Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Austinholic_3:16 wrote:
I say good for them. I've seen too many people just work and go home, work and go home. Shit my mom never missed a day, still works today at 70 + years old. But she has to go home and drink every night, like most hard workers lmao.

she drinks cause she's happy and loves life. such an annoying common misconception, that people drink just cause they stressed or work to hard etc. yea thats true in some cases. just like its true with smoking, having sex, eating, beating your wife, and even playing FF.

No...she drinks cause she has demons. I believe the same is almost true with cigarette smokers. There are usually underlying demons or stress.

ah ok. my bad. i kinda spoke out of place there and was just guessing and hoping i was right. but yea, im on that Irish and Native American shit. :lol: ....i actually prefer not to drink if im feeling down or sad or angry,.which i rarely feel like that now-a-days.

Austin aint been quite right since he had that morning hang over dry mouth run it with his own urine. Give him a break.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
People are definitely taking advantage of it, but I am honestly cool with that because basically every employer of ours that is a corporation is taking advantage of us. Fuck it.

I watched an episode of Kitchen Nightmares yesterday where this owner was clearly depressed afffffff. Like mentally ill depressed. Not just sad. Clinically depressed.

It was filmed in 2011 and the narrative the entire show, from his wife and family to Ramsey was, you gotta toughen up and get it together!!

That dude needed real help. Anyone that has been for real depressed knows being told "you have to be stronger, you have to not be depressed anymore!" is like yelling at a dog to not be a dog. It does nothing.

While I was watching I took comfort in the fact that, despite all of our society's flaws, they would have handled that situation much differently and way better if it was filmed in 2021.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Honestly, we know so little about depression that we dont know if all of us are suffering from the same level of the shit but just can cope with it better. Thats why I dont find insult in those telling the depressed to just be stronger. What else can you tell a weak person who is suffering and cant cope from a position of weakness??? Andthe fact that such a remedy gets stigmatized .... lets me further know that it should be used more. This society where we are now is all about demonizing solutions and letting problems fester.....and usually it leads to doping ppl up with drugs, prescription and street caliber.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
case by case. when i see someones story and the fucked up shit they been through, where its like damn i could see if you were legitimately depressed, your story and life happenings are worthy of depression. but that person is striving and thriving, happy for themselves and making others happy. and then i compare them to a depressed person and i see their story and its like well, life aint always fair and perfect, ive seen people thrive through much worse. so idk. for me, happiness is a choice, and in some instances, so is depression. not as simple as just flat out making a choice of one or the other. but sometimes you do have to decide to be stronger mentally and emotionally.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Eh, I dont agree with your guys' take, especially yours Jermz. It is overly simplistic, and naive.

I could try explaining it, but from my experience, even the best laid explanations wont change minds on internet forums. And that is said with high respect to both of your intelligent levels.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Eh, I dont agree with your guys' take, especially yours Jermz. It is overly simplistic, and naive.

I could try explaining it, but from my experience, even the best laid explanations wont change minds on internet forums. And that is said with high respect to both of your intelligent levels.

and thats perfectly fine. those examples i gave were very real and intimate situations and people in my life. so i just speak from that POV and what I've witnessed. Depression is real. so is weakness. and its difficult to balance whats what sometimes.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

and thats perfectly fine. those examples i gave were very real and intimate situations and people in my life. so i just speak from that POV and what I've witnessed. Depression is real. so is weakness. and its difficult to balance whats what sometimes.

For sure. And different people respond very differently to different motivational techniques.

Shit is so complex.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Never said it was simple, never said theres only one way, and I never said its just weak ppl or that you should be forceful. Every situation is gonna differ, and every person is diff, their history the triggering events differ too. But forward movement has to be the prime action, whether it be a nudge or something more, or letting them gather there mentals before that nudge. But either way, there will always be some lying ass gold bricker whos using the worlds sympathy to sit at home on the couch and watch Maury.

Board index » Off Topic