Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
they say people gave them sleeping and pain pills! oh please!

if you are in pain, the pain is there for a reason ok. it's there to tell you something is wrong, if you kept taking pain pills for pain and playing.... it's on you ok!

if you had to take sleeping pills to sleep, ultimately the final decision is yours ok! nobody put a freaking gun to your head and made you take the sleeping pills! all nfl players at least have a high school diploma, the great majority have college degrees also!

when i played football if i got " brain buzzed"[a hard hit that made me dizzy] i knew better, i knew it was time to get out the game, take a break, i didn't care what the other players or coaches told me! if you decided to keep playing...that is on you! don't tell me you didn't realize something was wrong!

just look at the old movies where punchy old boxer come out. you knew what the deal was, you decided to continue in the sport anyway ok. and got paid big money for it. now you wanna take the nfl to court! lol

on the other hand

if these meds were dispensed by doctors who just cared about the bottom line for the nfl, i am in favor of getting every penny from the nfl, and then some!

but

if you took meds, from someone who wasn't a doctor, that is on you ok,

take it from me

i was an unlicensed pharmacist at one time before i knew the Lord Jesus i should know!

:D

you might ask me

What happens to the players down the road? They won't have a very good quality of life if they are crippled and in pain.

ok valid point!

well nobody put a gun to their head and made them play football!? when i tried out for a bigger team, i got buzzed, i never went back to the team! i learned my lesson right then and there. i was ok, played qb in elementary and wide receiver, but my true passion was defensive outside linebacker ! i was so good the other schools would double team me! but i really got rocked and the buzz didn't wear off right away, so i quit, the next year i went to chelsea high school, they didn't have sports to speak of. i could have gone to roosevelt high school on fordham rd or another high school, but i decided not to get buzzed again playing football! people who took pills from someone other than a doctor....that is on you ok, in my opinion, we are not talking about little kids of 12 or 13 we are talking about men here! all over 18, most have a college degree! if i decide i am going to be a boxer, i know boxers can get punchy, be killed, slip into a coma, whatever right, that is a chance i take, if someone in my gym gives me pain pills, that is on me! i am a grown man. not a child, i should have known better, where is the accountability? and by the way, i don't know about now, but at one time there was more deaths in football than in boxing!

for some reason i felt like i had more control doing martial arts and boxing rather than football.

do you people agree with this or not?

1 Corinthians 9:26 common english bible

So now this is how I run—not without a clear goal in sight. I fight like a boxer in the ring, not like someone who is shadowboxing.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Someone on ESPN went at Richard Dent on this matter, since Dent is one of the voices speaking for the players. He said Dent went on to have a HOF career in part because he was able to play through injuries and just stay on the field, and he knowingly took these painkillers in order to play and keep making money, playing at a high level and enjoying the money and fame that goes with it. So now he's being a hypocrite with this stuff. IDK all the details, but I always go back to this thought of, nobody forces anybody to play football and its known as the roughest sport for a reason. Again, idk all the details though.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Ok!

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

There's a lot of pressure to play through pain. It's easy to say no when you're not in that position. I've been in that spot twice. Once i played with a torn ACL and MCL in my left knee. The second was a ruptured disc in my back. Years later my condition has worsen and it's probably because i decided to play instead of sit. I regret it some times, but you know what, I probably would do it all over again.

Players have to take some responsibility but I think part of the doctors job is to save the players from themselves.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

I remember in college i sat out of practice because my back was hurting too bad and the offensive coordinator came up to me after practice and said, "Damn CJ, can't believe you didn't practice today". Man, not only did I feel guilty but I felt like a pussy for not practicing. Next day i was right back out there. :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

There's a lot of pressure to play through pain. It's easy to say no when you're not in that position. I've been in that spot twice. Once i played with a torn ACL and MCL in my left knee. The second was a ruptured disc in my back. Years later my condition has worsen and it's probably because i decided to play instead of sit. I regret it some times, but you know what, I probably would do it all over again.

Players have to take some responsibility but I think part of the doctors job is to save the players from themselves.

those injuries sound terrible! the back pain i can relate too, i take oxycodone for it rarely, because with my new job, i have to be like 120% at all times there! motivating myself and hopefully motivating others to get to the next level in sales. idk football is a crazy sport though, we used to have these head to head competitions to see who could take the most punishment taking helmet to helmet hits! :shock:

but what i read is that the nfl players didn't get these pills from doctors, they got them from other people! :kopfpatsch:

imo

that is on them! they are grown men! they should know better i think? what do you guys think? i know when i go to the barber shop those guys are gonna have a great discussion about all this for sure!

1 Corinthians 9:26 common english bible

So now this is how I run—not without a clear goal in sight. I fight like a boxer in the ring, not like someone who is shadowboxing.

Board index » Off Topic