Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

I think Crawford need to start being thrown in those hypothetical matchups. Who wins and how?

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Floyd. Better defensively. Faster. More accurate. But Crawford would give him hell.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

Crawfords counter game, southpaw style reach and power make this super interesting to me.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont think Crawford would be switching between stances, he'd have to stay in the stance he's more comfortable with. Floyd is too adaptive, and the whole concept of him being susceptible to southpaws was always a myth. But ya, Crawford is a mover, effective with both hands, fast, and very accurate.

At his best it always seemed like Floyd was holding back, if that is the case, Crawford is good enough that Floyd have to go all out.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

Everytime Floyd is brought up, I ask people how exactly is so and so gonna land on Floyd consistently to do any of the stuff you think they can do. He has a variation of styles that he can use to avoid conflict...he can use the ring and fight off his back foot, he can do what he did to Canelo and stay in the pocket and avoid shots or he can go in and out and swtich up his attack and defense.

Floyd is Smarter than Bud...that would be the difference... Bud has the skill set to beat anyone...but landing on Floyd consistently is just hard, he takes your weapons away early.....

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." Lou Duva

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

I dont think Southpaw vulnerability in regards to Floyd was a myth. Zab win the first 4 rounds and dropped Floyd with a check hook, something Bud does well. Zab is just Zab.

Chop Chop hurt Floyd also with a good hook and landed plenty of leather on Floyd.

Pacqauio also stunned Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

They all lost and got served, but had success. Just not the right southpaw to pull it off.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Floyd was probably smarter. But Bud is nasty and mean in there. Tenacious. Along with being smart also.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

I seen another interview where Spence cut out as soon as Bud was brought up. It says alot when fellow P4P fighters look for an exit whenever your name brought up.

I hope its just cause his eye hurt and maybe he not confident he'll be himself, but in the same interview he said he'll be back. So maybe he will, just not for Bud Crawford.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

He's cutting out because its not part of plans to fight Bud next, and I dont think he should coming off of that eye injury. The current talk is already going towards Bud fighting Thurman and Spence fighting Ugas, or the reverse. Thats why Spence got up and left the arena, and why he left the camera in the moment. These dudes admitted last year that they agreed to not mention each other until it was time, and Crawford mentioned in many interviews that TR was the biggest obstacle to it getting done.

But either way we'll see. Thurman wants Bud to wait til summer to fight and Bud is already questioning why he gotta wait so long. And Spence has just been cleared and is in the gym.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont think Southpaw vulnerability in regards to Floyd was a myth. Zab win the first 4 rounds and dropped Floyd with a check hook, something Bud does well. Zab is just Zab.

Chop Chop hurt Floyd also with a good hook and landed plenty of leather on Floyd.

Pacqauio also stunned Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

They all lost and got served, but had success. Just not the right southpaw to pull it off.

All them dudes got walked down after too and that southpaw shit got used against them.

Plenty of orthodox fighters have landed flush shots on Floyd. It was a myth man. Fighters who committed and caught Floyd off guard landed. Being south paw was not some magic bullet. That ish was always hyperbole because Floyd was too damn good all around and ppl scrambled to discuss a weakness.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Floyd.

I think TC is cream of the current crop, but lets not get carried away. Floyd is an ATG. TC just aint that level.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

If Zab dropped him, won the early part of the fight, Chop chop and Pac hurt him, how is it a myth lol no conventional fighter came close to hurting or dropping Floyd outside Shane.

It was real. And Crawford would have been by far the best southpaw he will have faced at the time

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

What if Crawford landed one of these

Attachments:
A4EC5890-2799-4071-9F8A-6786800BE953.jpeg
A4EC5890-2799-4071-9F8A-6786800BE953.jpeg [ 40.63 KiB | Viewed 4983 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

That led to this

Attachments:
69CDD517-3575-4934-B48A-4BC9DAA28806.jpeg
69CDD517-3575-4934-B48A-4BC9DAA28806.jpeg [ 31.4 KiB | Viewed 4983 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Even McGregory southpaw ass had some success lol

So I think Crawford would do very well

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:51 am 

Cash on hand:

Zab was lightning fast and stronger than bud...much quicker off the draw ice u bugging
Let's not forget zab was 2 or 3 p4p at one point

Crawford against a prime floyd does nothing but get taken to school...
Crawford shouldn't even be in this discussion as a hypothetical threat to floyd until he beats Thurman And Spence IMO

He hasnt done shit but beat porter up to this point his resume still sucks ass so let's not get carried away...dude beat a shot khan,brook,gamboa the midget,postol and horn

We getting crazy here man dudes need to knocknit off. Ice are u retarded??
PAC didn't stun floyd in the 4th and 6th rd and zab caught him a little off balance he wasnt hurt that was a flash KD

Prime floyd against Crawford? U losing it bro
Floyd under 30 yrs old takes Crawford to school real bad it gets embarrassing

The 36 yr old floyd that beat canelo washes up any version of bud

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 am 

Cash on hand:

Zab was never stronger than Bud on any level. Kill that shot you already lost your argument.

Crawford been dominant for years now and I think we need to start looking at him against these ATG's.

He got Spence who was the boogeyman tucking his tail.

Pac clearly had Floyz buzzed, in the 4th and 6th. Chop Chop same thing. Zab was the first 4 rounds and scored a knockdown unofficially but it was clear as day.

So Bud, with his 74 inch reach. And better than both those fighters at 147. Could win. Floyd is great but no one is unbeatable.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Even McGregory southpaw ass had some success lol

So I think Crawford would do very well

:lol:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

To me, Floyd is/was beatable just like every fighter. Castillo, Maidana, Pacquiao, DLH, and Zab had success against him. If he fought younger versions of Mosley, Pacman and Oscar I thinks he takes an L. Bud vs Floyd would have been the ultimate chess match and a snorefest to anyone wanting to see some action. I'd pick Floyd, but it would be close as it gets.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Similar and about as entertaining as Jones vs Hopkins I

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Floyd wanted to fight younger versions of Oscar and Shane from 2000 to 2005...
Shane had multiple excuses one of them was a toothache if u remember...

Oscar and floyd were at top rank together and Oscar wanted no part of floyd at 147 he fought Shane instead and lost...prime Oscar lost to prime Shane so he would have lost to floyd for sure

Look man floyd was 37 in his fights against maidana and he still clearly beat that man...first fight was close only because of his age but he still clearly won

Anyway man like I said Crawford is nowhere neat any all time great discussion.... He doesn't do anything against a prime PAC or floyd and even the mid 30es floyd beats him

Maybe he beats PAC after 35 cuz PAC was iced by jmm at that age,but he doesn't compete with floyd...never said floyd was unbeatable

I always said floyds toughest matchups were Pernell and hearns those are the only guys that could have beaten him stylistically it made sense...
Pernell was a southpaw that could box and had great defense like floyd he could think and adjust minute to minute like floyd

And hearns was a nightmare man, 6'2 with power in both hands,great jab and could box....
I always said those were floyds 2 toughest fights thats my honest opinion

Crawford doesn't belong in the discussion until he cleans up his era this is ridiculous talk...
He beats Thurman and Spence than AND ONLY THAN we can AT LEAST talk OF THIS NONSENSE :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: but ut would still be ridiculous even than

ftr prime Oscar beats Crawford I also think thats a horrible matchup for tc...but I think he could beat Mosley. Horrible matchup for Mosley hes more skilled,a little bigger has a reach,better boxer

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Floyd is just better.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Brother is correct

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

The better guy dont always win. Especially with southpaws. Tarver wasn't better than Roy. But when two guys at that level matchup anything can happen

Board index » General Boxing Chat