Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post subject: Investments
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Where yall put your money other than the bank?

Post subject: Re: Investments
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

You aint getting me with that question, lmao. :wagging-finger-no-no-smiley-emoticon:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You aint getting me with that question, lmao. :wagging-finger-no-no-smiley-emoticon:

:pimp: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What you thinking about fucking with?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

My mom is well connected to people with big money from her days working for the government (thats why Im so anti government, I know how these fucks move first hand lol), so she gonna put me in touch with some rich muthafuckaz and talk some shop. I was thinking a direct investment account with an institution. I dont want to be that motherfucker that sits back and pays a broker to do all the work, I wanna be more hands on. Also dont wanna put too much in right a way, a few G's here and there and increase the totals. I figure i spend so much time at the computer, why dont I go do some reading and make some money.

But hey, im sure many a broke muthafucka done did this before, so I'm gonna be straight careful with it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:56 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

My mom is well connected to people with big money from her days working for the government (thats why Im so anti government, I know how these fucks move first hand lol), so she gonna put me in touch with some rich muthafuckaz and talk some shop. I was thinking a direct investment account with an institution. I dont want to be that motherfucker that sits back and pays a broker to do all the work, I wanna be more hands on. Also dont wanna put too much in right a way, a few G's here and there and increase the totals. I figure i spend so much time at the computer, why dont I go do some reading and make some money.

But hey, im sure many a broke muthafucka done did this before, so I'm gonna be straight careful with it.

Yeah man, that's tough shit to deal with unless you really know what you are doing.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Not that I'm fucking Scrooge McDuck over here, but I've made a decent chunk of change the past few years in mutual funds. It's hands off, which you don't seem interested in, but it is an easy way to make some bread without doing anything. I probably had 80% in mutual funds, and 20% to play around with. I tinkered with day trading penny stocks from time to time with pretty good success, but you have to make that your primary focus to support yourself, and I didn't have the time or desire to do such a thing. Day trading is also frowned upon if you're not a day trader (you get a quote of something like three day trades a week before they suspend your account, although there are loopholes if you want to make that your thing). I would swing trade more than day trade with that 20% of playing around money. I had less success doing that, but once again, it depends on the amount of effort you put into it. Stock market isn't really my thing.

I do have to say, though, I've recently took a majority of that money out of the market. In high school, right after the first dot com bubble, I put savings into a mutual fund (it was a few hundred dollars, not much), saw that go up to a few thousand, and then back down to less than I originally put in 2007 after that crash. So, I'm extra paranoid about it. There's a lot of all time highs on the market right now, which means there's no way to go but down. It might be a few months, it might be another year, but it's going to happen eventually, and I'm happy to do it a little early than too late again.

I still got about 30% in the market. I might tinker with putting put options and see if I can make some scratch betting against the market, which is easier said than done. In the meantime, 70% is out, and I have to try not to blow through it like an asshole.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fuck man, you're into everything :lol: . My uncle apparently made a killing on mutual funds and some other diverse investments and he's sitting on money, says my mom, which pisses me the fuck off because when his parents need fucking money, my mom tends to come to me....and then gives me excuses when I ask "what the fuck about their 6 fucking children" (greedy fucks man).

I wanna be more hands on as a hobby more than I do for the money, although it would be nice to multiply my money. I wouldnt mind the day trading thing too though, I have a sole proprietorship as an engineer right now so once my contract is up in July 2018, I could be out of work for a while. I mean, I could get another job easy, but I kind of want to fuck with a bit of a sabbatical...without having to be forced back to work due to needing a cheque. So it would be nice to do it for a short sustained period...with a good amount of change that wouldnt kill me to lose to see how feasible it is to rely on that and its return compared to what I'd make daily as an engineer. Start planning for that next phase of life, survey my life options.

Would have done it sooner, but was less of a risk taker, living too cheque to cheque and trying to tunnel vision on getting over the professional hump.

I've had success in the requisite business and mathematic material over my life to think that I might have an aptitude for this shit. Any other tips are welcome bruh!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Check out EatSleepProfit on YouTube. He gives the basics for a lot of what you'll want to do.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
First off, I could see you doing well with the stock market. You’ve struck me as the type that would do well with analyzing all this shit that needs to be analyzed. Gruber as well.

