Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Machina vs Gladiator
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:32 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
What a great fight. I wondered after the first knockdown if Lucas had some lasting damage from the orbital fracture which wouldn't be surprising. Molina unloaded those bombs in close catching him completely open. I couldn't understand what kept Molina standing and after a while got saw that the bleeding from behind his ear was from getting hit there. Molina turned his head consistently to one side to deflect the damage. both dudes are packing some major granite, but I don't know for how much longer taking punishment.

Props to both fighters. After the cut I thought Lucas was going to wilt but it didn't happen. This was another fight of attrition. Molina would be game for anyone at 140. For Lucas, he is what he is. He can be outboxed but on any given day he could catch you. Its pretty rare to see a fight this great IMO.

Post subject: Re: Machina vs Gladiator
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Garcia damaged Lucas. He didnt have that Same explosive outburst like he used to have. Molina had a great chin and if he chose to box more he might have had the win. He was stupid to toe to toe.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think Molina did everything he physically could.
TO be fair, Garcia seemed to be more damaged than Lucas.
Lucas got the W with a KO and Garcia got a gift decision.
That is just keeping it honest. Garcia had no business winning that last fight.
Hometown decisions are cool though...both fighters knew what was up.
Herrera even said so.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:17 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
It took Lucas a few rds to really find his groove for some reason, but once he did he was the same old Lucas and destroyed a game opponent. Victory was never in doubt even through a tough beginning. Molina is not on his level. Great entertaining fight that was closer on the cards than it was in reality thanks to a flukey KD and an incorrectly called KD.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Garcia damaged? Lol. Listen man, Fighters are known to put up shifty performance when they choose to fight at home cause of their desire to show off. More times than not it back fires. So I will give Garcia a break this one time. However I wouldn't mind see a rematch with Herrera just so both guys can have their unfinished business.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

That was a barnburner,rematch asap please.

If your undefeated , you didnt fight everyone -Ali

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't think Garcia is damaged and neither is Lucas. Lucas fought through some real odds with the knockdowns and cut. Lucas is looking less defensively sound and it seems to be at the end of exchanges or when they are in close he gets tagged. IT would be a tough rematch for Garcia. Same for Lucas rematching Molina. Maybe done the line somewhere if everyone holds their spot and doesn't wilt over time. Lucas needs to tighten his defense if he is going to last a few more years.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Molina was a get well fight for Lucas, and he did what he had to do. a rematch is pointless and takes Lucas nowhere, and he'd stop Molina earlier without the rough start. id like to see Lucas-Garcia 2 or Lucas maybe get an Alexander rematch after Devon beats Soto K. Or Lucas move up and fight a Porter or One Time, or maybe fight Khan after Khan beats Callazo if Floyd doesn't fight Khan. You take a step back up after winning your get well fight, you don't fight the get well fight again when you're clearly on a different level from the guy you destroyed.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

Molina was a get well fight for Lucas, and he did what he had to do. a rematch is pointless and takes Lucas nowhere, and he'd stop Molina earlier without the rough start. id like to see Lucas-Garcia 2 or Lucas maybe get an Alexander rematch after Devon beats Soto K. Or Lucas move up and fight a Porter or One Time, or maybe fight Khan after Khan beats Callazo if Floyd doesn't fight Khan. You take a step back up after winning your get well fight, you don't fight the get well fight again when you're clearly on a different level from the guy you destroyed.

He only looked clearly above Molina in your eyes brother :lol: Sorry to tell you that. Lucas had a fight of the year with a guy who was KO'd in 1 by DeMarco, who was destroyed by AB :cool: .

Lucas showed excellent stamina, and solid body attack. Molina didn't vary his attack enough, I kept telling Lucas from my couch to throw that left hook, and when he found a home for that it was over. But Lucas aint on that top level. Porter beats him, One Time beats him, him and Khan is a toss up, Maidana destroys him. Him and Ghost would be good. Garcia would batter and hold him again for victory

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
It's amazing how people are shitting on Lucas after last night. Really fucking pathetic.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
It's amazing how people are shitting on Lucas after last night. Really fucking pathetic.

And I think its pathetic that people seem poised to jump back on the Matthysse is unstoppable train when he was knocked down twice by Molina. Suddenly matchups against welters are being brought up. Matthysse will get his shit beaten if he goes up to welterweight.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

who said Lucas is unstoppable?? and who cares about WW match ups being mentioned, WW and JWW is the same fucking thing anyway. Both Lucas and One Time weighed the same last night. Why wouldn't one bring up Lucas vs One Time or Porter or Maidana. Damn good fights.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

who said Lucas is unstoppable?? and who cares about WW match ups being mentioned, WW and JWW is the same fucking thing anyway. Both Lucas and One Time weighed the same last night. Why wouldn't one bring up Lucas vs One Time or Porter or Maidana. Damn good fights.

