Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:51 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Hey CLB, forgot to get my Fri. picks in on time. Would you mind adding them? Thanks.

Garcia by Split Decision
Gomez KO late rounds

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Hey CLB, forgot to get my Fri. picks in on time. Would you mind adding them? Thanks.

Garcia by Split Decision
Gomez KO late rounds

Got 'em

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fight picks have been less than inspiring lately. We shouldn't even have the Danny Garcia-Salka fight on the schedule. That fight is complete ass.

Could've put the Dirrell-Biosse fight; Lucas Browne-Andriy Rudenko ; Sechew Powell-Dmitry Mikhaylenko ; on top of all the Fox Deportes cards coming up. It's just uninspiring.

We've been down this road before, but, it's like you don't really seem into it. You're just picking a few fights a week that are big name fights for the most part.

Fights I would like for you to add for Aug. 7th - Aug. 9th:

Aug. 7
At Corpus Christi, Texas (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes): Jerry Belmontes vs. Abner Cotto, 10 rounds, junior lightweights

Aug. 8
At Fallon, Nev. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Willie Nelson vs. Luis Grajeda, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Norbert Nemesapati vs. Jason Escalera, 8 rounds, super middleweights

At Mexico City (Telemundo): Edgar Ortega vs. Daniel Rosario, 10 rounds, welterweights

At Pittsburgh (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes): Sammy Vasquez vs. James Stevenson, 10 rounds, welterweights; Monty Meza Clay vs. Rene Alvarado, 8 rounds; Ievegen Khytrov vs. Willie Fortune, 6 rounds, middleweights

Aug. 9th

At Bethlehem, Pa. (NBC Sports Net): Vyacheslav "Czar" Glazkov vs. Derric Rossy, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Robert Berridge vs. Vasily Lepikhin, 12 rounds, light heavyweights;

At Ica, Peru: Nehomar Cermeno vs. Carlos Zambrano, 12 rounds, for Cermeno's WBA interim junior featherweight title

At Monterrey, Mexico: Francisco Rodriguez vs. Katsunari Takayama, 12 rounds, WBO/IBF strawweight unification

At Sevastopol, Ukraine: Dmitry Chudinov vs. Mehdi Bouadla, 12 rounds, for Chudinov's WBA interim middleweight title

At Kempton Park, South Africa: Ryno Liebenberg vs. Denis Grachev, 12 rounds, light heavyweights;

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Fight picks have been less than inspiring lately. We shouldn't even have the Danny Garcia-Salka fight on the schedule. That fight is complete ass.

Could've put the Dirrell-Biosse fight; Lucas Browne-Andriy Rudenko ; Sechew Powell-Dmitry Mikhaylenko ; on top of all the Fox Deportes cards coming up. It's just uninspiring.

We've been down this road before, but, it's like you don't really seem into it. You're just picking a few fights a week that are big name fights for the most part.

Fights I would like for you to add for Aug. 7th - Aug. 9th:

Aug. 7
At Corpus Christi, Texas (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes): Jerry Belmontes vs. Abner Cotto, 10 rounds, junior lightweights

Aug. 8
At Fallon, Nev. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Willie Nelson vs. Luis Grajeda, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Norbert Nemesapati vs. Jason Escalera, 8 rounds, super middleweights

At Mexico City (Telemundo): Edgar Ortega vs. Daniel Rosario, 10 rounds, welterweights

At Pittsburgh (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes): Sammy Vasquez vs. James Stevenson, 10 rounds, welterweights; Monty Meza Clay vs. Rene Alvarado, 8 rounds; Ievegen Khytrov vs. Willie Fortune, 6 rounds, middleweights

Aug. 9th

At Bethlehem, Pa. (NBC Sports Net): Vyacheslav "Czar" Glazkov vs. Derric Rossy, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Robert Berridge vs. Vasily Lepikhin, 12 rounds, light heavyweights;

At Ica, Peru: Nehomar Cermeno vs. Carlos Zambrano, 12 rounds, for Cermeno's WBA interim junior featherweight title

At Monterrey, Mexico: Francisco Rodriguez vs. Katsunari Takayama, 12 rounds, WBO/IBF strawweight unification

At Sevastopol, Ukraine: Dmitry Chudinov vs. Mehdi Bouadla, 12 rounds, for Chudinov's WBA interim middleweight title

At Kempton Park, South Africa: Ryno Liebenberg vs. Denis Grachev, 12 rounds, light heavyweights;

Jesus, really? Chudinov, Liedenburg, Zambrano, Lepikhin, Glazkov, Khytov?

