman takes Round 1 easily. He staggered Silva almost immediately in the clinch, and then spends the next three minutes owning Silva in his guard. Second round freak accident, and everybody fucking forgets this.

Weidman is better than Anderson Silva. If you want to make the case that five years ago, this wouldn't be true. Well, there's no way of knowing whether that's true or not, so go ahead, I guess. But in 2013, there is no doubt in my mind that this is true. If Silva wants some more in 2015, that will be true again. But he doesn't. He knows.

Weidman is a well rounded beast. As impressive a wrestler as he is, he's out striked Machida and Silva standing up. That is ridiculous. This man needs more respect.

As for Rowdy Ronda, she's like Wilt Chamberlain dropping 100 and dunking on poor motherfuckers because they're decades ahead of competition. The only thing that's going to stop Rowdy Ronda is Hollywood luring her away from the fight game, or some not-good-enough-for-her-asshole knocking her up.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Guilty as charged. What I am guilty of really though is not watching any of Weidman's fights enough before Silva.

Always said this sport has yet to go through its renaissance period where extremely physically and discipline talented guys roll through in high number. I've seen enough of him to know that he is one of those. He has earned my respect.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
[quote="Jermzhi ยป Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm"]Rousey is going to be very hard to beat if she keeps working on her boxing. The kind of one punch power needed to overcome all of her ability simply doesn't exist in UFC womens fighting.[/q

:thumbup:

Board index » General Sports Discussion