Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Manny looked like shit
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

No hating, just honest. Missing all night, never went to the body or came close to stopping an exhausted windmill throwing fighter. He's is clearly in the decline. Punch rate wasnt there. Tim really could have won if he had any sense. Just straight up. He looked good vs Rios but like shit in this fight.

I don't know if he just has problems with Tims style, but he looked like shit. Tim gave the fight away more than Pac won it.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

it wasn't the same many pac that destroyed cotto, thats for sure.

he did start fighting a bit better 4-5 rounds in though.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I thought he looked better against Rios, too, but that had more to do with the fact that Rios isn't any good.

Last edited by intheband02 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
It's a style thing. Manny will look great against any guy that doesn't move, and will look worse against guys who come forward and can block his shots and bully him, that's what Timmy was doing for a while, and dodging a lot of his shots, which he did in the first fight. Timmy knows how to make Manny less effective, just like Marquez, neither one knows how to beat him consistently, one simply capitalized on a monumental fuckup by Manny.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

It's a style thing. Manny will look great against any guy that doesn't move, and will look worse against guys who come forward and can block his shots and bully him, that's what Timmy was doing for a while, and dodging a lot of his shots, which he did in the first fight. Timmy knows how to make Manny less effective, just like Marquez, neither one knows how to beat him consistently, one simply capitalized on a monumental fuckup by Manny.

i dont think it was a style thing. i just think he doesnt move his feet as well as he used to. it also took him a longer to get his timing down, than i have seen.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica

i dont think it was a style thing. i just think he doesnt move his feet as well as he used to. it also took him a longer to get his timing down, than i have seen.

He moves his feet just fine, Timmy just didn't give him room to do so, at least for the first 6 rounds. Timmy kept pressing forward, bodying up on him. Nobody ever does that against Manny, and since the majority of Mannys footwork is forward, there was less of it with Timmy taking the initiative. The footwork was all there in his last fight against a punching bag, Im not trying to hear nonsense about it suddenly being gone in his next fight. Nullified is a better word.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Hard to hear this kind of talk after this fight.
It looked they way it did because they blew apart a bit with the early effort.
Its just the way the fight happened.
Manny is not shit.
Bradley is not shit.
Manny is better and that is why the fight played out the way it did.
Its hard to look pretty in a non-controlled environment.

YOu think about endurance say like a 10k run....that is 6.2 miles plus a fraction.
RUnners go out slower and don't extend past a lactic acid threshold because if they do they will "blow up" and ultimately finish slower than the initial slower effort saved the "kick" for when they need it or think its safe. If you stay into a lactic acid level too high (over 4 millimoles/liter) too long you can't not..I say you can't not recover and coordination and thinking becomes nearly impossible and both is severely impaired.

Yea...Im a geek about this...but its science. Its not my kung fu is more powerful than yours. ITs the way the body works. Now let the shit rain down. :shit-storm:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
I thought he looked exceptional.

Especially since he was only one fight removed from being knocked unconscious. He came in and dominated against the #3 ranked P4P fighter. Manny was suppose to be on the decline according to a lot of people. Yet he came in there and showed glimpses of ring brilliance that brought him past glory. Yeah he's not knocking people on there asses like he use to. But he's still a very good fighter. And won this fight as convincingly as he did the first.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
he soundly beat an alleged top 10 P4P fighter. again. the end. unless we wanna take back a lot of the good things we've ever said about Timmy.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

This...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
I wouldn't put JMM and Bradley in the same sentence when it comes to making Manny less effective. JMM wins an average of 7 rds a fight vs Manny. Timmy has won 7 total rds in 2 fights.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am 

Cash on hand:

Especially since he was only one fight removed from being knocked unconscious. He came in and dominated against the #3 ranked P4P fighter. Manny was suppose to be on the decline according to a lot of people. Yet he came in there and showed glimpses of ring brilliance that brought him past glory. Yeah he's not knocking people on there asses like he use to. But he's still a very good fighter. And won this fight as convincingly as he did the first.

Lmao. Silly post. Exceptional?! Dominated?!. Bradley gave it away he was beating Manny clearly earlier. One thing that stuck out is when Bradley threw his right straight he connected every time, almost at will. Also with his jab, Manny didn't look good trying get away from punches.

I'm just saying Bradley was dead in the water it looked like, floundering everywhere , just imploding and Manny couldn't really do shit except edge rounds with a flurry and the crowd yelling for anything he didm

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:08 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What could Manny have done to impress you?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I guess my point is this: I don't think there is anyone at 147 capable of the pure output of Manny. It is impressive as hell. Floyd is more brilliant and doesn't have to work that hard. Manny is slowing down because that is another thing that just is and some of that is probably his age. The age part isn't going to affect his endurance unless he slacks in the gym. However, his pop and explosiveness is on its way down and his legs will eventually fail not allowing him to get in and out the way he does.

I thought it was a hell of a fight realizing by the 4th round there was no way that pace could be sustained. Watching the fight again the 5th and 6th rounds were the turning point. They had to slow down because it was a near if not physical impossiblity of sustaining that pace with the movement, exchanges, missed punches, etc. What we saw was Bradley simply makes the point Pac couldn't KO him. IMO. Bradley began to play to the crowd because that was his undoing for the getgo worring about what "they" thought. No matter though...Pac is a better fighter.