Mutual funds have done well by me. I have always maxed out each paycheck and my 401k and put my money in the most aggressive funds. Something like small cap aggressive growth American stocks. It adds up over time. Doesn’t sound like what you want as Gruber mentioned.

I would recommend checking out IBD - Investors business daily. It’s a newspaper or you can get the online subscription. When I was doing individual stocks, it was the best tool I found. When I bought the paper, back then, they also sent a easy book that detailed how to use the paper. It also features certain stocks that met fundamental criteria such as revenue growth and other financial stuff as well as the charts which basically were patterns that resulted in the daily fluctuations of stock price and the volume traded. Obviously, you want stocks with good financials, but, it was also important to look at the charts. You did not want a stock going down with high trading volume as that might indicate institutional investors like mutual funds were unloading stock. Visa versa not a bad thing to look at a stock going up with high trading volume.

I would just advise to not fall in love with a stock. Have some set in stone sell parameters. You may have picked the perfect stock but, it may drop like crazy if the market as a whole is going down.

My money goes into rental property as I have mentioned before. Buying a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house is feasible in my area and the return is good. Get it paid off and it’s $850-$1000 coming in a month. There is shit that goes along with that, but something that is minimized by doing your homework up front on your tenants and being able to do any repairs yourself (most anyway).

I like property as I have way more control of the outcome. Stocks are dam good if you have the aptitude, do your homework, and don’t fall in love with your stock.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bonea. I've actually started work on putting together a cooperative of people I know and putting into properties. But thats a group thing so its a bit more tricky.

I'm not the type to be loyal to any stock. Treat it like a game of mario and just jump from platform to platform before they fall. Ill check IBD though for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Gonna throw 1 G each into foreign exchange, direct investment pennie stocks, and the cryptos, see how I do in a month or so.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Gonna throw 1 G each into foreign exchange, direct investment pennie stocks, and the cryptos, see how I do in a month or so.

That crypto shit makes me nervous.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

That crypto shit makes me nervous.

Yeah, I dont wanna put too much in. It makes me nervous too. But if I lose a couple hundred, no big loss. So long as I dont lose too big. The reward is the tempting.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Long term stock: Nvidia

Apple will look to acquire Netflix I believe. Apple is going to have $213 billion in repatriation money to play around with, and they need to do something with it instead of having it on the balance sheets. I'm not a fan of Tim Cook, but, maybe they are smart enough to do a major acquisition this year. I don't believe in the short-term revenue of Augmented Reality, which, is Apple's play right now.

China is stealing market share from Apple a bit with smartphones overseas, and Apple swung and missed a bit with their pricing for IphoneX.

I still think Apple and Tesla should strike up some kind of deal, because Tesla is still bleeding cash, and there are rumors about Tesla possibly buying up Space X. Problem is, Elon doesn't want to relinquish control. Not sure how much longer they can keep bleeding cash to try and produce the Model 3 though.

Amazon is just priced too high, but they will probably acquire Target this year even though they have struggled with the Whole Foods integration. Maybe buying some Target stock if it dips into the low 50's sometime in 2018 could be a good deal.

Something else to consider, Amazon is going to get into the ad business in 2018, which will put a lot of pressure on Google and Facebook ads. Amazon isn't going anywhere, it's just too bad the stock is so fucking expensive.

I also think it is China's time for growth, but, I don't know shit about their economy really so I really have no idea how to invest in it. Alibaba seems like a sure thing. Alibaba's shares have shot up 96% in '17. Online e-commerce is growing at twice the rate in China than it is in the U.S.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Nvidia is a good one. They've doubled in value over the past year. Barring a recent fall they may hit higher ceilings this year. Ill look into what they have coming.

Those other companys are too big for me to chase. If I was gonna be floating 10s of thousands, ill consider them, but for now I'm starting to small to play with them. Except for Alibaba, ill keep an eye on Alibaba.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Also want to add that it is probably about that time for oil to start spiking again. Russia is in control of Venezuela now and Iran is in an interesting situation with their protests. All of that could spike the fuck out of oil.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Keep it coming.

