Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: GGG-Murata
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

40 year old drama show on tonight.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post subject: Re: GGG-Murata
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Isn't this next weekend??

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Isn't this next weekend??

Yes. The start of a pretty good stretch too

April 9: Saitama, Japan (DAZN) -- Title fight: Gennadiy Golovkin vs. Ryota Murata, 12 rounds, for Golovkin's IBF middleweight title and Murata's WBA "super" middleweight title

April 16: Arlington, Texas (Showtime PPV) -- Title fight: Errol Spence Jr. vs. Yordenis Ugas, for Spences' WBC and IBF welterweight titles and Ugas' WBA "super" welterweight title

April 23: London, England (ESPN+ PPV) -- Title fight: Tyson Fury vs. Dillian Whyte, 12 rounds, for Fury's WBC heavyweight title

April 30: Las Vegas (ESPN/ESPN+) -- Title fight: Shakur Stevenson vs. Oscar Valdez, 12 rounds, for Stevenson's WBO junior lightweight title, and Valdez's WBC junior lightweight title

April 30: New York (DAZN) -- Title fight: Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano, 10 rounds, for Taylor's WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF lightweight titles

May 7: Las Vegas (DAZN) -- Title fight: Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol, 12 rounds, for Bivol's WBA light heavyweight title

May 14: TBD (Showtime) -- Title fight: Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano, 12 rounds, for Charlo's WBC, IBF and WBA junior middleweight titles and Castano's WBO junior middleweight title

May 28: New York (Showtime) -- Title fight: Gervonta Davis vs. Rolando Romero, 12 rounds, for Davis' WBA "regular" lightweight title

June 4: Melbourne (ESPN) -- Title fight: George Kambosos vs. Devin Haney, 12 rounds, for the undisputed lightweight title

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:57 am 

Cash on hand:

Hell yea. That's a stacked schedule. Unfortunately there's a UFC PPV next weekend and on May 7. But yea man. Shit finna be crazy starting next weekend.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:56 am 

Cash on hand:

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ghest-test

Bum ass ESPN has the fight being this weekend and still hasn't corrected it :lol: :lol: :kopfpatsch:

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:57 am 

Cash on hand:

https://www.espn.com/boxing/

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

UFC next weekend is perfect because I dont care much for GGG old out cashin ass anyway.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

I mean yea, I definitely would've watched, but not over a super stacked UFC PPV. And the one boxing I really wanna see next weekend is the Lubin-Fundora fight. Which works out perfect cause it'll come on at 1 am on Showtime West which is pretty much right after the UFC PPV.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

GGG is must see TV. Especially at this age. His skills and power need to be appreciated while he's still around. Its a shame we probably will never get him and Charlo or some of these other guys. But that's the politics sometimes. If charlo really wanted it he need to pull up to these fights. Like tarver did Roy.

But anyway GGG is much more relevant than other supposed "stacked" UFC card. Who's even fighting?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

That card sucks lol :lol: old ass Korean Zombie in the main event :eusa_snooty: :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon: :oops: that shit is trash. Then it just looks like a bunch of foreigners and that new dude they hyping.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dude is 35 years old and one of the most entertaining and respected fighters in ufc history. Have some damn respect. This ain't gonna delve into some lame ufc vs boxing argument lol. Great ufc card, and great boxing next weekend. I just saw Ryan Garcia is also on DAZN next weekend. So UFC, GGG, Garcia, and the Showtime double header with Lubin-Fundora. Whatever your drug of choice shit gonna be fantastic. I'll leave work early and be in front of the TV by 8:30 to about 2:30 am having a fantastic time. :smile81:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dude is 35 years old and one of the most entertaining and respected fighters in ufc history. Have some damn respect. This ain't gonna delve into some lame ufc vs boxing argument lol. Great ufc card, and great boxing next weekend. I just saw Ryan Garcia is also on DAZN next weekend. So UFC, GGG, Garcia, and the Showtime double header with Lubin-Fundora. Whatever your drug of choice shit gonna be fantastic. I'll leave work early and be in front of the TV by 8:30 to about 2:30 am having a fantastic time. :smile81:

Lol i know. Im just disappointed there's really no superstars in the sport. DC gone, the Diaz's are pretty much threw, Jon jones is a fraud without roids. Usman is really the top dawg and only fighter worth a dam to a casual UFC fan like me lol

But Korean zombie has never one the belt, and probably aint gonna start now. For him to be in a PPV main event is a sad state of UFC affairs

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Zombie finna shock the world. :P

Holloway was the original opponent but was forced out cause of injury.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

And the ESPN misinformation is still up. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

This would be like, Big Country headlining a PPV lol.

