Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Supposedly on for December.

What can Spence do, if anything?

It's at 154.

Post subject: Re: Crawford Spence II
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:10 am 

Cash on hand:

Throw in the towel quicker to have good health after boxing.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Throw in the towel quicker to have good health after boxing.

I dont know how much truth there is in him being drained. That's the only hope really. If he can make it to 12 in a competitive fight it would be a sympathetic win because the way the last one was, it's hard to imagine him being about to change enough. His style just looked awful for a fully motivated Crawford.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:01 am 

Cash on hand:

I don't think he will take the rematch first off, but to play devils advocate he'll have a great chance to look better considering the bar he set in the first fight was so low.

Some may say Bud fought a perfect fight and that it would be hard to duplicate. Errol will be sharper since he's not coming off a layoff and he will know better what he's up against to change his strategy. Subtle changes sometimes makes a big difference.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am 

Cash on hand:

There are a couple things Spence can do to make it more competitive, well really its what he HAS to do to not take a similar ass whipping.

He has to stay out the mid-range with Crawford, and out the center of the ring as much. Most of that ass whooping was right in the center in perfect range for TC. Spence needs to apply intense, real pressure keeping TC on the ropes and moving away the whole time. And when he's not doing that, Spence needs to be moving and all the way out himself.

He needs to do some feinting. The main reason I picked TC to obliterate Spence was the predictability. Which is what Team TC said as well. Spence starts EVERYTHING with the jab. Like fuckin everything. Before the nigga takes a shit or makes some cereal he Jabs. He has to feint that MF, vary his attack, and he would have more success.

That's just some of the things i think he could do, but its much easier said than done

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

There are a couple things Spence can do to make it more competitive, well really its what he HAS to do to not take a similar ass whipping.

He has to stay out the mid-range with Crawford, and out the center of the ring as much. Most of that ass whooping was right in the center in perfect range for TC. Spence needs to apply intense, real pressure keeping TC on the ropes and moving away the whole time. And when he's not doing that, Spence needs to be moving and all the way out himself.

He needs to do some feinting. The main reason I picked TC to obliterate Spence was the predictability. Which is what Team TC said as well. Spence starts EVERYTHING with the jab. Like fuckin everything. Before the nigga takes a shit or makes some cereal he Jabs. He has to feint that MF, vary his attack, and he would have more success.

That's just some of the things i think he could do, but its much easier said than done

Agreed. I think he's too old for new tricks and is set in his ways, but ya, we'll see. Intelligent attack isnt his strong suit either, he'll be a sitting duck attacking Crawford the way he does. So he has to go through Crawford mid range to get inside. Would be best to let Crawford come to him and then counter hard when he's inside and more open than when Crawford is going backward and looking for counters. Stands a better chance than working off of that feintless all jab led offense for sure.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

Look Crawford is already able to think and move faster than Spence. That's not going to change for the better for Spence. Believe me, if he has to think more by doing things out of character he's getting lit up moreso. What the ice guy suggested was the strategy last time. It didn't work. Going in I thought Spence needed to make Crawford come to him, though I knew Spence wasn't a great counter puncher, as his best chance as well. I didn't know his defense would be so poor. Everything Crawford tried workied and he didn't go far into his bag, didn't leave 2nd gear.

Spence has too tighten up his defense off of his last experience. Don't walk into the jab. Don't over reach to the body. Be less wide on the left hook and be sharper at anticipating Bud's movement. The preparation has to be better. And in the end he needs to land a well timed punch to hurt Crawford or he's getting steamrolled.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

No that wasn't the strategy last time. I dont even think they had much of a strategy. I'm talking intense Maidana-Floyd 1 or Hagler Hearns intense pressure.

And im talking bout avoiding the center of the ring and moving away from TC when not attacking. So learn to comprehend my friend.

Im not being completely unrealistic like have Spence try to box and counter TC lol that would be ridiculous. Spence could never pull that off effectively. And if he did, it would just be a dull fight until TC eventually caught him anyway.

I do agree he needs to be sharper and work on some things such as the footwork and placement. But it just seems like an uphill battle

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

I think Spence's mystique is all gone and he likely gets KTFO again. And if he continues fighting I think the KO's keep coming for him unfortunately. That was a pretty bad beating he took

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think Spence's mystique is all gone and he likely gets KTFO again. And if he continues fighting I think the KO's keep coming for him unfortunately. That was a pretty bad beating he took

I think this is nonsense. Crawford is a generational talent. Bring Spence back to fighting fighters below this level, and it'll be right back to broken eye sockets.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well it's happening. December.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

Nah son. I think part of what made Spence was that bully, bigger stronger narrative. That reputation. Well now its obvious that jaw can be cracked, Ugas showed us a little bit, when he wobbled Spence. But now, shiiit, MF's know Spence can be KTFO, and his chin aint too sturdy. On top of that, the punishment he took clearly will take away some of his punch resistance as well.

