Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:28 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
What a helluva prize fighter and doesn’t seem to get much recognition. The Body Snatcher, could have you eating out of a straw with his body work, had an iron chin, and had a good motor always moving forward. And, if I recall, was an older dude.

I was watching a couple fights on YouTube and was reminded that he was a bad ass. What a good match up against Julian Jackson. Jackson is one of the hardest punches in boxing and he came out throwing fast balls with bad intentions. Mccallum ate em and was fighting back landing some solid, solid body punches. Mccallum gets after him and stops him in the 2nd round.

My dad and I were fans of Donald Curry who was highly regarded at the time. Curry tee’d up his chin and Mccallum obliges him by knocking him out cold. The lights were on, but, nobody was home.

I also watched him against a Kronk fighter, Milton Mccrory. It’s a real nice scrap with Mccallum getting the stoppage. At some point, they were really scrapping going toe to toe, Mccrory was beaten, but, proving he was game. This fucking announcer, Alex Wallau (I always hated that guy for some reason I don’t even remember now lol) pointed out the Leonard Hearns fight, which I believe he said happened the week before, was a class above these guys. Or something like that. I’m not sure what he saw with his eyes, but, my eyes tell me Mccallum stacks up with the Hearn, Leonard, Hager, Durans.

I don’t recall the reason, but, it’s unfortunate Mccallum did not get a chance to prove his self against those guys. They were all around the same weight I believe and Mccallum would not be a pushover against any of them. I believe he would lose a tough one to Hagler in a great great fight, but, would take the other guys.

Mccallum had some other good fights as well. He gave James Toney a real good scrap and this joker was like 40 something years old or something like that. Seems like I remember they did not know how old he was lol.

Check you out some Body Snatcher. A real solid prize fighter.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

one on my all time favorite. damn shame Ray Hearn Duran etc... never fought him cuz he woulda won

Board index » General Boxing Chat