Does anyone else want these fights added or is Burowz on tilt here?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Do you even care if the matchups are competitive?

Serious question.

I spent a couple of hours looking at fights today and records to see if there were competitive matchups that you could add. Not only have I tried to help CLB by adding fights, but I have also promoted the site on other boxing boards since I've been picking fights. You're taking it personal when I'm just trying to make it more interesting. I don't know what your problem is. Does it take some ungodly amount of time to add the fights or something that I'm not privy to?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Do you even care if the matchups are competitive?

Serious question.

I spent a couple of hours looking at fights today and records to see if there were competitive matchups that you could add. Not only have I tried to help CLB by adding fights, but I have also promoted the site on other boxing boards since I've been picking fights. You're taking it personal when I'm just trying to make it more interesting. I don't know what your problem is. Does it take some ungodly amount of time to add the fights or something that I'm not privy to?

Why do you think I'm taking it personally?

The problem is that predicting the outcome of a dozen fights with fighters nobody has ever heard of, or ever will again, simply isn't very fun.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:50 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What a fucking cop out. Nobody ever heard of Rod Salka, yet, there he is.

And isn't presumptuous on your part to say that everyone picking the fights has never heard of the fighters I listed? And it's just plain stupid to try and predict that none of us will ever hear of them again. In fact, some of the fights I listed are between prospects with undefeated records. But, you apparently don't give a shit. Do you even watch boxing outside of what is on HBO and Showtime? And, I'm sitting here TELLING you that it isn't very fun.

I think it's more a matter of you not liking the idea that I'm trying to add something to your pick 'em league. Like I'm trying to one-up you or something. Do you have some kind of power trip problem or something? Is that what it is? Do you think I'm trying to tell you what to do or something?

The way you're acting reminds me of how Astor acts on TTR. Same kind of dopey fucking attitude over nothing. You two could be brothers. There isn't one other single person who has tried to make CLB better and more competitive than me. But, if you want to take that for granted, well, that's your problem.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

isn't presumptuous on your part to say that everyone picking the fights has never heard of the fighters I listed?

That's why I asked other people's opinion. But apparently your opinion is the only one that matters and by asking what other people think you completely fly off the handle.

I add fights based on suggestions all the time. You are living in your own little fantasy land where I'm out to get you. Stop acting like a 3-year-old.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

How many people who participate in the challenge post on this forum? Not a whole hell of a lot. I'm not the only one who wants more fights. Moe is someone who I know for a fact would want more fights. And why would I be investing my personal time into this if my opinion was the only one that mattered? That doesn't even make sense. I love the league. I think it's pretty damn close to being a perfect fantasy boxing challenge. I'd just like to see more fights consistently. I stand by all of the fights I would like you to add. Most of them are better and more competitive fights than the ones that are currently listed. Who gives a shit if most of us haven't seen a lot of them fight before. I've never seen Rod Salka, Anton Novikov, Jarrod Fletcher, Edgar Santana, or Katsunari Takayama fight before, yet, there they are in the challenge.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Really can't wait to make my picks for the FOUR fights we have this weekend. :roll:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Burrowz u mean well but this is an old argument i used to have.fancy does great with this league and hes a busy man.i used to flip out just like u but now im to busy to even post here the last month or so.cant believe im saying this but dont judge the man to harshly lmao.and ur wrong cuz nobody loves clb more than me around here...im reliable top 5 every yr and i never have even considered quitting cuz i love to compete and represent bho toever really consider it. As ive gotten busier it has become harder to post and remember to pick the fights on clb.but ive managed cuz i love all u guys,bho,and clb to much to ever stop putting it on the line...wat would u know about me and fancys type of dedication burrowz huh? Yes ur a great talented poster but u only care about urself.have u ever even done a full yr on clb?who the fuck are u to question fancys dedication to clb?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 am 

