Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Is it a haymon thing? Don't tell me it's shitty fights, I never heard this much hate for FNF or WNF.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
shitty fights. and the FNF comparison doesn't work. Different dynamics. PBC is capable of putting on a Garcia-Porter/ Khan-Thurman double header for September if they wanted to. But they don't, instead we get to see Garcia make over a million dollars for a squash matches against Paulie. Thurman/Porter/Khan will probably all be in fights against lower tier opponents as well to close out the year. What id like an explanation for is the defense of the PBC garbage fights, as if you are cheering more for Al Haymon's pockets than you are for actual good fights that are more than capable of being made. You don't want more good fights on PBC??

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I havent really spoken for or against much. But as much as there is the hate, I cant help but believe in Al, not because I like him...I am totally indifferent where he is concerned, but because he's a pretty smart guy, so there has to be a method to his madness. So I'll hold off my indignation for a while.

I also haven't really cared much to tune in to PBC. When they start coming with real fights, I'll go out of my way to tune in.

Al cant really force guys to fight one another either, and I hear a lot of bitchassness from a lot of fighters these days, so I cant put it all on him.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

shitty fights. and the FNF comparison doesn't work. Different dynamics. PBC is capable of putting on a Garcia-Porter/ Khan-Thurman double header for September if they wanted to. But they don't, instead we get to see Garcia make over a million dollars for a squash matches against Paulie. Thurman/Porter/Khan will probably all be in fights against lower tier opponents as well to close out the year. What id like an explanation for is the defense of the PBC garbage fights, as if you are cheering more for Al Haymon's pockets than you are for actual good fights that are more than capable of being made. You don't want more good fights on PBC??

Showcase fights are on Free TV not cable, HBO is putting on bums vs good fighters on a premium cable channel, now that is who we should be mad at. HBO used to be the cream of the crop in boxing now look at them.

Haymon putting on major fighters against over matched fighters on free TV is what he is supposed to do to promote his fighters. He even had commercials for them where the public gets to know them better. Haymon is not supposed to have all of his whole stable go at it on free TV leaving half of them beat down and ruined.

The Super Six Middleweight Tournament destroyed careers man... JT, Abraham, Kessler all suffered in that tournament. Some dudes were too hurt to even complete the tournament.

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." Lou Duva

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I'm with Juse here. Al is taking his time. Introducing these guys, building them in the minds of the new audience tuning in. He's not trying to win over us, he knows we're not going anywhere. And yea, why should he burn out his fighters to cater to us? The more he builds, the more will tune in and the bigger the spectacle when he throws the big names together. Chess not Checkers I guess.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

I'm with Juse here. Al is taking his time. Introducing these guys, building them in the minds of the new audience tuning in. He's not trying to win over us, he knows we're not going anywhere. And yea, why should he burn out his fighters to cater to us? The more he builds, the more will tune in and the bigger the spectacle when he throws the big names together. Chess not Checkers I guess.

The fans want blood no matter the circumstances, that is why you got mu fuckas now getting title shots after having 5 professional fights

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." Lou Duva

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Who the fuck is supposed to pay for that when it's on free tv? It's a different business model than putting something on HBO or SHO.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

Who the fuck is supposed to pay for that when it's on free tv? It's a different business model than putting something on HBO or SHO.

You know the fucked up thing about this is all the old fight fans did nothing but complain about how boxing wasn't on Saturday Mornings anymore like the old days. We begged for this shit for years and now that it's back some of you sorry ass sacks of shit still got something to say about it.

We want Free Boxing just not from Al Haymon because he won't cash out his stable on Free TV?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

so Haymon is working with a FNF budget or Telemundo budget is what you're telling me?? We got Garcia/Peterson and Broner on the opening card. These guys don't require Floyd salaries and im not talking about putting on blockbusters every week. Forget the double header, how about both fights headlining on separate weeks?? still too much?? Hooray Haymon. You motherfuckers sound dumb as bricks talking about cashing out and fighters being put through the ringer casue some people require a Khan/Thurman type of big fight every once in a while. Motherfuckers being brainwashed into cheering terrible match ups because it makes ''business sense.'' Thank god there is UFC.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

if the name of the game is building fighters up, then PBC is in the red. Thurman went from One Time to Sometimes since going on PBC. Stock down. Khan, stock down. Broner, stock down. Guerrero, stock down. Stevenson, nobody gives a shit about him. Garcia, stock neutral. Hey, Berto got the Floyd fight after 1 PBC appearance at least. :happy:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

That is exactly how I feel about it.
People start sounding the worse--me included--when we have to back down from we know we should see vs what we get because "the business" side enters our conversation.
Al has too much power.
He is leaking out some fights but he is also stopping other fights from happening....
and we ain't even talking about the fights not happening outside his stable.
Im finished being frustrated by it....
but I understand its not what is best for boxing.
Its what is best for Al inc. and those in the stable looking for some favor and shelter for as look as they can without having to do the work that is out there to be done.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think it's the disappointment in the new kid on the block, doing the same thing as the old ones. Like when GBP burst onto the scene, claiming they were going "change boxing," and it quickly become apparent they were just the South Pole to Top Rank's North Pole. Same old shit.

PBC, saying fuck you to the premium networks, seemed interesting, yet here they are, putting on the same squash matches the networks they just broke from are doing. Same old shit.

