Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Crawford is the best boxer in the sport. Spence doesn't have a prayer here.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Spence is bigger, stronger, younger. That said, its pretty close to a 50/50 fight for me.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fuck. Spence is going to win now.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica

Fuck. Spence is going to win now.

Ya I caught that one :hearty-laugh: .

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Floyd and Pac fight happened too late. Though they made money the fans were cheated of seeing them fight at their peak. Not as bad as Hopkins vs. Roy 2, but definitely loss some buzz with the delay. I'm on the fan side of this, not the promoter's side, which we should all be on since we don't gain anything from waiting this out.

Jermzhi, you're acting as if you're getting a portion of the proceeds or something. :hearty-laugh: When Spence moves up in weight and the fight never happens, we lose again.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Floyd and Pac fight happened too late. Though they made money the fans were cheated of seeing them fight at their peak. Not as bad as Hopkins vs. Roy 2, but definitely loss some buzz with the delay. I'm on the fan side of this, not the promoter's side, which we should all be on since we don't gain anything from waiting this out.

Jermzhi, you're acting as if you're getting a portion of the proceeds or something. :hearty-laugh: When Spence moves up in weight and the fight never happens, we lose again.

I just like to see combat athletes paid the max, and dont hate on them for it. Aint no harm in it getting held for a bit. Their primes arent going away anytime soon.

And call me old fashioned, but i just like to see the best fight last, when the other garbage has been taken out. Especially when you account for the antics of said garbage, the fact that they are trying to get out of fighting ether guy.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

I just like to see combat athletes paid the max, and dont hate on them for it. Aint no harm in it getting held for a bit. Their primes arent going away anytime soon.

And call me old fashioned, but i just like to see the best fight last, when the other garbage has been taken out. Especially when you account for the antics of said garbage, the fact that they are trying to get out of fighting ether guy.

Will you keep that mentality if the fight doesn't happen? I've seen it too many times in boxing. I don't mind waiting a bit if it still happens, but stalling to make a fight always give me doubts and often ends in disappointment.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

But when has it happened with fighters of their stature?

Manny Floyd eventually happened....and that outcome was gonna be what it was no matter when it happened.

Its too big not to happen.....and both guys are too good and too interested to walk away having fought the best for it not to happen. Itll happen. Both want the smoke....im not interested in hearing anyone tell me that one or the other doesnt.

If Spence holds out and then leaves the division on some too big to fight at WW shit...ill call him a bitch. Same with Bud. They wont leave WW without fighting.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:41 am 

Cash on hand:

Though not at all the same circumstances, Trinidad never fought Mosley as he twice moved up in weight the same year as Mosley entered the weight class. Not that either guy ducked one another, but timing is important when it comes to boxers being slightly bigger than their potential best opponent. I hope you right and I'm just tripping though.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

fights are only hard to make when a fighter or promoter dont want it to hapoen. all this other stuff about money, networks etc is all just misdirection and deflection. if TC, Spencer, Bob, and Al all want it to happen, its an easy fight to make.

Over 3 years later it's the same conversation :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You're obsessed. Bringing up old threads for what now :lol:

When Spence moves up in weight and the fight never happens, we lose again.

And you said this 3 years ago, and Spence still hasnt moved up, is still trying to unify the titles which was his stated goal the whole damned time, and Bud has one of those titles. So much ado about nothing on your part man.

And tell me who he's going to have to fight if he moves up anyway? That's right. His Boy, stablemate, dude he trains with, and shares a trainer with. If you think he'd rather move up and fight Charlo one belt shy of becoming undisputed, rather than fight Bud, then I'll just leave you with all of that man.

Jermzhi wrote:
Its too big not to happen.....and both guys are too good and too interested to walk away having fought the best for it not to happen. Itll happen. Both want the smoke....im not interested in hearing anyone tell me that one or the other doesnt.

If Spence holds out and then leaves the division on some too big to fight at WW shit...ill call him a bitch. Same with Bud. They wont leave WW without fighting.

Like I said.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

What I said haven't been proven wrong yet, what you mean? I still have no faith in the fight happening and so far I'm still right. But if I'm wrong and the fight happens then do I really lose?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What I said haven't been proven wrong yet, what you mean? I still have no faith in the fight happening and so far I'm still right. But if I'm wrong and the fight happens then do I really lose?

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Ayo man, ive had enough, we cant keep doin all this mess man. Aint anybody been proven wrong.

This shit gonna happen in 2022 if the commissions dont get in the way forcing mandatories. Bob aint in the way, and Al wont let it fall apart over a split.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
I still think it's a gangster fight to make. Maybe the best fight in the sport to make.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

I wouldn't say hagler hearns,but I believe thus fight doesn't go the distance...
I see Crawford pushing the issue and being more willing than Spence to go out on his shield

Spence is bigger and 2-3 yrs younger so if he chooses to survive he'll go 12 and possibly be content to lose a decision...
But I agree both men will be hurt in this fight

I always thought spence would win,being his bigger stronger and younger but now obviously Spence has the edge....hes been the more active fighter the last 2 yrs and Spence has this retina situation

But I believe this will come down to execution on the night...either way I believe these guys will end up fighting 2 times minimum, but it could be a trilogy even

Crawford always been a little more skilled,but Spence is very skilled to and it isn't really a significant gap in the skill or talent department for either man

I look forward to seeing this fight someday,but I think the earliest we get it is 2023

Board index » General Boxing Chat