I think.

Post subject: Re: I'm an atheist.
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Cool. I'm not.

Dont really have a problem with athiests, it's the miitant athiests I have an issue with. In fact militant anything is a problem. Militant athiests, militant feminists, militant thiests, militant leftists, militant rightists. All no good.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
You a regular visitor of the House that God built??

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Wtf?? :lol:

I was lifted this morning. :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You a regular visitor of the House that God built??

Church??? Naw brah.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
God is a programmer.
We live in a matrix.
....a simulation.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This one is much better.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

So whats the main point of it? Whats the base reason that qualifies you as an athiest? I've met, known, and discussed athiesm with a lot of athiests and nons.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Of course V believes in Simulation Theory. :lol:

I'm most likely an atheist too, but I don't put much thought into it. I have a deep hatred for organized religion, the greatest terror in human existence, and obvious bullshit, but whether a celestial being actually exists or not is whatever. Don't know, don't care.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well Ill go disagree with the greatest terror comment. Religion is just the convenient justification not the reason, if it didnt exist, man would find another justification for his savagery, it's just how human beings a wired. That simulated theory stuff is just crazy to me.

But grubs, do you think your hatred is dictating your belief? And if so, do you think that could be problematic? Yea, Im provoking that deep thought motherfucker :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Jermzhi wrote:
But grubs, do you think your hatred is dictating your belief? And if so, do you think that could be problematic? Yea, Im provoking that deep thought motherfucker :)

Not significantly. It wasn't always hatred. It was a conclusion I came to as a boy, and a little more resentment builds with each passing year. It's hard not to. Christian empire pillaging the world, even the less extreme aspects of Islam still holding down women's rights, half of the population, and that's before you get to Jihad which is fucking insane, Zionism justifying the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians on the west bank. Celebrated religious figures: Popes enabling the greatest pedophile ring in human existence, Mother Theresa helping spread AIDS in Africa because condoms are even more evil. Don't even get me started on the Dalai Lama. The most murders, the most rapes, the most everything you can think of that is the worst humanity has to offer has been done in the name of religion, because of holy books that are bullshit. Plagiarised myths from bygone eras, with a new cast of characters. I have no time for it and I have no patience for anybody's faith.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Pretty good post man. A few things id like to agree, disagree, and expand on. But honestly man, some human beings are just awful. Is religion really to blame more than simple failure in humanity? Remove religion and before it, we still have/had a segment of the population that are just awful. Your contempt for organized religion is like my contempt for human kind. Youve no faith in the religion, i have no faith in man...because the shit show always starts with man.

Btw, those first zionists who plotted with Balfour and the British to take land that wasnt theirs ( they had a few other lands in mind ) were athiests.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Pretty good post man. A few things id like to agree, disagree, and expand on. But honestly man, some human beings are just awful. Is religion really to blame more than simple failure in humanity? Remove religion and before it, we still have/had a segment of the population that are just awful. Your contempt for organized religion is like my contempt for human kind. Youve no faith in the religion, i have no faith in man...because the shit show always starts with man.

The similarities between what I see as religion, and you see as man, is basically the same thing because religion is man. It's not divine, or supernatural, it was man using stories to control other men (and women). There is no difference between the two except the invention of religion justifies these terrible actions to a mass of people who might otherwise object. Whether these terrible things would happen more or less without religion is unknowable, but I think it can't be argued against that it would be harder to justify without it.

These are big problems we're talking about. I think where religion also poisons is in the smallest things. Faith can, and does lead to otherwise rational people doing, saying, and accepting otherwise irrational things. This was an old Christopher Hitchens goto example, but I'm going to use it myself -- Circumcision. A relatively harmless endeavor. Everybody can talk about it without emotions, but would anybody look at their newborn baby boy and come to an independent conclusion, "That baby is perfect once we take the foreskin off his cock"? Nobody would think this. Yet most American Christians and all Jewish parents around the world snip without any thought. Again, not much harm done, but the idea that people do a small surgical procedure on a fucking baby, without any fucking thought, because it's in an ancient book, is insane. Rational people doing irrational things. And then the second the gender is swapped, and you hear about female circumcision, this once harmless example that shows an odd lapse of thought by a mass population, becomes horrifying. Genital circumcision turns into genital mutilation. This bad thing would not exist without religion. What else is there? Lots.

Btw, those first zionists who plotted with Balfour and the British to take land that wasnt theirs ( they had a few other lands in mind ) were athiests.

Yep. Stalin too, possibly Hitler, depending on which day you catch him, but I never identified as an atheist. First off, it's kind of like a joining a team, and I'm not a joiner of teams, but more importantly, the conviction of their being no god is as silly to me as the conviction of faith that there definitely is. It's currently unknowable. I'm not going to be shouting loudly about shit I can't know.

On the other hand, I think the religious texts that are the basis of religions have been disproved many times over, are clearly man made myths that have somehow survived unlike Greek ones, and I have absolutely no respect for them.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Most doctors recommend circumcision. Sure it might be a religious invention, but there is a medical basis for doing it. Its been that way for a while. Ive seen Hitchens use that example before. And he makes the unfair connection that all christians and jews do it because their god says so. As a militant athiest its a convenient stone to throw for him, buy its not a good one.