As for the optimism that this is only their establishment period, and it will get better, I don't really believe that. Yes, this is the beginning of PBC, but this is not the beginning of watching Al Haymon's idea of television match ups. He had years on HBO and Showtime, and his match ups were exactly as they are now -- Mostly squash matches, with an occasional pickem. This is who he is. This is not budget constraints, or merely step one for a larger plan. These are the fights he puts on. He's actually great for fighters, getting them paid more than ever, while doing much less. But he's just as bad, if not worst, as the previous promoters for the consumers of the product.

I've been starting to read some things on the internet, that Al is getting a shorter leash from boxing fans, because he's black, like it's some conspiracy. That's bullshit. He's getting no more shit than the Jewish guy (Arum), or the cross-dressing Mexican guy (Oscar), so this is just what happens when you feed people shit. People's bitterness for shit eating sees no colors.

And from a personal stand point, fuck Al Haymon for the tease of getting rid of ESPN Friday Night Fights, but keeping Joe and Teddy. It's still Friday Night Fights, only with a different name. The same old shit.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Marco Antonio Rubio is headlining a PBC card next month.

:free-laughing-smiley-emoticon: :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
PBC ain't shit. Al ain't shit. He is throwing out the same garbage fights that people are always complaining about only on different networks. I don't believe there is some master plan. Al is in the get rich business same way as every other promoter who ever tried their hands in the sport.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

yall beating round the bush... Don King told u why Haymon is being hated... The old way doesnt like seeing a black man with all this power.... The same way Floyd was hated on Haymon is getting it by association. Both said/hinted at pushing black fighters/giving them a bigger podium more like Arum and Oscar do Hispanics... The reasons PBC gets criticized are the same thing Arum and Oscar have done prior... The last PBC card was criticized altho Mora was doing better than expected. yet many of the people bashing that card were pleased with Kovalev vs Ginoboli and all he GGG vs lesser comp cards. People chose sides a long time ago and all this is like a high school popularity contest.... I like fighters on PBC Showtime and HBO. Im not gonna complain about free boxing cuz I missed Tuesday night fights and PBC is filling that void.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Aneed why can't you drop the race thing? No one gives a fuck that Al is black. Don King is black but that man gave us stack cards when he was the boss in boxing. Every boxing fan appreciated Don King. Al is nothing like him except for the lining his pocket.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

aneed123 wrote:
yall beating round the bush... Don King told u why Haymon is being hated... The old way doesnt like seeing a black man with all this power..

The old way doesn't like the new way, no matter what color the new way is.

As for the fans, they give Haymon no more shit than they gave Arum or Oscar.

Don King is wrong.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Aneed why can't you drop the race thing? No one gives a fuck that Al is black. Don King is black but that man gave us stack cards when he was the boss in boxing. Every boxing fan appreciated Don King. Al is nothing like him except for the lining his pocket.

ur dismissal its whats wrong with the world. Instead of listening to my points and having a civil discussion u just blow it off like its no possibility of what Im saying is right. Boxing built off of race. Hayman aint the first to have shitty cards or the last. Miss me with that shit. The cards arent why the venom ois being spread how it is for him yet Arum can say he cant promote black fighters and no one gets mad. Hell 5-6 years ago no one knew who Haymon was. He kept in the background but no according to the boxing world he is the devil? GTFOH. Arum had horribly ppvs Cotto Jennings Chavez jr headlinging cards and no one complained and that shit was on ppv. Folk complaining about free boxing. Shit is hilarious

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

Don King put on the best overall cards top to bottom but he gets treated like shit in comparison to Arum. Oscar tried stealing fighters in the middle of the night with brief cases..... Arum blackballing the Riggys of the world cuz he beat Nonito... buy judges but it dont get amplified to the same level as Haymon and Haymon just getting started.... all that shit is propaganda.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Arum has been a public punching bag for my entire life, and more than ever in the past decade. To claim Arum hasn't gotten criticism is completely false (Nobody complained about his shit cards? EVERYBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS SHIT CARDS). Arum is generally considered one of the sleaziest humans on the planet.

Oscar's reputation has plummeted in the past decade too, mainly because he fulfilled none of his promises for GBP, and turned out to be just like his mentor -- Bob Arum.

Now that Haymon is following in Arum/Oscar's footsteps, giving one shit fight after another, he's getting the same warranted criticism.

To claim Arum and Oscar have gotten less criticism than Haymon is delusional.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

Arum has been a public punching bag for my entire life, and more than ever in the past decade. To claim Arum hasn't gotten criticism is completely false. He's generally considered one of the sleaziest humans on the planet.

Oscar's reputation has plummeted in the past decade too, mainly because he fulfilled none of his promises for GBP, and turned out to be just like his mentor -- Bob Arum.

Now that Haymon is following in Arum/Oscar's footsteps, giving one shit fight after another, he's getting the same warranted criticism.

To claim Arum and Oscar have gotten less criticism than Haymon is delusional.

grub u telling me the hate Haymon is getting this early in his boxing career is comparable to Arum and Oscar... no pimpn its different and its easy to see. We all been on forums for 12-15 years I aint never seen nothing like this.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I wasn't alive when Arum was young in the game, but yes, Oscar got just as much shit, just as early in the game. He was getting all those blind HBO dates, and giving one shit card after another, and people were calling for his head. I know this, because I was one of these people, and I wasn't shouting in silence. People agreed with me.

It's really similar to Haymon, actually, who secured all these blind dates, and can put on whatever fights he chooses, and generally, has chosen lopsided showcase matches.

Last edited by gruberisgod on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

get the fuck outta here Aneed. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

point taken. I just dont get the hate for free boxing.... the shit is free on regular channels.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

get the fuck outta here Aneed. :lol:

u first

Board index » General Boxing Chat