All 3 fights are toss ups imo.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon: yall are too much. WW and JWW are definitely not the same thing.

As I said, lets see Matthysse move up and do something interesting before we talk about him fighting natural welters.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

All 3 fights are toss ups imo.

Matthysse doesn't beat any of those guys right now.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon: yall are too much. WW and JWW are definitely not the same thing.

As I said, lets see Matthysse move up and do something interesting before we talk about him fighting natural welters.

He'll fuck Porter up.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

He'll fuck Porter up.

Nigga please.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lucas has unlimited options. Schaefer mentioned he would love to see Broner and Lucas. Broner is in a tough spot suspecting what we do about his real skill. He can take this next touch as an eval but rough roads are ahead for Adrien. I think Lucas will step to anyone where I see Broner stepping around.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Id like to see Matthysse Broner.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Really a good fight. Molina is never going to be a great fighter, but he will make for some really solid undercard wars for the next few years. He ultimately got his ass kicked, but still earned himself a future in the sport with that performance.

This fight opened my eyes on Matthyse. After seeing him clearly beaten by Garcia, I was a little perplexed by what I saw. Matthysse was a bigger favorite over Garcia than Floyd was over Red. That's a true story. All 11 boxing writers writers that were poll'd on espn.com had him beating Garcia. After watching this fight I can see the things that led Garcia to beat him. It wasn't a fluke, it was reality, and I understand it better now.

He will never be a legitimate top 10 p4p fighter. I really don't care though. He's a top 30 type fighter with elite conditioning, elite power, and borderline elite will. Matthyse is good for boxing and I look forward to watching him fight in big fights for the next half decade. He reminds me a lot of Maidana. Not so much in style, but in substance. Boxing today is lucky to have them.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Lucas isn't a small guy. He was 157 lbs. last night. And he's only 5'6". He was over 160lbs. when he fought Mike Dallas. Lucas may not beat most welters, but, he's pretty battle proven. But that's not his biggest problem. His biggest problem are some of his bad habits. Last night he was trying to parry Molina's overhand right, and that ended up costing him. I think Molina's height and reached bothered Lucas to a degree. And, I think we need to give Molina credit for having retard strength in that right hand. He may not be polished over even that good, but he definitely punches hard. I think the Demarco fight was an anomaly. He's pretty comfortable I'd say @ 140, and that makes yet another guy @ 140 who can make interesting fights in an already stacked division. As far as Lucas moving up in weight, I have no idea. If he can still make 140 comfortably, I think he should stay there.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

A guy who fights at 140 that balloons up to 150 something, but can be floored by 140 fighters. Ya, I dont think hes gonna handle 147 best that well at all. But he can dominate 140 still when Danny leaves there. He should stay there.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 am 

Cash on hand:

Imo

Lucas will move to 147 and fight one time /porter
. And if he loses which i think he will
Cause his frame is made for 140 plus what jermz said
,he will be one o those guys who openly comes out
Says he is going back down ,that he feels more comfy at 140.

He will go back down and win some and lose some.
Id like to see machine
Vs broner

If your undefeated , you didnt fight everyone -Ali

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Broner is going back down to win a title. Once Danny moves up Broner and Lucas can fight for jr ww supremacy. Lucas can very well ko Broner. I can see a series of fights between those two.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:52 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

NOt too many top easy options at 140 expect for Vargas maybe. Lucas really wants the rematch with Danny and I'd like to see it, but I can't see why GArcia should or would give it to him....What is Herrera up to anyway. He is probably getting frozen out. He looks awkward but legit to give them all problems. Nobody should be running to get a match with the little money that fight would bring with the potential of an L. Whoever gets Molina next will have to be someone fight back to get noticed and not already at the top. The fight with Demarco was an anomaly especially the way it ended. Molina got caught on the ropes (literally) and just hung there with in ass squatting. He needed to take a knee but being swarmed does weird things to do after you are buzzed. I can't see questioning Lucas' chin. First KD was real. Second just off balance and behind the head/ear. Lucas was still throwing fierce hell power right till the end....amazing cardio. Something real is that boxers can't take these type of fights again and again.

140 and 147 is some exciting business right now. LIke Im always saying though...they need to get on with it. They seem to all have to wait for him to decide who he is going to pick before taking their next step.

Board index » General Boxing Chat