Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Republicans gotta get a lid on those tea party fucks. As long as you have psycho;s like Bachman getting national attention, they got no shot.

Nah. Tea party weirdos will actually help by being like wrestling jobbers in the primaries and make whoever comes out on top look like a great voice or reason in comparison, and they'll make a Republican messiah out of him, as a result. It'll be like when Zab knocks out a bum, and people start acting like, "He's back!" No, he still sucks. Always has. That other guy just sucked way more.

The problem for republicans is, public relations wise, a lot of the genaral, uninformed public (95% of voting America) associate tea party and republicans as the same thing.

Maybe here up North, where they never win anyway. I don't think you're taking into account the rest of the country enough. Nearly half the county votes republican regardless who is on the ticket. This is not going to change in our lifetime. It'll be neck and neck with the same few swing states being the difference, like usual. Mass and New York is a forgone conclusion, and doesn't matter.

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Republicans gotta get a lid on those tea party fucks. As long as you have psycho;s like Bachman getting national attention, they got no shot.

Nah. Tea party weirdos will actually help by being like wrestling jobbers in the primaries and make whoever comes out on top look like a great voice or reason in comparison, and they'll make a Republican messiah out of him, as a result. It'll be like when Zab knocks out a bum, and people start acting like, "He's back!" No, he still sucks. Always has. That other guy just sucked way more.

The problem for republicans is, public relations wise, a lot of the genaral, uninformed public (95% of voting America) associate tea party and republicans as the same thing.

Maybe here up North, where they never win anyway. I don't think you're taking into account the rest of the country enough. Nearly half the county votes republican regardless who is on the ticket. This is not going to change in our lifetime. It'll be neck and neck with the same few swing states being the difference, like usual. Mass and New York is a forgone conclusion, and doesn't matter.

i disagree. the religious folk are getting old. our generation is more liberal, republican party is going to lose most election from now on.

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

i disagree. the religious folk are getting old. our generation is more liberal, republican party is going to lose most election from now on.

I thought the same thing in 2000. I was wrong. What you see as "our generation" are people from our area, which is very liberal, and people in television and movies, which is very liberal. It's not even close to an accurate representation of the entire country. Religion isn't going anywhere down south and in the midwest.

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

As people get older they tend to begin to favor republican more. It's not like it's a generation of republicans dying off; it's a generation of people who became republicans dying off, only to be replaced by a generation of people who also got older and became republicans.

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Prime is right more or less, but those same old people happen to be white and further off than their racial counterparts, and that's basically the target audience of the republican platform. It'll probably never change. In the end, people always vote for whats best for themselves and not for whats best for the country, I hate it, and it makes me not want to vote here in Canada. Now the same assholish people who always tell me to vote are pissed because im voting for the party that my mom is working for...because its in her best interests...and by association....in my best interest.....while they look out for their own interests every fucking time they vote.

I feel like im turning into an angry old man.

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:09 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's what voting has been, and always will be. people looking out for themselves and their own interests. NOBODy votes for what's best. Sad but true.

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:48 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

People arent looking out for themselves really. They are buying into a bullshit represention. People don't know how to look out for themselves. That is why we have this here government thing going on. :lol: People vote on the most base level. Ethnicity, sex, where they are from, who was their daddy and moma. :kopfpatsch: I shit you not. All the talk and dialog of mostly a waste of time simplly because whatever it is they say most will believe or buy into.

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:30 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

People arent looking out for themselves really. They are buying into a bullshit represention. People don't know how to look out for themselves. That is why we have this here government thing going on. :lol: People vote on the most base level. Ethnicity, sex, where they are from, who was their daddy and moma. :kopfpatsch: I shit you not. All the talk and dialog of mostly a waste of time simplly because whatever it is they say most will believe or buy into.

Bingo. And just to put that point into a bucket, people vote for what they are told to vote for. If you watch one network that is biased toward republicans, you believe the bullshit and vote republican. If your favorite newspaper swings Democrat, you buy the bullshit and vote democrat.

People are not voting for themselves. From everything I have experienced in my life that is completely not true. I know people making 30k a year living pay check to pay check at the age of 30+ and 40+ that vote republican. They are not voting for themselves.

If I voted though, I would vote for myself.

Board index » Off Topic