Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I tell you this from being out there enough...you can do the same shit in a backyard without the risk of the feeling of being stuck in a trap. I'd even recommend it first because there is always something you'll learn by it or think shit you didn't before.

I dont know if you got the impression that I've never camped before man (I guess the TP forget made it sound like that :lol: ) :hearty-laugh: But im a regular one, every year, I just have never done it so far from home (12 hrs) and in the middle of a lake (along one, near one, never middle). It's a splendid idea if I was a novice for sure, but I aint pitchin my camping gear in my backyard man :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I mention it because before I did any serious winter camping I did some tests in "the backyard"...its woods enough....-27 below zero tests. I learned some shit about the cold. Better there than in the real shit far from a microwave.

I got some winter stories man...13hr hiking up mouatin stories in 3ft of fresh snow with 70lbs of gear. Snowshoes were necessary. Got to the crater lake at the top of this mountain and couldn't get my stove to fire. Everything frozen solid. My mind was starving and light was fading. another foot of snow was on the way.

Long story short....I thought about the microwave in a split second. I threw everything in the tent I spent an hour digging out a patch to put up. Took my gun, what water I had, headlight, and ran off the mountain to the homestead. 3hrs later (7pm pitch ass winter dark outside with snow falling) I was standing in front of the glow of a magic microwave in my kitchen with a dozen burritos getting done to put in my face.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I mention it because before I did any serious winter camping I did some tests in "the backyard"...its woods enough....-27 below zero tests. I learned some shit about the cold. Better there than in the real shit far from a microwave.

I got some winter stories man...13hr hiking up mouatin stories in 3ft of fresh snow with 70lbs of gear. Snowshoes were necessary. Got to the crater lake at the top of this mountain and couldn't get my stove to fire. Everything frozen solid. My mind was starving and light was fading. another foot of snow was on the way.

Long story short....I thought about the microwave in a split second. I threw everything in the tent I spent an hour digging out a patch to put up. Took my gun, what water I had, headlight, and ran off the mountain to the homestead. 3hrs later (7pm pitch ass winter dark outside with snow falling) I was standing in front of the glow of a magic microwave in my kitchen with a dozen burritos getting done to put in my face.

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Ohh you're an animal :hearty-laugh: I aint doin no winter camping man! Unless its for pussy, I might do it for pussy :hearty-laugh:

Why exactly did you take yo ass up a snow mountain foh??? And where????

I did some overnight shifts at the rail yard in january around -20 because we had to install and test new signals, and the only thing I learned about the cold is that my ass aint tryna be out in it! :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I had 4 days off and I wanted to get away as if I wasn't "away" enough. Honestly, I just wanted to see and say I did it. I had a route planned knowing bad weather was coming but I just wanted a rugged-ass experience with all the cool-ass gear I had at the time. I was going to stay out the whole 4 days.

the next day I had to hike back up and get all my shit. Walk of shame :lol: But it was a 13hrs ordeal...I musta burnt 5000-7000 calories that day getting up there in all the snow with all the gear.

The mountain was Mt Sunapee. Easy ass hike in the summer...winter? .nah..fuckin' hard with all the snow with no tracks and all the ice. It can be pretty easy in the right winter conditions.

https://www.trailsunblazed.com/lake-sol ... nter-hike/

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
When do you set sail? :lol: :lol:

I hope the pussy is worth your impending death.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
did you die??

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

did you die??

Nah, I cancelled the trip, the weather was rainy all weekend wasnt tryna boat out to an island and not even have sun to enjoy it. Dodged a bullet though, the bitch I took was USELESS. We or she would have drowned for sure :hearty-laugh:

Went to some 400 acre property owned by a friend of hers family instead and just ran up the drink count, drove bikes, atv's, fished, all that back woods bullshit.

Board index » Off Topic