Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
What's the plan?

Post subject: Re: Problems in Iraq
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Let them deal with their own problem. The Iraq Army is suppose to be 800 thousand strong. The insurgent group is about 10 thousand strong. Seems to me the Iraqi force has the numbers edge. What they lack is smarts. But if I were Obama I would not get involved with ground troops. At best I would send air support but that is it.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

my initial reaction is to agree with you, but when you think about the time, money, effort, lives spent to get iraq to where it is, can we really sit by and watch all that be undone?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

my initial reaction is to agree with you, but when you think about the time, money, effort, lives spent to get iraq to where it is, can we really sit by and watch all that be undone?

I fully understand your position. But we cant get involved everytime Iraq has a problem. Should we get involved in 10 years? How about in 20 years? We helped stabilize that country. Its up to them to take full control of their own problem. Didn't the Iraqi Prez want us out once shit was all but settled? If so its his problem to deal with it now. If he can be as brutal as Hussien was I bet there be no more insurgent uprising.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hear you. that's what makes it so tough. what is the cut off line? And how do we justify getting involved last time, but not this time? But i think i agree with you in that, I don;t want to see more American lives lost. Send in the drones.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Leave them be. Lets Iran help them. Hell, help Iran help them. Hell, lift further sanctions on Iran so Iran can help them if anything, make a more peaceful status with Iran, and let Iran assume responsibility. I don't say this out of concern for American soldiers, I say it out of the fact that the US cant solve this.

To go in there would be continuing Bush's work, which is a terrible idea. Sunni's were running the joint till the US went in their and smashed the place to pieces, while supporting the Shiites, then gave the Shiites power and control, without mandating that they try to share the power with Sunni's. Of course the Sunni's were going to come storming back eventually, and Al Qaeda waiting in the wings to destabilize and consolidate.

It's ridiculous, Bush and them smashed them citing al Qaeda ties, found no links at all, and now all those angry Sunni's that they smashed have basically turned to Al Qaeda in the name of revenge.

Stay the fuck out. The US solution is to support one extreme muslim sect over another, it doesn't end war, it further propagates it. The US doesn't know how to export peace, it only knows how to export war, and "democracy" while they cross their fingers and hope that peace happens as a tertiary side effect, and neither war nor "democracy" will solve what is going on out there, leave it to other nations.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hear you. that's what makes it so tough. what is the cut off line? And how do we justify getting involved last time, but not this time? But i think i agree with you in that, I don;t want to see more American lives lost. Send in the drones.

Last time we went in it was cause of Bush greed over oil. He just used Hussien as an excuse to get in, which to tell you the truth I didn't mind killing that old fool. He was the devil to his own people and needed to be taken out. As far as a cut off line? This is it. Once we left that country there should be no turning back. Why should American lives be lost over an in-war between religion groups? Its their problem. If Iraq cant control their own people than why are they their own country? Why have their own Prez? He needs to go all out with brute force and eliminate the problem. He has a huge army. And hundreds more volunteers have answered his call. Let them deal with it.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 am 

Cash on hand:

We shouldn't been there in the first place. Kaos is right, shit was about oil and Bush. It's not our problem.

Board index » Off Topic