The only real defining moment now is the match we all want to see but don't want to talk about now. I think the outcome is about 2.5-3 to 1 is favor of...yep Floyd. However, it just has to happen to close the book on the career defining moment of both careers. There won't be a loser in the fight IMO. Both are spectacular in different ways.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:54 am 

Cash on hand:

Why is it so hard to accept that people are going to look different against different opponents.

At the end of the day, Bradley is going to be extremly difficult for anybody else to beat, not named Floyd that is, of course. The dude puts in work, he is relentless, he has holes but those holes only seem to get exposed against top opposition.

I think Manny looked fine in busting this niggas ass two times, and I give him credit for it.

Best opponent for Floyd right now Ice, accept that my ninja.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lmao. Silly post. Exceptional?! Dominated?!. Bradley gave it away he was beating Manny clearly earlier. One thing that stuck out is when Bradley threw his right straight he connected every time, almost at will. Also with his jab, Manny didn't look good trying get away from punches.

I'm just saying Bradley was dead in the water it looked like, floundering everywhere , just imploding and Manny couldn't really do shit except edge rounds with a flurry and the crowd yelling for anything he didm

I don't go back and forth with known biased posters dude lol.

I actually skip past your posts most of the time. That was my opinion, among a lot of experts who viewed it the same as I did. You picked Bradley to win right? And you were wrong, right? That's all it takes for a person like you. I don't agree with a lot of the things you say. Because you write a lot of silly things. Your not objective enough to be taken seriously. Take where you say, Bradley gave the fight away.. More so then Manny actually winning it. Who are you kidding?

Your hatred for fighters blinds you from reality. And it's time you be called out on it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ice, I didn't see Bradley beating Manny early. I had the fight even after 6. Than Manny completely took over for the rest of the fight.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This fight I think in a few weeks after the freshness has worn off will look a lot like how FLoyd whooped Canelo. Except Bradley tried to his limit and Canelo didn't. Had Canelo tried however he would have gotten hit more and looked poorer. Still same result but Canelo didn't even gamble to hit Floyd. Canelo would have looked sluggish too had he tried as hard as Bradley in the beginning. Canelo got FLoyd on the ropes and then did a "wtf do I do now".

Same goes for Bradley...Bradley got to a point and then just played not to get rocked again....Otherwise what happens? He gets hit more and hurt as happened on a few occassions cause more damn leg problems.

Manny = impressive = A fighter, not a B
Looked just fine. None better except Floyd and that's just speculation.
We should see the fight.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

its the usual vs brawlers who are slow u will look good vs boxers who can move and not play rockem sockem u look worse.... Hell Canelo looked horrible vs Floyd but vs Angulo all of a sudden he fixed... we all been watching boxing long enough to know the deal.

Last edited by aneed123 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Manny won the last 6 rounds. I don't know how he looked like shit doing so. I don't want to hear no excuses from anyone saying it's cause Timmy hurt his leg. It's a bullshit copout from a guy who gassed himself throwing bombs early in the fight trying to ko Manny.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 am 

Cash on hand:

Manny won the last 6 rounds. I don't know how he looked like shit doing so. I don't want to hear no excuses from anyone saying it's cause Timmy hurt his leg. It's a bullshit copout from a guy who gassed himself throwing bombs early in the fight trying to ko Manny.

I agree to a certain point... he got hurt then went full retard and said fuck the gameplan

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:48 am 

Cash on hand:

I don't go back and forth with known biased posters dude lol.

I actually skip past your posts most of the time. That was my opinion, among a lot of experts who viewed it the same as I did. You picked Bradley to win right? And you were wrong, right? That's all it takes for a person like you. I don't agree with a lot of the things you say. Because you write a lot of silly things. Your not objective enough to be taken seriously. Take where you say, Bradley gave the fight away.. More so then Manny actually winning it. Who are you kidding?

Your hatred for fighters blinds you from reality. And it's time you be called out on it.

Since when have I hated Manny you dumb fuck?! You have never known shit about Boxing which is why I usually NEVER read yo posts and I told you that long ago so don't try to play that card on me.

Exceptional and dominated don't belong anywhere near this fight for people that really know boxing. You sound like them casuals talking about it on the news

I don't give a fuck about being objective or the rest of that pussy shit u said, I say what I believe and stand by it, always have and always did shit my way. You just an ordinary ass dude and your posts are never anything special. You 87 gas bro I'm 91. And south Florida niggas don't know shit about boxing.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Why is it so hard to accept that people are going to look different against different opponents.

At the end of the day, Bradley is going to be extremly difficult for anybody else to beat, not named Floyd that is, of course. The dude puts in work, he is relentless, he has holes but those holes only seem to get exposed against top opposition.

I think Manny looked fine in busting this niggas ass two times, and I give him credit for it.

Best opponent for Floyd right now Ice, accept that my ninja.

once the whole I ko common guys while a certain someone only gets decisions drew a line in the sand.... Now manny is doing the same thing...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

wow never expected Ice and geo to get into it...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

wow never expected Ice and geo to get into it...

Boricua Nation believes it will get stronger if we challenge ourselves, we often have battles internally that the rest of the BHO world is not aware of, this is why we continue to be the strongest unit in BHO's old and new history.

The late great Brandon was the first non Hispanic member in our Gang, so it's not like you can't get down. Nothing is impossible, if you want the registration form let me know, i'll forward all 2458 pages to you.

How I feel after failing the Anis test

Board index » General Boxing Chat