The argument can be made that without religion it would be less convenient to justify shit. We got borders and flags, and power uses that to justify shit all the time. Power finds a way. Either it just disregards a justification, or it builds a new one. Thus i dont see how removing religion from those who have managed to practice without resorting to barbaric practices that you speak of would really shift anything.

Good and bad can truly be made of anything. I am one to fully acknowledge that organized religion has been a pawn of nefarious men and that these books themselves have been modified over time partially to be more effective at bringing about the goals of said men. But it just makes my point...the man is gonna do some sinister shit, with or without the religion, so removing it when there are some that can put it to good use is counter productive.

People just need to be better. Im religious and exceedingly scientific and abide greatly by logic, and someone like that arrogant fuck Hitchens would tell me that its not possible to be that, because his narrow view puts those things at odds. Too much universe to much possibility to not have a huge mosaic of thought. I cant move to disregard things just because i dont understand it or dont see the purpose, or think i know the purpose but cant wholely prove it.

At the very least i can at some point use it for good to get at those who hold it sacred, and its hard to do that when you let evil men and your own opinions sour you on it.

Just better people needed. More tolerance needed. More concern for the other needed. Less boo at johnnny foreigner. These ideals can be reached through these organized religions or without them. Just dont listen to the fuck face wielding the book or waiving a flag or spewing some other shit that tries to steer people away from said ideals.

But we aint gonna get there, ever, because human beings are just FUCKED!!! :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I wrote that post while driving this morning, I'm an awful human being. lol.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 am 

Cash on hand:

Religion is pretty much the art of blind faith. Nothing you've ever heard or read can be proven, and all different types of people have their own versions. Its a bit much for me. Im not a blind faith guy. I can only trust you if i have proof that you are trust worthy. I will only believe something if it can be proven on some level. And then you have those zealots who just attribute any and everything to the doing of God. Like na, you should be thanking me for this glorious food on the table, and give Shoprite some credit for having this or that in stock. God aint put shit on this table.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Religion is pretty much the art of blind faith. Nothing you've ever heard or read can be proven, and all different types of people have their own versions. Its a bit much for me. Im not a blind faith guy. I can only trust you if i have proof that you are trust worthy. I will only believe something if it can be proven on some level. And then you have those zealots who just attribute any and everything to the doing of God. Like na, you should be thanking me for this glorious food on the table, and give Shoprite some credit for having this or that in stock. God aint put shit on this table.

I wouldnt call them zealots man. I fall into that category. Plenty of thanks can go around, you dont gotta get it all. :lol: Selfish mothafucka! Would be a better world too, if everyone could just be more fucking thankful as a whole, to god, to luck, to the shit that they dont see that has worked drastically in their favor.

It's like some of the rich who thnk all their money earning should be attributed to their hard work....and not to luck...or the advantages that they've enjoyed, and then leap to the next conclusion that the reason why people cant become like them must be because they dont work hard. It's a flawed fucking outlook, and ultimately leads to the well off not giving a fuck about those who are struggling and suffering. That shit you call luck, fortune. Sometimes I call that shit Gods Grace, sometimes I dont. Really depends on feel and the particular moment. I guess the zealot is the one who doesnt believe that there is a dissembling of those? And there is no luck, just god, only god, everytime. I suppose I dont fit that category after all.

I mean we see it all the time, "id like to thank god for this win" Yea fuckface, god bet some planets on this fuckin football game, and then rigged it so you can win. God aint got nothin better to do.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am 

Cash on hand:

Yea those are the zealots im referring to. Im sure you're fine. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

All you guys going to hell. :oops: :stfu: :oops:

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Lmao. Just playing, believe what you believe. I am a firm believer in Christ, I don’t get into no technical back and forth blah blah blah. All I know is I have favor and have been blessed throughout my life. I was not brought up in church I went seeking on my own, as an adult later in life. I don’t hate on nobody else’s. People trash religion, Christianity, the Bible, but in essence, it’s simple. If you live by the commandments you can’t go wrong. Yea you can nitpick parts of the Bible but most of it is good quality life teaching and coaching. It’s why it’s the most popular book ever.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 am 

Cash on hand:

I dont believe in hell either. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Heathen!! INFIDEL!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ill give you two Heathens this.....people of faith have/should have a responsibility to understand morality in itself, and not as a decree from God. All the books actually say enough things to point directly to this principle. But people aren't too bright, and very many people dont understand morality across the board.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ill give you two Heathens this.....people of faith have/should have a responsibility to understand morality in itself, and not as a decree from God. All the books actually say enough things to point directly to this principle. But people aren't too bright, and very many people dont understand morality across the board.

English, please. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

From limited tools of our senses (the interface) we will never understand our existence deeper than the stories people want to create to give it all meaning. At least that is true of the vast masses.

Physicists will fail in their ultimate goal.
We can't understand the underlying nature of reality hidden from our senses.
The core is hidden and the matter is the only a figment of the interpretation of the senses/interface.

I dunno. The videos are good.
I don't know what 'of course' it is that I might find this theory plausible.

I think it is obvious and VR foretells this theory has some real backbone.

Board index » Off Topic