The unusually cold winter is also gonna influence the prices of fuels across the board. Shit is basically being burned at double the usual rate.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

To all my conspiracy theorists out here....

How much fossil fuel do we have left?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lots. The environment is a complete mess though, whether its man made, or naturally occurring, or a combination of both!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lots. The environment is a complete mess though, whether its man made, or naturally occurring, or a combination of both!

Ya, I am noticing as I prepare for a fucking winter cyclone here.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Oil is abiotic, IMO. I think 'peak' oil is a bit of a myth.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Oil is abiotic, IMO. I think 'peak' oil is a bit of a myth.

Think so???? What makes you believe that? Some brief reading and some short though, I tend to agree.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I love days when someone says something to me and the pieces fit to some shit that I thought about in passing. I think the unilaterally believed theory that oil comes from dead lifeforms decaying over millions of years is such a stupid and ridiculous theory that every scientist that has cosigned it should move onto something else. I also think that Oil is not as nonrenewable as we've been hearing for who knows how the fuck long...

Bring your ass back here Burowz. You and Jermz got some talkin to do!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

O.k., a bit of a tangent here from me:

Pakistan's central bank announced that it will be replacing the dollar with the yuan for bilateral trade and investment with China.

Expect more of this--devaluing of the dollar and other nations dumping it.

Also, Russia is in control of Venezuela now with Maduro being Putin's puppet of sorts, and is basically in hock to Russia (long story there).

So, Putin has his thumb under the largest oil reserves in the world. How is he making use of that even with sanctions against Venezuelan export of oil? Venezuela is about to release its own cryptocurrency called the Petro.

Russia, China and Iran are currently pursuing currency swap agreements to eliminate the US dollar from trade. China has also announced the launch of the petro-yuan to replace the greenback in oil transactions.

What this means is, with the advent of cryptos, it represents a fresh catalyst for commodity-producing countries wishing to abandon the dollar as a means of payment for oil. Also expect the price of oil to continue to go up. Russia is now heavily invested in the crypto world while China still mines 85% of Bitcoin.

Having crypto's that are backed by oil reserves, gold, and other resources is the future. What is not the future is the U.S. dollar. China and Russia are slowly squeezing the U.S. out.

What the rise of Russia in cryptos means is that even with sanctions imposed by the U.S. and the E.U., Russia will have a way to send and receive money.

The U.S. Treasury Terrorism and Financial Intelligence unit can put sanctioned individuals on a blacklist that keeps them from doing business in U.S. dollars but since cryptos aren't controlled by any state, it is easy to bypass any blacklist.

But, the bigger picture is how it is challenging the global banking system.
Disruption is inevitable, and cryptos could become the new driver of international business and financial transactions, and that will all start with trying to destroy the value of the U.S. dollar in trade relations and by using cryptos backed by oil and other natural resources.

The U.S. and the U.S. dollar is on bended knee right now.

China and Russia are moving to gold backed currency and each has issued home currency-denominated bonds in each other’s markets which will reduce the volatility of yuan and ruble exchange rates.

There is an emergence of an eastern gold standard with natural resource-backed crypto kickers in the making.

The U.S. dollar is dying.

On a more futuristic note, N. Korea is sitting on $6-$10 trillion in unearthed, precious resources--both metals and minerals.

The U.S. has dropped the ball with regard to N. Korea. They have wanted a treaty for over 60 years and only got armistice.

I actually expect at some point in the future for N. Korea to possibly have its own natural resource-backed crypto currency to circumvent anything the U.S. or U.N. tries to do to them with regard to sanctions.

Both Russia and China supply N. Korea with what they need, and China does a lot of trade with N. Korea. And they both share a border with N. Korea.

You know who uses a lot of those precious metals? The tech industry. And that is only going to continue to grow. (think Samsung products produced by N. Korean natural resources) Can't have an IPhone without precious metals running the show.

As Russia and China gain more power and influence, expect N. Korea to become a major stronghold in natural resources extracting and exporting.

And expect a N. Korean cryptocurrency.

#Kimcoin...anyone?

Board index » Off Topic