Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
There was a dubstep playlist on youtube called "motivational mix" that is fucking dope as hell. I was going to download it on my new cpu but they said they can't let people download it for free anymore so I'm SOL.

I just bought two Skrillex CD's off of youtube because I didn't feel like risking getting viruses if I downloaded it off some random website.

I'm wondering what you guys do for music nowadays? There is a Skrills song I want called "Cinema" but it sucks having to pay 1.50 for it on amazon.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
There was a dubstep playlist on youtube called "motivational mix" that is fucking dope as hell. I was going to download it on my new cpu but they said they can't let people download it for free anymore so I'm SOL.

I just bought two Skrillex CD's off of youtube because I didn't feel like risking getting viruses if I downloaded it off some random website.

I'm wondering what you guys do for music nowadays? There is a Skrills song I want called "Cinema" but it sucks having to pay 1.50 for it on amazon.

First off, what the hell is a Skrillex?

I download cd's to my apple account/iPad. I also get gift cards for iTunes on various holidays.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Bittorrents.

Soulseek is an old school peer-to-peer thing, always under the radar, so they've survived all these years.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Bittorrents.

Soulseek is an old school peer-to-peer thing, always under the radar, so they've survived all these years.

You personally use both of these? Or juts bittorrents? Have any virus issues? I downloaded "avast" for antivirus and the fucking thing came with all kinds of bullshit piggybacking on it, and now it's "trial" is over so I it's sending me pop ups asking me to upgrade to the paid service.

Sigh...

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I download cd's to my apple account/iPad. I also get gift cards for iTunes on various holidays.

Considering the last time I posted music you immediately buried it, I don't think you'll enjoy Skrillz. For the record, the band who made the song that you shit on just won a grammy.

Anyway, here's Skrillex.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, I use them both. I've been using Soulseek for close to a decade. Kind of an antique technology wise, but people still signing on, so I strike out pretty rarely looking for stuff. Although, admittedly, I'm not looking for much hip hop or dubstep.

I don't know that I've ever gotten a virus from downloading music. From pirated software, all the fucking time.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I feel like I"m fairly adept at using a computer, but I've always had problems with bittorents. I remember Jermz touting them years ago and me giving bittorrent a try and having a hell of a time with it. Any tips or advice?

Maybe I'll scoop soulseek and give it a shot too.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

There's really no reason not to be using torrents by now. It really is super easy. Download a client (I've been using Vuze forever, so that would be my recommendation). Then you find a torrent website you like (kickasstorrents, piratebay, or a torrent search engine like torrentz.com), and that's really all there is to it. Look for what you want, download it, it gets sent to your client, and after a little while, you'll be seeing some of the fastest download speeds you've ever seen.

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

Considering the last time I posted music you immediately buried it, I don't think you'll enjoy Skrillz. For the record, the band who made the song that you shit on just won a grammy.

Anyway, here's Skrillex.

nice

1 Corinthians 9:26 common english bible

So now this is how I run—not without a clear goal in sight. I fight like a boxer in the ring, not like someone who is shadowboxing.

Board index » Off Topic