Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
The "What?" Burger:

there are 2 different versions of the "What?" Burger. today i will focus on the more controversial version. most people automatically find the idea disgusting, but i swear by it. dont knock it 'til you try it. :lol: ....anyway its a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup, on cinnamon raisin toast. now with this burger you do not want to go any further than cheese, bacon, and ketchup when it comes to toppings. any more and it just clashes to much with the cinnamon raisin toast. the ultimate sweet and savory burger. you're welcome.

Cinnamon raisin toast?? :?

exactly. :rofl:

i got the idea years ago when i had the sausage McGriddle breakfast sandwich from McDonald's. the ultimate sweet and savory delicious burger.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:38 am 

Cash on hand:

the more traditional version of the "What?" burger:

bacon cheeseburger with tomato, avocado or guacamole, ketchup, mustard or spicy brown mustard, mayo on top bun optional. Again, we have different choices. i prefer guac, spicy brown mustard, and very light mayo spread on the top bun. NEVER mayo directly on to the sandwich. this also rocks with a potato bun. so for me, specifically, its a bacon cheeseburger with tomato, guac, ketchup, spicy brown mustard, light mayo on potato bun. Also, you can ditch all the ketchup and mustard and go BBQ sauce.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:50 am 

Cash on hand:

there also seems to be a worldwide controversy on toasted buns, to be or not to be is the question. its simple, hot dogs yes, but traditional non toasted is equally fine. Burgers, never toasted. thats it. also on the hot dog, please, lightly toasted. very important.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
The "What?" Burger:

there are 2 different versions of the "What?" Burger. today i will focus on the more controversial version. most people automatically find the idea disgusting, but i swear by it. dont knock it 'til you try it. :lol: ....anyway its a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup, on cinnamon raisin toast. now with this burger you do not want to go any further than cheese, bacon, and ketchup when it comes to toppings. any more and it just clashes to much with the cinnamon raisin toast. the ultimate sweet and savory burger. you're welcome.

i got the idea years ago when i had the sausage McGriddle breakfast sandwich from McDonald's. the ultimate sweet and savory delicious burger.

Ok, i got the day off, im curious. I'll hit the grocery store and see what local assets I can find :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

The "What?" Burger:

Ok, i got the day off, im curious. I'll hit the grocery store and see what local assets I can find :lol:

oh boy. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The "What?" Burger:

oh boy. :lol:

Im gonna fuckin do it. sub in the chicken bacon :lol: dont let me down bro!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You know its not like I'm opposed to the burger raisin bread combo. Jamaicans during easter eat a processed tin cheese sliced and laid over a type of spiced bun, akin to the bread you mentioned but a bit more....well....spiced....putting some meat in that bitch is the only real difference....and meat never made anything taste worse.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

word. :thumbup:

i mean, as long as you actually like cinnamon raisin, shouldn't be an issue. and you could even just get cinnamon toast, sans the raisin. but I've always had a sweet tooth so I enjoy the extra sweetness the raisins give.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

word. :thumbup:

i mean, as long as you actually like cinnamon raisin, shouldn't be an issue. and you could even just get cinnamon toast, sans the raisin. but I've always had a sweet tooth so I enjoy the extra sweetness the raisins give.

I was just in the grocery store coming shit, and it's a good thing too, because Sara Lee had some oatmeal raisin cookies on sale on the cheap, now, I hate fuckin sweets, and cookies in most cases, but those sum bitches is the joints that will go down nice with a tea or a coffee and I will partake.

Anyway, I came across the same jamaican spice bun that I was talking about and thought about substituting, but the bun dont have the same surface area as the cinnamon toast, so I'll let that shit go for this time. Copped some mild cheddar cheese, the strong stuff is too much. Went with some sirloin burgers and chicken bacon. One other question though, should I be heating up the bread? or just fuck with it reg tempt and soft instead of crispy? What do you suggest? Edit, Nevermind i just saw you say Burger buns never toasted, and I tend to agree.

In fact, I hate when ppl freeze burger buns (to use later instead of letting it spoil)...because it always guarantees that you gotta toast the shit to unfreeze it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

As I eye this burger right now, I might say the part of it that throws me off is the ketchup! The other components fit relatively well, but I dont know how this shit is gonna go, but i made two of them, and I dont like wasting food!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

damn foo, you never go full serving on some crazy shit you trying for the first time. :rofl:

im just throwing my cookbook out there, and only the not exactly traditional takes. any minor additions, subtractions, or alterations is fine by me. Shit since you did 2 and felt a way about the ketchup, id hope you did one with and the 2nd without.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

damn foo, you never go full serving on some crazy shit you trying for the first time. :rofl:

im just throwing my cookbook out there, and only the not exactly traditional takes. any minor additions, subtractions, or alterations is fine by me. Shit since you did 2 and felt a way about the ketchup, id hope you did one with and the 2nd without.

