Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:50 am 

Cash on hand:

https://youtube.com/shorts/GdsFNPpESSM? ... ZoNpBbo8kQ

If 140 is really the "safe" route, then drop them belts.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
We'll never know because Shakur blew a winning hand by demanding more than what the commission mandated split is. His loss really. He should have called Haney's bluff and accepted the 25. Then if he wants it, you beat him, and then you can demand the split you want for the rematch.

Now he'll be out settling for other fights and the question will remain unanswered. Aint no such thing as you ducking somebody when you send them 2 contracts.

Nothing in this video says anything more than Haney admitting that Stevenson had/has the better pedigree and has always been seen that way, which is exactly how all of us have seen it. Nothing New, and nothing in there about ducking.

Bill Haney talks too much though, Devin need to shut his ass up.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:59 am 

Cash on hand:

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Give me a break already

Like Broner told Ellerbe, "Shut that soft shit up"

There's been a pair of bad contracts sent out in boxing before. Not that this was the case this time, but why can't that be possible? Like I said before, Shakur never rejected the fight. He only petitioned for a higher split and why wouldn't he? Because Devin got fucked twice, even in the rematch?

Devin didn't let it play out because he was a given a choice to move up to 140 and fight Prograis and he ran like his dad said he would in this video when the heat came. :hearty-laugh:

Shakur been schooling Devin in sparring his since they were teens. The Haney's are not stupid enough to fight him and put that precious 0 on the line. Shakur is young, his time will come and Devin may end up having Thurman like karma and be begging for a payday once the smoke settles. Haney wouldn't want a rematch either just like he don't want to run it back with Loma. He aint built like that.

Has he even signed the contract with Regis yet or is he still pump faking?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

rj wrote:

Give me a break already

Like Broner told Ellerbe, "Shut that soft shit up"

There's been a pair of bad contracts sent out in boxing before. Not that this was the case this time, but why can't that be possible? Like I said before, Shakur never rejected the fight. He only petitioned for a higher split and why wouldn't he? Because Devin got fucked twice, even in the rematch?

Devin didn't let it play out because he was a given a choice to move up to 140 and fight Prograis and he ran like his dad said he would in this video when the heat came. :hearty-laugh:

Shakur been schooling Devin in sparring his since they were teens. The Haney's are not stupid enough to fight him and put that precious 0 on the line. Shakur is young, his time will come and Devin may end up having Thurman like karma and be begging for a payday once the smoke settles. Haney wouldn't want a rematch either just like he don't want to run it back with Loma. He aint built like that.

Has he even signed the contract with Regis yet or is he still pump faking?

None of anything you said makes Shakur worthy of a better split, nor makes it that Haney was automatically not trying to make that fight. AGain. Shakur shot himself in the foot not calling Haney's bluff because of some silly desire to make more, when he has 10+ more years to make more money after potentially beating Haney.

You have an Anti Haney Agenda at this point, i'm a Prograis guy, but he was chirping because I contract didnt get signed when Haney's camp and the promoter are trying to iron out site a date details. You just wanna call Haney a ducker in any direction now and any will do man :hearty-laugh: no matter how false. Why would Haney let that fight happen on the same night as Fury's fight?

Maybe you need to play Fanager more, so you'll come to more sensible positions on some things.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:31 am 

Cash on hand:

Well the WBC just ordered Shakur and Frank Martin to fight for their belt. So he may want to start focusing his energy there. Unless Frank "too hot" for him lol pause.

I will say the twitter exchanges between these two are "heating up" and kinda corny at the same time. Especially if they ain't nowhere near fighting. Shak said him and his father some bitch ass niggas, Devin said Shak momma a bitch, we can fight outside. Shak said he gon smack him when he see him, its onsite, all type of shit.

That whole video leaking shit is gay tho, Shak claims it wasnt his doing and he didn't tell his homie with him to do that. IDK fam :eusa_think: either way hopefully they can make this happen one day. I got love for both, Devin from the bay and Shakur is my Puerto rican brother.

Frank martin and Regis aint slouches so they better be prepared if it go that route

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:33 am 

Cash on hand:

Prime Teo fucks both them up tho :lol: :smile81: :smile81:

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:54 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Regis ain't all that IMO, solid guy nothing more nothing less but I definitely like Martin though I wish he threw more punches with the speed and power he has. Really hope Shakur-Martin happens cause Shakurs career is honestly kind of stale at this point. As far as I see Haney/Prograis seems to be official and that's a legit fight for his intro to 140.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Frank Martin aint a joke for sure. That's a good fight to make.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:46 am 

Cash on hand:

I fuck with Haney and Shakur. I'm just telling the truth on who don't want the fight. If it was the other way around, I'll say the same. I really don't care about the split and the negotiations, that's for them to decide.

Shakur will be avoided like the plague. There's no more big Mexican/ Latino fighters for him to build a fan base off of to become popular. Teo will move up when Shakur moves up just like Devin. Nobody is beating this kid. Martin would be lucky to win 2 rounds.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Shakur will be avoided like the plague.

And he'd be the 2000th boxer to be given this designation. And who knows, maybe even the first where its actually true.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Teo aint worried bout Shak like that. I wanna see hiw eager he is to fight a Frank Martin type. Lets see if he as willing to take those kinda chances he wants others to, i mean as far as risk reward.

Shak-Haney sparred and its a legendary sparring video. Shakur was not whipping him or anything. If anything Shak was a bit more precise and efficient with his punches and Haney threw more, pressed the issue more and landed the best overall punch of the session, that left hook towards the end of one of the rounds.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Icecold323 wrote:
Teo aint worried bout Shak like that. I wanna see hiw eager he is to fight a Frank Martin type. Lets see if he as willing to take those kinda chances he wants others to, i mean as far as risk reward.

