Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
The whole animal farming stuff is out of a sci fi nightmare. There are some people that will say the meat really fucked to begin with because of the stress these animals endure. This gets into a very strange area but the gist of the idea is this: A pregnant women subjects her baby in the womb to all of the chemicals she produces and ingests. If a woman has a stressful or abusive pregnancy the baby is more likely to have health complications. This doesn't just apply to birth. It applies to the human beings throughout its lifetime. This was referred to as the Dutch famine of 1944. Some people take is a step farther and suggest the stress chemicals our body produces are also produced in animals. These chemicals poison the meat and make people more prone to being sick. Its a very Karmic concept explained through science that I feel makes total sense. It does in fact matter where things start. No matter if we understand or not, it has an effect on the end outcome. An animal tortured carries within its meat the toxic chemicals of stress and pass it onto its consumers residual effects physiologically as if they are tortured without the psychological scars or memories.

Bizarro stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I buy meats that are slaughtered in accordance with Halal. Ive seen in videos an in person with some Islamic friends the difference of said slaughter. Now I don't know if the powers that be have gotten into shit, and its the same slaughter as the rest, but I do know that muslims would be pissed if such was the case, so its halal for me, or bust these days when it comes to my beef and chicken.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Back when I had my sushi restaurant I got to thinking about fish in this same way. I bought all of my fish through an organization in nyc called Sea2Table. The fish came straight from boat to my restaurant in 2 days as far as Alaska. These dudes take the sustainable fishing thing seriously and take pride in the fish they provide. I freaked them on day and asked them if I could contact the fisherman directly to discuss "ike jime"---the proper method for killing the fish. I explained why. (long pause) "I don't know if we can do that". lol. "just checking", i said. There is always someone thinking beyond even the people that think they are on the front of forward thinking.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Halal is bullshit. They praise Allah while giving a more "humane" killing, which is debatable, but lets say it is more humane. That doesn't mean the animal they're killing was any less farmed, or miserable, than non halal meat. You're still eating a chicken that probably wasn't healthy enough to stand, or even given an opportunity to.

My opinion is, the animal isn't even killed more human either, so I see no benefits to Halal at all. More religious bullshit. Kosher law is actually more strict, and that's kind of bullshit too.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
You know is bullshit? Animal rights groups fighting to force these people to stun the animals before killing them.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:shock: where did that come from?
I don't know much about what activists are asking the meat companies to do.
I do know the meat industry is quite absurd in near every way.
Its like everything, once profit trumps what the intended purpose should be, the purpose is long forgotten.

Board index » Off Topic