I aint no bitch! :lol:

It went down rather well actually!! But ya, if I make a change it would be removing the ketchup. Id even consider a touch of syrup if the bread aint too sweet. It slapped though, I understand the appeal. I got a whole loaf of cinnamon bread to finish now, and 6 more burger patties.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

I aint no bitch! :lol:

It went down rather well actually!! But ya, if I make a change it would be removing the ketchup. Id even consider a touch of syrup if the bread aint too sweet. It slapped though, I understand the appeal. I got a whole loaf of cinnamon bread to finish now, and 6 more burger patties.

thats wasup. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
The best way to toast a burger bun is to butter the flat sides heavy and put them on a griddle IMO.
I don't need ketchup on my burgers, but pickles are a must for me.
I like the avocados too, but I used to eat 2/day for a long ass time and got burned out on'em.

Great breakfast with avos is cut'em in half and drop an egg in the middle and cook them in the oven.
One of that small toaster ovens works best....leave the skins on.
Top 'em with salsa or a hot sauce of your choice.
Damn fine and quick healthy breakfast it is.
I eat 4. 2 avos halved and 4 eggs.
375 for 12 minutes will about do it depending on how you like the egg yolk.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

now you got me craving avocado toast with an egg on top. lil salt and pepper on that bitch. thats breakfast tomorrow with a cup of coffee. thank you. :D

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:14 am 

Cash on hand:

as my Canadian brother would say, that shit slapped! :happy:

wife bought honey wheat bread instead of white or wheat. gave it a touch more sweetness, as of course i prefer. tomorrow im making my "What?" burger, the more traditional one. im really just in the mood to eat anything i can put guac on.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:49 am 

Cash on hand:

bros., im super fucking excited right now. i just created magic. literally just thought of it on the spot, made it up as I went on. I call it simply, "The GOAT Omelette. " Omelette stuffed with cheddar, pepperjack, bacon.....and the secret ingredient.....motherfucking french fries. :shock: .....now for stuffing purposes, you want to go small on the fries, like the skinny McDonald's ones. and salt/pepper/ketchup them bitches up prior to inserting in the Omelette. once everything is in there and its complete, top off the Omelette with some guac. a nice even spread over the top, not to much. Absolute epic flavor explosion. you get that classic trio of bacon, egg, and cheese, but not only that, you also get CHEESY FRIES! all in the midst of your perfectly seasoned egg and luscious creamy guac. holy shit.....

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

Shit sounds amazing A
I'm coming through with pictures tomorrow, we doing a Clam Bake at casa de Garcia tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I've often wondered what to do with leftover fries. They aren't as good once cold and dried up.
But damn, that is a fine ass idea with fries in an omelet.
Potatoes and eggs are a thing anyway in a different way...hashbrowns or homefries.

I CAnt wait to do that thing up.
I do 6 eggs omelets on the flat grill.
They are bigger than any burrito I've ever seen.
The things are so big they hang over the plate. :D

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:28 am 

Cash on hand:

Shit sounds amazing A
I'm coming through with pictures tomorrow, we doing a Clam Bake at casa de Garcia tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

whenever you ready with those pics bruh.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:31 am 

Cash on hand:

Potatoes and eggs are a thing anyway in a different way...hashbrowns or homefries.

exactly. and now that you mention it, some hashbrown or homefries in an Omelette sounds just as fun too.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yall makin a brotha hungry.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am 

Cash on hand:

Attachment:
20210314_172014_copy_600x800.jpg
20210314_172014_copy_600x800.jpg [ 216.43 KiB | Viewed 7087 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Lobsrer, Crab legs, shrimp, potatoes, corn and sausage.
Shit was epic

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yo Troof you gotta go to Jersey Mikes and just ask for the Austin_3:16 special. they'll know. :smile81:

Turkey/Provolone/Bacon/lettuce/tomato/onion/banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/spicy brown mustard.

fucking flavor explosion up the ass. motherfuckers are slick though. i notice with the cold subs they dont put alot of cheese, that way you're inclined to add extra cheese for $1 more. :lol: .....so with the add ons of bacon and "extra " cheese thats 12 bucks for regular size samich which may seem pricey but its well worth it. and all the other extra toppings are free of charge and unlimited. the other day i got a meatball parm from a pizzeria, same size as the Mikes sandwich, 4 dollars cheaper, tasted like ass. so i never mind food being a bit pricey as long as that shit slaps.

Board index » Off Topic