Shak-Haney sparred and its a legendary sparring video. Shakur was not whipping him or anything. If anything Shak was a bit more precise and efficient with his punches and Haney threw more, pressed the issue more and landed the best overall punch of the session, that left hook towards the end of one of the rounds.

They make it sound like there is 1 or 2 more sparring sessions where Shakur whupped him.

But honestly Shakur talking about sparring even back then was bitch shit. I find him annoying and corny. Both of them in fact. Too much fuckin talking. Like just go fight martin, and let Haney go handle his business, yall gonna end up fighting eventually. All kind of other trash to take out right now for the two premier guys to be fighting already when neither one has enough heat behind em.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

You think Shakur won't fight Martin? You sleeping on the kid too. Teo isn't in Shakur's sights yet either, and he'd fight him one day, but by making Shakur come up to his weight. Besides, Teo last claimed to want the winner of Crawford vs Spence so let's see him go after Bud now. The battle of 2 time undisputed champions, how about it?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Just because there is only one segment of one sparring session that's on video, it doesn't mean that's the only time they sparred. Listen to Bill and you'll know. I mean he is Haney's Father.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Give it a rest man, lol. Aint nobody here sleeping on Stevenson, there are threads of us bigging the kid up. We know how good he is. We're just not into all this shit where he gets all he wants RIGHT NOW, when there are good matchups for him to take now to further prove himself. Frank aint a push over, fighters get lucky sometimes. Nobody here gonna pick Frank over him though.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:56 am 

Cash on hand:

There's no money in Haney vs Shakur now. That 25% wouldn't be worth the work. He'd probably make as much fighting a bum. Them going their separate routes have never been an issue for me. It's all this capping the Haney's been doing when they know they don't want the fight is all I'm saying. It is what it is. He can't take the heat yet he has the leverage. I'm not campaigning for that fight to happen. It would be a boring fight and that's coming from a guy who loved watching Bernard Hopkins. I'd rather see Tank vs Shakur and Haney vs Teo. Them some fights thats been simmering and should have happened already.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

There's no money in Haney vs Shakur now. That 25% wouldn't be worth the work. He'd probably make as much fighting a bum. Them going their separate routes have never been an issue for me. It's all this capping the Haney's been doing when they know they don't want the fight is all I'm saying. It is what it is. He can't take the heat yet he has the leverage. I'm not campaigning for that fight to happen. It would be a boring fight and that's coming from a guy who loved watching Bernard Hopkins. I'd rather see Tank vs Shakur and Haney vs Teo. Them some fights thats been simmering and should have happened already.

That argument goes both ways though. It's not worth the work for Haney either, so why are you judging him for trying to get the most out of it, while you cheer for Shakur to do the same?

Yes, the fight needs to simmer to make sense. But again, Haney hasnt done anymore ducking in trying to get the largest split he can get...by rule than Shakur has done any ducking in declining said split.

Ive had no desire to see them fight yet. Much like Spence Crawford, I want both Men to take out the trash and build what would be the next superfight. Because these 2 as far back as Ive been talking about it...beat the field.

Except Tank, Tank might flat line em both. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 am 

Cash on hand:

Yea let's take it easy on assuming both guys get through everyone else unscathed. Loma arguably beat Haney and Tank beats all of them IMO. Shakur is nice but still untested. His best win is a smaller Valdez who just got fucked up and dominated even more so by Navarrete.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Tank hasn't done shit in boxing but avoid real fights. He's the only one that have selling power and who can fight whoever he chooses yet he goes the easiest route. He could've been fought Loma and Teo. Shakur smokes him and I'd favor Devin over him too. I'd bet more that he never fights either unless they lose first.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:05 am 

Cash on hand:

Yea let's take it easy on assuming both guys get through everyone else unscathed. Loma arguably beat Haney and Tank beats all of them IMO. Shakur is nice but still untested. His best win is a smaller Valdez who just got fucked up and dominated even more so by Navarrete.

I definitely can see Haney losing. There's nobody out there hanging with Shakur. This guy is too dedicated. Training and sparring with Crawford will keep him ready for any lightweight.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I think Haney is cool with the Shakur fight....

But I don't think he's cool with giving Shakur breaks he didn't receive.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think Haney is cool with the Shakur fight....

But I don't think he's cool with giving Shakur breaks he didn't receive.

:thumbup:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

I definitely can see Haney losing. There's nobody out there hanging with Shakur. This guy is too dedicated. Training and sparring with Crawford will keep him ready for any lightweight.

Dedicated lol the same dude catching cases outside the ring and not making weights for fights. "Dedicated " :kopfpatsch: I like Shakur but he seems stupid to me. Like he would overlook somebody or get caught up in some dumb shit.

And yea you can kick it around the greats but it dont make you great. Plenty exmaples of that. All the TMT fighters and Ryan Garcia for example.

Plus he wants to kick it around everybody. Like Tank said, all buddy buddy wanting to take pictures in the locker room with Tank. Then go on the internet and talk shit. So IDK sometimes with Shak. Call out Haney incessantly yet turn down a contract for all the belts. Regardless of how much money. Then cry to the WBC. So he got Frank now lets see some energy that direction unless TR and PBC cant make it happen

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea as far as boxing, he's a gym rat. I respect his craft that's all. I don't follow these niggas or care too much about any other aspect of athletes period. Most of them not smart anyways and he's from an era that moves suspect all the time to me.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Oh his craft is amazing, top notch. That radar like ability to be close to an opponent but far away at the same time. The way he can avoid punches with just the slightest bit of effort and stay right in position where he needs to be is amazing to see.

Board index » General Boxing Chat