Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Will he become undisputed or not? I mean damn, how long is Strap Season? :hearty-laugh:

He can't fight Ugas or whoever ends up WBA champion for atleast a year. He doesn't appear to want the Crawford fight all that much. Jaron Boots is now his mandatory for one belt and Vergil Ortiz is his other mandatory. He's fought only once in over 2 years with a car injury and a retina tear, but he claims to not want any tuneups and only 2 more fights at 147.

This guy should have taken the Crawford fight 3 years ago. All this maneuvering and trying to milk the PBC side of the street didn't work. When he moves up Castana is waiting too and there's no reason to even be talking Canelo.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Ive heard the hang up right now is Crawford's 50/50 demand. Crawford is doing lip service in public, but declining the split behind closed doors and then saying Spence dont want the fight. He's turning down 60/40, and then pleading to the IBF to make him Spence's mandatory lol, which is dumb because it would get him even less of a split. Spence has been trying to collect all the belts before this so he can Aside the shit out of what would be the biggest fight in boxing. His split demand is holding the fight but, but its not an unreasonable demand, he's owed it.

Crawford on the other hand could be trying to get more under his belt at 147. Why doesn't Crawford fight Boots? Or Ortiz? Rather to fight Spence's leftovers for what? This is on Bud as much as it is on Spence.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ive heard the hang up right now is Crawford's 50/50 demand. Crawford is doing lip service in public, but declining the split behind closed doors and then saying Spence dont want the fight. He's turning down 60/40, and then pleading to the IBF to make him Spence's mandatory lol, which is dumb because it would get him even less of a split. Spence has been trying to collect all the belts before this so he can Aside the shit out of what would be the biggest fight in boxing. His split demand is holding the fight but, but its not an unreasonable demand, he's owed it.

Crawford on the other hand could be trying to get more under his belt at 147. Why doesn't Crawford fight Boots? Or Ortiz? Rather to fight Spence's leftovers for what? This is on Bud as much as it is on Spence.

Where you hear that there's been any talks for a Spence vs Crawford fight? Behind closed doors? Anyways, Spence has stalled his way out the division with just 2 straps. I doubt he gets another. He'll probably even drop a belt to not fight Boots :hearty-laugh: He can't force Bud to take a 40 split, but if he really does make a real offer he's not beating Bud off the injury and layoff.

Personally I'd like to see Crawford vs Ortiz and Boots vs Spence with the winners facing each other. Why not save Boots and Crawford for last and then face off with Ugas for undisputed?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Spence reign at 147 is coming to an end. He has nowhere go. I want to see what he does without an easy route. He was in the best situation any boxer could be in not too long ago and wasn't able to capitalize on it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Where you hear that there's been any talks for a Spence vs Crawford fight? Behind closed doors? Anyways, Spence has stalled his way out the division with just 2 straps. I doubt he gets another. He'll probably even drop a belt to not fight Boots :hearty-laugh: He can't force Bud to take a 40 split, but if he really does make a real offer he's not beating Bud off the injury and layoff.

Personally I'd like to see Crawford vs Ortiz and Boots vs Spence with the winners facing each other. Why not save Boots and Crawford for last and then face off with Ugas for undisputed?

Why exactly do you think he should be giving Bud 40 when Spence is clearly the bigger draw with more belts and has done more in the division against prime fighters?

But I agree with saving Crawford - Spence for last, thats what I've been on board with from jump. But I think Boots is a very serious impediment to that plan if he gets his way into being forced in on pain of title strip, because I think Boots is good enough to beat Spence if he's not who he used to be, and good enough to beat Bud. Ortiz is in it too.

And lets not pretend that Spence just took easy fights. Dude tried his ass off to get Garcia, Thurman, and Porter all in the ring after he beat Brook, and all of them ate of the time not fighting him. Boots, and Crawford are definitely gonna be the hardest fights of his career for sure though. But Boots aint gonna get a shot until he faces a real notable or too so he's still a good year away, so is Ortiz. Hell, why doesn't Ortiz fight Boots!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
What do you think the split should be with tc and spence?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Straight up 70/30. 65/35 at best. Nothing supports TC getting better. Hes not the bigger draw, he's done less work, and he has less belts. Is he the better fight...and do I think he'll beat spence...I hate to say it but yes and yes, but neither of those things entitles him to a bigger split.

I think TC believes it should be even because of what he has done over his career before welterweight, but that shit dont translate to PPV numbers or WW accomplishments.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Straight up 70/30. 65/35 at best. Nothing supports TC getting better. Hes not the bigger draw, he's done less work, and he has less belts. Is he the better fight...and do I think he'll beat spence...I hate to say it but yes and yes, but neither of those things entitles him to a bigger split.

I think TC believes it should be even because of what he has done over his career before welterweight, but that shit dont translate to PPV numbers or WW accomplishments.

LOL @ 70/30. Chill

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Why exactly do you think he should be giving Bud 40 when Spence is clearly the bigger draw with more belts and has done more in the division against prime fighters?

The weird thing about this question that is the narrative to hold up this megafight, is that in Spence other fights it wasn't a problem. Mikey Garcia got a 50/50 split with Spence with no belts or fights at 147. Shawn Porter got a 50/50 split as well. Those were their first ppvs as well. There was not ever any public talks about the money in those fights either. Bud's not on Top Rank anymore it should be easy to work a deal now where both will receive their highest payday no matter the split.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think 60-40 is plenty fair. Put that shit in the contract that is TC wins and Spence enacts the rematch clause, that TC flips and gets the 60-40. End of the day, at this point for the 2 of them, they are going to make the most $ fighting each other.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

LOL @ 70/30. Chill

I said what I said :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think 60-40 is plenty fair. Put that shit in the contract that is TC wins and Spence enacts the rematch clause, that TC flips and gets the 60-40. End of the day, at this point for the 2 of them, they are going to make the most $ fighting each other.