You have to admit, right now, Boxing has way more big time talent and big names. Usman and Ngannou, want fights with Canelo, Fury and even Jake Paul. They have no big fights to look forward to.

Im just gld we can put that Boxing is dead narrative to bed.

With stars like Tank, Loma, Inoue, Spence, Crawford, Canelo, Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Wilder, Ryan Garcia, Teo, Shakur, Haney, Charlos, Xander, Berlanga, Benavidez, Beterbiev, Bivol, Irish Joe Smith the Execution Killer, GGG, the list goes on and on.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

Damn, Big Country?? Idk why you being so disrespectful. :eusa_snooty: :rofl:

Zombie is 10x the fighter that fat scrub ever was. Come on man.

But yea boxing is certainly enjoying an upswing and I couldn't be happier. Lots of great shit coming up whether you're a UFC or boxing fanatic. Or both if you're like me. :smile81:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:02 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I love all the shit man. I'm not a snob. And I'm greedy. I want all I can get. I'm a double screen nigga.

Ive just seen enough of GGG man. I mean I'll still watch in case Murata knocks his ass out.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:11 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
I'm hype for that Valdez-Stevenson fight.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:29 am 

Cash on hand:

That one is gonna be good. Valdez gonna bring everything he got but it may not be enough

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Man, I hate Kevin Iole. He completely shit on GGG post fight. Dude is a dick.

I thought GGG looked fine. Only thing is he seemed to be kind of winded early on but other than that he was fine.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

He looked 40. And he had a walking punching bag coming to him to even look as decent as he did.

I would much rather see him vs Charlo, let him unify. A fight with Canelo makes absolutely no sense other than financial which is unfortunately the biggest factor. But I expect many to not be as excited. Plus GGG will be fighting at 168 or 170 or some shit.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

He looked 40. And he had a walking punching bag coming to him to even look as decent as he did.

I would much rather see him vs Charlo, let him unify. A fight with Canelo makes absolutely no sense other than financial which is unfortunately the biggest factor. But I expect many to not be as excited. Plus GGG will be fighting at 168 or 170 or some shit.

welcome to the club now man, finally. Thats why I never wanted the fight. Canelo is bigger and better now. GGG is merely older. The conclusion is foregone. But see I dont blame GGG hes getting the money available to him. I blame Canelo for wasting our time with that fight. Respects hes fighting Bivol. But i wont be watching the GGG fight.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

GGG won but he looks old man....
He was clearly getting hurt to the body taking alot of deep breaths,muratas punches were clearly bothering him...canelo would decisively beat him now,but maybe he could surprise and he has one more elite fight in him u never know with these proud hofers

Shit we all thought donaire and roman Gonzalez was done but they came back strong...
Maybe ggg will always be a bad matchup for caneloeither way fuck it man let ggg fight 2 more times see canelo and maybe charlo and cash out and retire a rich man set for life and he'll be in the HOF soon as he's eligible

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

nah Moe. Youre wrong...you aint seeing it clearly. Maybe you jus paying too much respect. Give me one example of an old fighter avenging a loss against a young elite fighter???? It simply doesnt happen to my recollection. Not with elite fighters. The closest I can think of was Hop over Pascal...but Pascal was never really elite and the first fight should have been given to Hop anyway...I was there.

A rematch is simply a waste of our time. I dont hate GGG go get the most paper. But its shameful that Canelo wants to subject us to this. It would be like if Floyd rematched Oscar after it was clear that Oscar was less than he was. And Floyd woulda been fried for taking that rather than a real fight. But nobody bats an eye lash at Canelo doing it. I guess because we get Bivol in the process. But I hope the GGG fight does shit numbers.

Board index » General Boxing Chat