Yes 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
No 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Wow. They calling him choosing Charlo a duck.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

It is a duck. Charlo dont even fight at the weight. Charlo aint some big star so its not like he would for sure outsell an all Mexican showdown with Benavidez.

Not saying its a cherry pick or weak fight, cause I like Charlo i think he is very good. But Canelo literally looking over and under weight classes when he has a #1 WBC ranked, #2 ESPN and others ranked undefeated two time champion at the weight. And he is aligned with the same company Canelo just worked with, PBC.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
So is Canelo finally fighting another black guy?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Im just gonna raise up out this thread man, because some of yall gonnna make me defend Canelo with your nonsense.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
All of these fighters should be fighting eachother.

Why not build their own legacies up instead of waiting on Canelo to call?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Jermz how is it nonsense?! Fighting smaller or bigger guys with around the same notoriety instead of the #1 contender in your weight class not a duck? While also dismissing me but having just fought lesser guys.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its pointless over knitpicking.

We've all been bitching for other a year about Canelo not fighting one of the top names of a list we all pretty much agreed on. Ive led the charge on it.

Now that he's supposedly fighting a name off of that list (probably shouldnt hold our breath anyway), a name that many boxing fans agree on, you're going to knitpick and call him a ducker for not fighting the name on said list that YOU want.

No thanks man. You, and I guess rj as well, can hold that space.

Charlo has been calling Canelo out every fkin day for over a year, he also said he'd go up to do it. If Canelo says yes, he either shit or get off the pot. Benavidez lost his spot with his weight fuck up. He can wait his turn.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Its pointless over knitpicking.

We've all been bitching for other a year about Canelo not fighting one of the top names of a list we all pretty much agreed on. Ive led the charge on it.

Now that he's supposedly fighting a name off of that list (probably shouldnt hold our breath anyway), a name that many boxing fans agree on, you're going to knitpick and call him a ducker for not fighting the name on said list that YOU want.

No thanks man. You, and I guess rj as well, can hold that space.

Charlo has been calling Canelo out every fkin day for over a year, he also said he'd go up to do it. If Canelo says yes, he either shit or get off the pot. Benavidez lost his spot with his weight fuck up. He can wait his turn.

You dont think there's a reason why he would want Charlo over Benavidez?

And no one is bitching or complaining. The topic is, IS IT A DUCK...and I feel it is. Not nitpicking, he pretty much lioe other A-sides trying to get things to his favor.

I agree with the holding breath parts. Middleweight is the most bitch made division cause none of them are fighting. GGG, Charlo, Boo Boo, Jacobs....they all just wanna take turns fighting Gabe Rosado lmao

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I quite literally dont care man. My list was Charlo, Boo Boo, Benavidez, Bivol, or Beterbiev. I said I was him to fight those guys. Any of them. In any order. I just want him to fight some real fights that have been called for. Charlo was called fore before any Benevidez fight. Im not gonna knitpick. Canelo gotta get off his bum circuit fights, and a Charlo fight does that. Benavidez will get his eventually, maybe he'll make weight in his fights up til then.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:16 am 

Cash on hand:

All of a sudden, after all this time, it's a must to fight Charlo now. Canelo's the smartest boxer in and out of the ring currently.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
All of a sudden, after all this time, it's a must to fight Charlo now. Canelo's the smartest boxer in and out of the ring currently.

no not a must, but it shouldnt have any implications of a duck or cherry pick or "unfair advantage" in terms of weight. if you guys prefer the suddenly grossly overrated Benavidez thats fine. his insistence doesn't automatically make him the best and most deserving option. Charlo is a damn fine option. so is Benavidez. he can fight both, just not simultaneously. lets just see what happens.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:42 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Thanks for the responses to my inquiry. Some solid points were made but the clear take away here is everyone has an opinion and their own boogeyman for Canelo.

Most complaining he is ducking fighter X, believe Canelo beats fighter X.

The moral of this story to me is all these bitchasses waiting out the Canelo lottery need to fight better comp. and actually demand the fight.

You ask 5 different people, theyll tell you 5 different guys. All 5 of those guys need to do more to unify the boxing fanbase to demand the fight.

Do you actually think if said fighter existed, Canelo would duck him? If so, you are living in an alternate reality.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

All that's really being asked of Canelo is to pick a division and fight the best.

If he stayed at 160, Charlo and Andrade been there since 154 and a GGG rubbermatch made since.

At 168, Benavides is the last one left and was always the toughest at that weight. It just makes sense now.

If he goes back up, he can challenge any of the champs right away. There's some good comp there.

Canelo has so many options, but let's not do the cruiserweight jump. It sort puts other fights out of reach and makes you wonder why is he dancing around these divisions and fighting guys we don't know. The question is posed because it's reasonable from what's given.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

I thought in boxing all you had to do was become top of your division and then clear it out or move up.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
I thought in boxing all you had to do was become top of your division and then clear it out or move up.

exactly how often has that happened in boxing for the longest time?? ain't nobody doing that shit.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

Nobody is jumping divisions like this ever either, but there are some guys still who fight any and everybody and don't vacate belts and stuff. That's not dead yet and shouldn't be.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think his division jumping will get the better of him, and Canelo is committed to to the weight game where it benefits him. But the way I see it, its not about what weight class hes at that determines order. Charlo and Boo Boo are ahead of Benavidez to me. Those fights shoulda happened before he moved up.

But I dont care who he fights as long as he fights one of them, or Benevidez, or Bivol or Beterbiev, I wont knitpick any of those decisions. The rest is just trash.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:27 pm 

Cash on hand:

I get that Charlo and Andrade was up long before Benavides and if they jump on the chance to fight Canelo even at Cruiserweight then good for them. Advantage still goes to Canelo, but he's running boxing right, and you got to take what he'll give. It's not a bad fight, name-wise. Hopefully Charlo's power carries upward to garner Canelo's respect in the ring, he's not going to outbox him.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I get that Charlo and Andrade was up long before Benavides and if they jump on the chance to fight Canelo even at Cruiserweight then good for them. Advantage still goes to Canelo, but he's running boxing right, and you got to take what he'll give. It's not a bad fight, name-wise. Hopefully Charlo's power carries upward to garner Canelo's respect in the ring, he's not going to outbox him.

You're definitely right about that. Them Charlos arent boxers. They are like Spence. A variety of quick punchers. They rely on physicality. Quick, but no real ability to time their punches. Brute forcers. I hate to say it, but thats kind of Canelos wet dream. If the power alone dont create the respect, Canelo will time such a fighter to death and drown em. I dont see evidence that Benevidez is much more than that either. Just a brute force fighter, albeit more grit than Charlo. Boo Boo probably the best boxer of the bunch and give Canelo the best fight. But ya either way, Canelo gotta fight these dudes. At least 2 of the 3. Fuck it, all 3. And these are his legacy fights really, theres no way around it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:23 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

exactly how often has that happened in boxing for the longest time?? ain't nobody doing that shit.

Canelo - unifies and becomes undisputed at 168, looks to move up

Your guys' response - see above

:kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:19 am 

Cash on hand:

Canelo - unifies and becomes undisputed at 168, looks to move up

Your guys' response - see above

:kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch:

This guy's statement is just ignorant, misleading and incomplete :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Canelo plans not to move up unless it leap frogs competition to fight a bum at Cruiserweight or the weakest champ at 175.

That "response" was actually to your bullshit about how these highly ranked champions needs to do more to earn a fight with Canelo :kopfpatsch: when these other guys he's cherry picking hasn't done shit. :kopfpatsch:

Board index » General Boxing Chat