Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Taylor vs Catterall
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Thoughts from those that watched it?

I feel like it was close, and the compubox wasnt %100 accurate.

I think Taylor was impacted greatly by the pressure of being at home early. He seemed way too tight and over-agressive. He settled in, and stopped allowing that left from landing on him from round 6 on.

Catterall looked good, very fast, and sharp. But he held way too fucking much for my liking. Taylor did allow him to get away with it too much but the ref should have been pressing them to fight out of that shit instead of constantly intervening.

I think Catterall won but I am not particularly upset with the decision.

Post subject: Re: Taylor vs Catterall
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:19 am 

Cash on hand:

I thought it either bhad to be a draw or a Taylor win...
This clearly wasn't the Taylor that beat Ramirez and prograis...its clearly time for him to go to 147 he can no longer make 140 he looked like a ghost on Friday at the weigh in

He's a legit 5'10 he's turning 32 soon so it's that's time man

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Taylor lost. At the end of the day there were no highlight punches from Taylor, just from Catrell. He dropped him and ouboxed him period. Taylor got a gift decision. All he landed was body punches and most of them were to the back. Josh fought a streetfight, real dirty, and got outboxed with clean punches. He'll never beat Crawford. That's another knockout coming.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:45 am 

Cash on hand:

I was telling people this dude is very beatable. He got close calls against Ramirez and Prograis. Teofimo can beat him. I wanna see it.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 am 

Cash on hand:

Close call against Ramirez?? Bro he dominated him he dropped him twice and beat the piss out of him :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

He dominated that overhyped clown prograis to please...
Look man Taylor and Colbert had bad nights it happens.
Teo had a bad night against kambosos Loma had a bad night against teo

Let's stop writing dudes off based on a loss or a subpar performance....look man at 147 Taylor will make weight alot easier it'll be a whole different ball game he clearly was weight drained and overlooked this guy today but that won't happen for him against anyone at 147 he'll bring his best and be hungry and motivated

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:32 am 

Cash on hand:

They took a long time with the cards. Being weight drained doesn't advocate a robbery. Only thing Josh won was a wrestling match. He couldn't land consistently all night and was getting tagged clearly. Good thing the Brits aren't co-signing this bogus victory. Referee was trash.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:02 am 

Cash on hand:

I haven't seen someone get away with that much fouling ever in a boxing fight and this is from a Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward fan. This fight was opposite of JT vs Hopkins though. Jermaine got dropped couldn't land clean against the weight drained undisputed champ but still got the nod. Boxing politics.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Moe thinks a 114-112 fight is a dominant performance :lol: :lol:. Taylor dominated Ramirez and Prograis just like Keef dominated Porter lol

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
He definitely didnt dominate Prograis, that fight should have had a run back. But Taylor been trying to leave 140. I didnt see the fight on saturday, but I believe yall when yall say he shoulda lost. He's dried out at 140, dude is 31 and 5'10", and fought at this weight class all his career, he is obviously struggling to make weight, and it finally showed in the ring. Lopez will have to fight him at 147 if he wants the work. But Taylors ass is kicked at 147 against the big dogs.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

I think its a disservice to Catterall. He was undefeated too. Can't just blame the weight. He has only had 18 fights so its not like he has had a lengthy career and plenty guys fight their whole careers at one weight.

To me, Taylor is a good fighter but simply not a P4P or very elite fighter.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think its a disservice to Catterall. He was undefeated too. Can't just blame the weight. He has only had 18 fights so its not like he has had a lengthy career and plenty guys fight their whole careers at one weight.

To me, Taylor is a good fighter but simply not a P4P or very elite fighter.

Yeah, I'll take that too. It's not all on the weight. Ive never said Taylor was a world beater, and I remember scoring that Prograis fight a draw. I see Taylor as a little better than you say he is. As I said before, good enough along with his size to beat Lopez lol, but he definitely aint good enough to beat any of the big players at WW on a move up. Spence, Crawford, Boots, Ugas, Ortiz, Benn all beat him. Im not even sure he beats Thurman or Brook.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Taylor will beat ugas and brook at 147 for sure u crazy jermz...ugas ain't no world beater either remember hes old dudes 35

He barely beat a 42 yr old PAC he won ur didn't do anything special in that fight...
Right now at this point I'd love to see him against any ww and see how he does he could just as easily beat these dudes as he could lose to them

I'd love to see Hus first fight at 147 be against brook or danny cuz I'm pretty sure he beats both handily...
Would love to see him against Ennis and keef to

Ennis never been in the ring with anyone on his level so please dont say he dominates Taylor cuz we dont know this...

