Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... ining/amp/

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I never doubted it. Between this and the atlanta loss to todorov, probably made him maniacal in round the year preparedness. That said, out of shape fighters usually get their asses whupped by fighters who are at the end of training cycles and ready to fight an upcoming fight, Floyd is really no different. Not to mention a 13-0 Floyd.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

i always kind of doubted it, or at least thought Spaddy did well but his success was exaggerated.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Im wondering what the motive was is for someone digging this up and making an article. I remember when it was brought up in the past, it was always by the most unhinged of Floyd haters who wanted to paint the narrative that Floyd was less than he was and wouldn't fight any real competition. He's a southpaw to boot.

The only time period that it seems reasonable that they could fight each other was 2002-2005, as both men campaigned at the same weight during this time and both had a strap. During that time Floyd fought JLC twice, Sosa, Ndou, Corley, Bruseles and Gatti, while he stayed calling out Mosley and De La Hoya. So his mind was on moving up.

During that time Spady fought Manfredy, Pedersen, Dorin, Galvan,and Campos. Then didnt fight in 2005. Why? Because between 2003 and 2004 he has a litany of criminal events that finally caught up to him and put him behind bars, highlighted by his shooting of his pregnant girlfriend in the chest, drug and alcohol DUI's, driving into a parked police car. The worst of those offenses never went where it obviously should have because he got engaged with broad after and she refused to testify against him, so it got knocked down to a lesser charge.

Fact is, Floyd - Spadafora coulda happened and probably would have happened anytime during Floyds lightweight campaign, but didnt because Spadafora was an active and significant breaker of laws during said time, but as per the usual, Floyd got the blame from the haters.

Spadafora was a coke sniffing, drink soaked, idiot, with anger and impulse control issues, who ruined his own career, and missed out on an opportunity to take Floyds L, or been another solid W on Floyds resume. His actions robbed the fans.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

And after just watching the sparring session, I think there's artistic license at work here. Spadaforas guy made it seem like Floyd was begging him to stop the session and that he was talkin all kinda shit like oh this ass whuppin for u and yo daddy talkin all yo shit... theres no evidence that this ever happened. They gave the time signal at the end of a planned 6, and Floyd clearly hit the wall in the 6th round, having fought hard every round against a champ at the end of a fight camp. It wasn't some wildly one sided session where he was busted up and all that shit dude was talking.

Another note, Floyd also wasnt 13-0, he was 22-0, the timeline in the story doesnt match. This sparring session was december 1999, after Floyd fought 4 times in the last 12 month period before that and had essentially been taking a break since september. So its not outside the realm that this was Floyd just getting back into the gym again before he was gonna fight 3 months later in march, sparring an active and defending champ who was at his absolute peak, about a week outside of an IBF title defense. It's also not outside the realm that they welcomed this sparring session knowing Floyd wasn't fresh and likely wouldn't do anything to endanger champ before his fight.

Then after this, they went around talking shit about the session, and sent out the tape to promoters to talk shit. I aint ever heard of Floyd recording a session of sparring and sending it anywhere, much less talking about sparring at all, whether he got the best of a guy or not outside of him simply saying "It was good tough sparring", but its Floyd and his daddy who are the cocky assholes???

These muthafuckas talkin about practice.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 am 

Cash on hand:

That shit was bullshit lol Floyd was clearly fuckin around. He was looking like emmanuel burton in the early rounds :lol:

This story was exaggerated like a MF.

Floyd was fuckin around early, then got tired. But Spadafora wasn't just serving him. In a real fight Floyd would never do that shit. And i think he would've stopped Paul. Non-story.

Maybe floyd laying out afterward is what really made it bad, cause that wasn't the best look. But smart people know. People just hate Floyd or he's so great MF's make shit up

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

yea it is indeed interesting as to why this was all of a sudden rehashed and put out.

Board index » General Boxing Chat