The two of them cant escape this fight, thats why i aint stressing it. I mean, name 2 prominent fighters who were mercilessly compared and a fight called for that never eventually happened? We heard this same shit with Pac and Floyd that it would never happen, until it did. Might not be perfect time according to the ppl but it'll happen.

Either next, or gulp 2023 :? :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye, we want that shit now, not when they are past their primes, or one of them has a phantom shoulder injury

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The weird thing about this question that is the narrative to hold up this megafight, is that in Spence other fights it wasn't a problem. Mikey Garcia got a 50/50 split with Spence with no belts or fights at 147. Shawn Porter got a 50/50 split as well. Those were their first ppvs as well. There was not ever any public talks about the money in those fights either. Bud's not on Top Rank anymore it should be easy to work a deal now where both will receive their highest payday no matter the split.

Mikey at the time was a draw. But Spence got more of the split on the PPV backend. You'll have to show me where it says Spence/Porter was 50/50. The only 50/50 i heard from that fight is that its 50/50 on who wins, not the actual split of the purse, and it was a title unification anyway so one could say Shawn was bringing in 1 belt for Errols one. DSG got 30% against Spence. Bud would be bringing in 1 title to errols 2. 40 is enough.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye, we want that shit now, not when they are past their primes, or one of them has a phantom shoulder injury

I get it man and you're not wrong. But Errol 31 and Bud 34. Hmmm....maybe Spence waiting for Bud to get old :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's clear Al was trying to stack things in favor of his fighter trying to get Spence - Ugas to happen first. This is mostly Al's doing. Bud being gone from TR makes it easier, but it doesn't make it easiest. He might as well get with al for a 3 or 4 fights and get it over with.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

Mikey at the time was a draw. But Spence got more of the split on the PPV backend. You'll have to show me where it says Spence/Porter was 50/50. The only 50/50 i heard from that fight is that its 50/50 on who wins, not the actual split of the purse, and it was a title unification anyway so one could say Shawn was bringing in 1 belt for Errols one. DSG got 30% against Spence. Bud would be bringing in 1 title to errols 2. 40 is enough.

I'm sure Crawford will take a 40 or 45 split if Spence actually offers it. Dude has been quiet as a church mouse. He definitely hasn't went public about interest in fighting Crawford since he left Arum. I just want to know what's Spence's route now. I'm glad the WBA forced his hand by denying the Ugas fight. Maybe we can get proof who's the truth at welterweight.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I'm sure Crawford will take a 40 or 45 split if Spence actually offers it. Dude has been quiet as a church mouse. He definitely hasn't went public about interest in fighting Crawford since he left Arum. I just want to know what's Spence's route now. I'm glad the WBA forced his hand by denying the Ugas fight. Maybe we can get proof who's the truth at welterweight.

Im not. Crawford has publicly said he wants 50/50, along with saying that Spence needs him more than he needs Spence. Along with his admission that the problems holding things up were back end Ego problems at Top Rank, while openly refusing anything other than 50/50. Bud aint free from blame man, and it's still early so we'll see how it works.

I dont blame the WBA at all though, they had Pacquiao holding their belt hostage for 3 years, mandatories gotta be fought. If Spences eye wasn't fucked, he'd be fighting a mandatory right now and we could be eying Spence-Crawford for Fall.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Spence duckin. He dont want it. Maybe Al can convince him and cash him, so Bud can retire his ass. That's an ass whoopin fasho.

Can we stop with Virgil or Boots talk, these dudes aint beat no dam body. They should fight each other or someone on the PBC roster but all those dudes soft and pampered and all they do is avoid eachother. Thurman dodged Spence, Spence dodged Ugas, Spence said he'll never fight Thurman, shit is pathetic. Spence running out of arenas. Thurman fighting lightweights, Porter retired and got embarrassed by his dad. Fuck is going on.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Spence aint duck no Ugas, tf you talking about

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:05 am 

Cash on hand:

https://es.pn/2t7Kg3c

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

https://es.pn/2t7Kg3c

Man, get this shit out of here man. Read what he said. He said he wanted big names, and why shouldn't he when he had none on his resume at that point, which Vargas was at the time, and then he opted for Garcia instead, a bigger name. And he fully said he's gonna have to fight Ugas later anyway, which he just tried to do before the WBA got in the way.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Lol listen to you :lol: :lol: :kopfpatsch: you said Jessie vargas was a big name hahaha. Trying to defend this duck. Jessie was never a name just smaller and easier work. Spence been pussy!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 am 

Cash on hand:

It's always later with this guy. Well later is passing him by. He got to show something now. No more Thurman's leftovers. The sanctioning bodies won't care about his side of the street. He sold y'all pipe dreams and protected his 0. Say what you want about Crawford, but he didn't bs around in any division this long like this.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:11 am 

Cash on hand:

Spence duckin. He dont want it. Maybe Al can convince him and cash him, so Bud can retire his ass. That's an ass whoopin fasho.

Can we stop with Virgil or Boots talk, these dudes aint beat no dam body. They should fight each other or someone on the PBC roster but all those dudes soft and pampered and all they do is avoid eachother. Thurman dodged Spence, Spence dodged Ugas, Spence said he'll never fight Thurman, shit is pathetic. Spence running out of arenas. Thurman fighting lightweights, Porter retired and got embarrassed by his dad. Fuck is going on.

Can't make up the rankings, they do exist. Boots and Ortiz are ranked 1,2, or 3 by every sanctioning body. They deserve their shot. Who at welterweight would you rank ahead of them? Why shouldn't they get their payday instead of knocking each other down the ladder? Canelo got Floyd when he was green and even in losing he benefited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » General Boxing Chat