Fight was close cus Taylor was weight drained thats it....no need for a rematch at 147 for catterall its on to bigger and better things

Start off with brook or danny at ww than he could try His luck against Spence,bud or keef

No need to waste His time on dudes like ugas that bring no money to the table

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ortiz and benn are green man they ain't beating Taylor.... Dont get shit fucked up my man Taylor had a bad weight drained night dont get it twisted

He dominated prograis and Ramirez dropped them,embarrassed them....
If benn or brook get balls and wanna see Taylor at ww let's make it happen and Taylor will whip that ass

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:28 am 

Cash on hand:

Stay away from Crawford, Spence and any welterweight with a high IQ. There's levels to this and Taylor has never looked overly impressive anyways. He's just been slightly better than some decent fighters, probably because of his size. Nothing too special though. Boots will definitely beats him now and as long as he doesn't fight him at home.

2 weeks ago, Josh was boasting that he was making weight so comfortably that he could fight his entire career at 140. This is an overhyped weight excuse being used. Taylor had more energy down the stretch against the less experienced challenger. Catterel was gassed after 7 and holding for dear life. Josh just fought dumb from Round 1 and didn't make adjustments to the simple 1 2 he was eating all night. He stayed aggressive and took as many cheap shots as possible, but you can't win without landing enough clean punches.

Fighting other Brits is the best route for Taylor before he get further exposed at 147, the way better and more dangerous division. Might as well get that easier money.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont think its an overhyped excuse, he wouldnt be the first fighter to be weight drained but say going in how he's in the best shape of his life. What else was he supposed to do, expose that he was weight drained and give that info to his opp??? The truth will be in whether or not he moves up or not because there are killers up at 147, and it would be better for him to stay at 140 and feast if his body can stand it than move up and get B DUP.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

I think it's plenty of guys he can beat at 147 man....
Ortiz and Ennis beatable they are unproven... obviously I jink Ennis beats him but it would be his career best win and toughest fight by far

I think he could beat Ortiz...
Dude just got power but thats it,it's no real techniques and skill to his game he can for sure be outboxed if Taylor could take his power which I think he could

And there are the brook and keef fights at 147....
Ya all saying brook and keef pas it so Taylor could beat those dudes and he's much younger and fresher than them at this point

Benn is beatable green and unproven to..
Both garcias I think it's plenty of winnable fights for Taylor @ww

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It didnt seem to me like someone who was weight-drained. I saw a guy who has regressed from the Prograis fight. Not as dynamic as he was against Ramirez.

I am hearing via a boxing podcast that his trainer might suck. Same guy training Joshua maybe? And then I saw a youtube clip of Taylor's old trainer, basically saying his trainer now and gameplans are asscheeks and go away from his strengths.

That is what I see. Poor training and direction. He is not improving.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think Taylor vs Lopez is a downright spectacular fight. I would love to see it happen next.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:57 am 

Cash on hand:

Look man he literally beat Ramirez his last fight with the same trainer ...so all this talking is crazy man
Look its obvious hes done at 140 that's it plain and simple...

Look wat Taylor supposed to say I was weight drained?? Look man its time to see wat he does at ww its that time hes 30 now hes been making this weight his whole career

Time to dip his toe in there at 147 start off with benn or brook....if teofimo really wants it than are Taylor at 247 it doesn't have to be for a belt there names we'll get them both a couple million against each other

Its no need or Point for Taylor to sweat down to 140 for teo wen he can make mor money against benn,brook or keef @147

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:55 am 

Cash on hand:

He definitely didn't look drained and had more energy than his opponent anyways. Time will tell on Taylor.

The story was Crawford though. That's why the WBO elevated Josh to super champion so he can move up and become his mandatory. Y'all know he gets knocked out if he takes it. There's no belts at 147 that he can take now with Crawford and Spence and in the future with Boots. We've seen the height of his career already. Like Brook and Khan, the Brit won't sustain his status at the elite level. To step up to a tougher division with bigger guys won't go well for Josh. Good luck to his supporters.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

If Taylor dont rematch Catterall after that bullshit decision where one of the judges is now actively under review for his rotten ass scorecard, Taylor is a bitch.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

The circumstances and everything about this fight reminded me of Teo-Kambosos.

Fight was delayed a few times, Taylor had Covid, like Teo did. Some unknown random undefeated guy comes along, and maybe Taylor looked past him like Teo did Kambosos. Difference is Kambosos was a clear winner while maybe Catterall could have deserved the win but he didn't fight like the challenger. I thought the fight was close, either way type fight.

Catterall was holding and just leaving room for Taylor to come forward and maybe take rounds. I thought he should have fought with more initiative

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I woulda said the same thing to Teo if Teo was awarded the win over Kam. Great fighters gotta run it back when everyome say they lost but a crooked judge or just a very very close decision says otherwise. But ya the covid mightbhave been a factor still...it is covid.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Taylor don't gotta run back shit....
He didn't clearly lose many ppl say it was a draw or a close win either way so this dude doesn't deserve a rematch

Taylor has better things to do at 147...
He could see brook or keef and make more money than a catterall rematch....look teo and Taylor got got that's it they stayed 1 fight to long at the weight wen it was time to move up and they paid the price with a loss

It be like that sometimes....
Taylor is onto 147 and teo is onto 140 and let's see wat happens....bigger fish to fry and it's more money to make against other guys

Rematches with Kam and catty are a waste of time

Board index » General Boxing Chat