I know how great TC is, I called the fight. So you dont have to tell me, but Spence was hurt and dropped in the 2nd round lol. If that round was longer it could have been over. There's a couple punchers at 154, who are also chinny, but I think Tszyu would probably knock him out at this point.Lets see how he looks in the rematch

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Hopefully he looks better@154.... But I don't think he got beat on the weight difference. Bud seemed to have the stylistic advantage...

I got Bud again

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
I mean, I wouldn't recommend it.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
SPENCE!! :boxer: :smile81:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:43 am 

Cash on hand:

Rematches been money lately.....
Wilder did much better the 3rd fight with fury than the 2nd fight.dam near had him down and out somehow fury got up and we know wat happened.joshua won his rematch with Ruiz and fought much better in his rematch with usyk....
Spence will be much better and stronger at 154

This will definitely be more competitive but I see craw still winning...
Spence legs and chin definitely will be more durable cuz he won't be weight drained.
Whoever says making the weight didn't play a huge factor in the results are kidding themselves or just delusional

Spence wins 3-4 rds this time maybe and makes it 12 rds.
But I wouldn't be surprised if craw takes him out late again he's really dieing to make a statement that last time wasn't a fluke and it was only because of Spence being drained at 147

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:48 am 

Cash on hand:

Crawford has to watch our cuz wen u whip someones ass that badly sometimes u start to feel like a god and get a false sense of security....kind of wat happened after floyd destroyed canelo than struggled with maidana his next fight...
Crawford gotta stay hungry and motivated don't think shit gonna be sweet he gotta keep that same anger and energy from being frozen out.

He gotta clearly win again cuz if it's close or he loses dudes will say he only beat Spence cuz he was drained and he was a bum got Lucky the usual dummy talk from the trolls....
I'm expecting both men to be in the best shape of there lives for this rematch cuz I believe both will be better off at 154 at this point

Crawford said himself at 35 welter was getting very hard to make...
Shit he's been a welter for about 6 yrs now so it's dangerous he could be even stronger and more durable going up 7 pds that's scary.not having to sweat down and boil those last 7 pds gonna help both of them Alot but especially Spence being as he's the naturally bigger ma n

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:56 am 

Cash on hand:

Alot of things fucked Spence over .... being on a 16 month layoff,147 he looked horrible from the jump no legs eyes looked very blank and peaky it clearly took a toll on him making the weight than he thought.
He had no legs no punch resistance everything tc threw got him and hurts him even the jab.
I think he'll be much sharper in the rematch after getting embarrassed I gotta believe he's watching the film of this fight everyday wondering and studying wat he can do better to win

Him and James I'm assuming gonna be living in the film room off that the next few months cuz that was horrible...
Him winning the rematch after such an ass whooping would be some movie type epic shut let's be real....if he came back and actually beat Crawford after this wat would we say about him how would think of Spence???

That's why they lace them up we gotta see wats wat cuz u never know man...
Crawford clearly a huge favorite now but this is wat sports are made of

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Eubank dominated and stopped Liam Smith in their rematch after getting stopped in the 1st fight. Rematches usually end up similar to the original fight. Props to Eubank for flipping the script and props to Spence for wanting to try the same. :smile81:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea he did, props to Eubank. He was trained by Crawford's trainer tho, for the rematch lol so there's that. BoMac should be trainer of the year finally

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
The best trainer in the sport is also the fattest.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

And dumb enough to take a gun to the uk and get a charge trying to bring it back in his luggage. Dumb nigga shit.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

And dumb enough to take a gun to the uk and get a charge trying to bring it back in his luggage. Dumb nigga shit.

No need to wait for the facts to come out?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yall Unites States'ans seem to have the worst record for going to other ppls countries and thinking you shouldnt be subject to their laws. Dude went to the UK with the gun...and had the paper work to do so and didnt do it coming back the other way and put it in his luggage. There is no other fact, he didnt follow THEIR procedure, which is Rule #1 going anywhere, KNOW THE LAWS where you go! What you think the airport police just decided to lie on him??? :rofl:

The fact is he broke the law and he should have not been traveling with a pistol in the first place. Bud need to use his stardom to get Bomac some leniancy at least I hope he can. Bomac retarded ass.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:25 am 

Cash on hand:

Lol dude said facts to come out :lol: you cant bring a gun to the airport in the US, let alone other countries. Its pretty cut and dry, for the most part.

Bud has also had some run ins with the law so we shouldn't be surprised lol. At the end of the day it happens i dont fault Bomac for traveling abroad and being cautious. And with his larger stature he probably isnt best equipped to defend himself, so he had the strap. I feel him. Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Board index » General Boxing Chat