Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
:smile81: :smile81: :smile81: :smile81: :smile81:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:39 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Ive been Meh, on Nassir for years. I'm sure this album has features on it but is more or less mid.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
He trying to sound too much like these new negus with his cadence. Too much of the production sounds like these new cats, too.

I don't dislike it but it sounds nothing like the old NAS. I mean obviously he can still flow.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Listening to it, so far, sub mid to mid. That track with eminem, 2 dudes obviously lyrically talented and not a single great song writer among them, the shit hit like how Canibus' music used to hit, just a whole bunch of lyrics for nothing over a sub par beat with a week fuckin hook. Imminently forgettable. Nas has been this to me for years. I hear ppl been goin on about the track with Laryn Hill, i aint there yet.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Listening to it, so far, sub mid to mid. That track with eminem, 2 dudes obviously lyrically talented and not a single great song writer among them, the shit hit like how Canibus' music used to hit, just a whole bunch of lyrics for nothing over a sub par beat with a week fuckin hook. Imminently forgettable. Nas has been this to me for years. I hear ppl been goin on about the track with Laryn Hill, i aint there yet.

Huh?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Huh?

I said what I said, neither Em or Nas is adept at song construction. They are really just lyricists. They rely heavily on production. The Producer or beat maker say "ok this is your space for your bars" then they go there and spaz. It's really cut and paste with them. The bulk of their last 2 decades have been this without variation. They are both rather boring unless you pair them with a producer who really knows how to put it together.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Huh?

I said what I said, neither Em or Nas is adept at song construction. They are really just lyricists. They rely heavily on production. The Producer or beat maker say "ok this is your space for your bars" then they go there and spaz. It's really cut and paste with them. The bulk of their last 2 decades have been this without variation. They are both rather boring unless you pair them with a producer who really knows how to put it together.

I mean...who would you consider a great songwriter then?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Huh?

one of the most absurd hip hop opinions ive ever seen. :lol:

i mean this particular song is exactly what you described, and the shit was fire. but na, you trippin.' that was wild.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

dude compared Nas and Eminem to Canibus. ....i should nominate your ass for the Pinklist for that shit. :rofl:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

i mean the truth is Eminem has mostly just been lyrically "spazzing" the last handful of years, after pretty much hitting it from every possible angle for the bulk of his career. like an NBA great who had one of the best all around games ever, hitting the twilight of his career and deciding he's just gonna focus on doing 1 particularly thing great going forward. but Nas?? i just cant believe you said that shit. you gonna drive me to drink tonight. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

dude compared Nas and Eminem to Canibus. ....i should nominate your ass for the Pinklist for that shit. :rofl:

In all seriousness, Canibus' only true great song is Poet Laureate 2.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Huh?

i mean this particular song is exactly what you described, and the shit was fire. but na, you trippin.' that was wild.

I knew this opinion would draw you in here all up in your feelings....boo hoo lil negus :lol: I said what I said :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Huh?

I knew this opinion would draw you in here all up in your feelings....boo hoo lil negus :lol: I said what I said :lol:

come on man stop it. nobody up in their feelings cause im disagreeing. i know you said what you said. and i said what I said. we vibin.' no feelings attached. get right.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

i mean the truth is Eminem has mostly just been lyrically "spazzing" the last handful of years, after pretty much hitting it from every possible angle for the bulk of his career. like an NBA great who had one of the best all around games ever, hitting the twilight of his career and deciding he's just gonna focus on doing 1 particularly thing great going forward. but Nas?? i just cant believe you said that shit. you gonna drive me to drink tonight. :lol:

he like Pacquiao, one trick Pony, hell of a trick, he still an ATG, but one trick pony all the same.

Go get ya drink Negus. :boxer:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Huh?

come on man stop it. nobody up in their feelings cause im disagreeing. i know you said what you said. and i said what I said. we vibin.' no feelings attached. get right.

got you here and responding.... rather....quickly.....all im saying :cool:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Canibus was dope as fuck for a verse or appearance, and had some cool tracks on his first two albums, I get what you mean, but there is a certain level of disrespect you are guilty of , speaking on Em or the great Nasir like that.

Rely on production? Not great song writers?? Yes they are legendary lyricists, but they have great fuckin songs. You are out your fuckin mind.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

Canibus was dope as fuck for a verse or appearance, and had some cool tracks on his first two albums, I get what you mean, but there is a certain level of disrespect you are guilty of , speaking on Em or the great Nasir like that.

Rely on production? Not great song writers?? Yes they are legendary lyricists, but they have great fuckin songs. You are out your fuckin mind.

tell that Negus!! :smile81:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I didnt say that they dont have great fucking songs guys. Reading comprehension is key here. I said someone else is putting the song together for them. Not their lyrics, im not accusing them of having other ppl write for them. I'm saying the pattern of all their music combined points to the fact that they are simply lyrical rappers. If you plan out a song, and give them a space they can rip the hell out of their allotment.

Whether their shit is nice or not is subject to opinion on the contents, cadence, and unfortunately...reputation of said rapper. But the song itself....if they were actually as talented in the construction of the song, their finger prints of it would be on more of their music, and other ppls music in addition to this. But nevermind though, I aint bow down in all sentiments to yall goat :hearty-laugh: So far, the album is mid. He's had better.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Jermz got em in they bag on friday boi!!! :hammer:

Bet you if I mention Jay, Troof gonna be in here within the hour...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I notice Jermz conveniently glossed over my question about who he thought is a great songwriter in the rap game. I mean...if Nas and Em ain't up there then I don't know who is.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I notice Jermz conveniently glossed over my question about who he thought is a great songwriter in the rap game. I mean...if Nas and Em ain't up there then I don't know who is.

I dont owe you no answers man.

https://streamable.com/yn3ocp

How about you tell me who YOU think is a great song writer.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

we know exactly what you're saying Jermz. its just blasphemous. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

for me Jay Z been retired ever since he actually retired after the Black Album. anything after that, bye Felicia. except that one track he did with Pusha T. probably a few others but you get the point.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Nas and Em needed a song together, because you know damn well they were going to come with incredible verses, and the EPMD touch on that song was incredible. It's the only one I've heard, looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Kanye is also dropping, and I have a funny feeling we gonna get Kanye Kanye.. People forgrt real quick just how talented this dude really is, just heard one of the tracks with Jay Electronica and Lox, heavy shit.

It's a good Friday for music no doubt, and the week started with the Lox and Dip battling. I feel like throwing some timbs on right now.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Kanye when hes on it and not trying too hard is a good song writer, as much as Im pained to admit it because I really dont like that Negus.

Board index » Off Topic