Cash on hand:

I have questioned fancy many times over the yrs but i earned that right not u!ur just a spoiled child whos out of bounds here do dont ever come out of ur face about fancys dedication to clb cuz u dont know wat ur talking about! He listens to me cuz i never missed a yr or a month of clbs existence....me and fancy buily clb burrowz ur nobody... We took that shit to new heights!for years we would fight all yr long for 1st,2nd,3rd,or top five status against each other!we literally carried that shit for yrs and our rivalry has defined the fucking site! Than a spoiled talented child like u comes along and finishes wat top 5 or ten one yr and u think im gonna allow u to disrespect the man who is most responsible 4 building clb besides me? Nah burruwz ur wrong and its not gonna happen hell no.so make your suggestions for fights but dont come out ur face u stooge cuz u dont have enough yrs in like or fancy to do that.i dont even talk to fancy like that so u way outta bounds kid....so pick the fights suggest some fights u want added and keep ur mouth shut u little punk.u dont ever talk to fancy like that cuz u havent done shit on clb.....u didnt build that shit me and fancy did u dont run the fucking league he takes the time out to do that not u! So like i said pick the fights and keep ur mouth shut

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Can I get Trout by UD?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Can I get Trout by UD?

Yup

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Grazie. :cool:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

hey fancy i wanna change my pick to davis by ud over george!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

hey fancy i wanna change my pick to davis by ud over george!

There you go.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

Man, missing one week while on vacation killed me! I could be looking at another quarter win right now.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Man, missing one week while on vacation killed me! I could be looking at another quarter win right now.

Yeah, miss a couple fights and your out of the running. I wonder if there are any scoring/ranking changes we could make to better handle little things like that.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yeah, miss a couple fights and your out of the running. I wonder if there are any scoring/ranking changes we could make to better handle little things like that.

I was in the Outer Banks and the house I rented had the worst wi-fi known to man. I hate posting from and iPad too, but for CLB it should have been fine. I could never get on and missed them. I want to say I had an accurate week too when I went to look back.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

another quarter has ended! i cant believe we are entering the last qtr of the fucking yr.seems like just yesterday it was january time is flying.fancy and dbo ya finished strong but keep it up.
ya gotta solidify yourselves in the top ten... create some space cuz the people behind yall to close for my liking :lol: iwilllose and keller finished top ten last yr now they are even higher.
im gonna try my best to take home the title this yr and i have a shot at it.

hopefully i can get it done.
mishmosh been around 4 awhile to.he's usually a solid player.
this is it though fellas last qtr so everybody better bring there best and finish strong.
it's fucking crazy cuz we all start with no points every yr,but it's always the same names on top by the end of the yr :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... dule/index

hey fancy there are plenty of legit fights for u to add for next month and this weekend even!
u can always check the schedule on espn so just do that from now on...
plenty of obvious names this month and title matchups,eliminators,or just plain solid fights.
so make sure u add most of these cuz its the last quarter and i got some ground to make up lol

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

fancy cmon dude u gotta be kidding me!
how dont u have the curtis stevens fight thats tomorrow.
thats gonna be a guaranteed great fight...probably the best fight of the week!

Oct. 11

At Merida, Mexico (beIN Sports Espanol): Jorge Paez Jr. vs. Aaron Herrera, 10 rounds

Carlos Molina vs. Cornelius "K9" Bundrage, 12 rounds, for Molina's IBF junior middleweight title

At London: Lee Selby vs. Joel Brunker, 12 rounds. IBF featherweight eliminator; Kevin Mitchell vs. TBA, 12 rounds, lightweights; Anthony Joshua vs. Denis Bakhtov, 10 rounds, heavyweights; John Ryder vs. Sergey Khomitsky, 12 rounds, middleweights; Ricky Boylan vs. Tyler Goodjohn, 10 rounds, welterweights; John Wayne Hibbert vs. Philip Bowes, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

u also gotta con sider these ones to ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i know u busy fancy,but u got me working ot over here shitty.
im a busy man to :D

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:37 am 

Cash on hand:

fancy cmon dude u gotta be kidding me!
how dont u have the curtis stevens fight thats tomorrow.
thats gonna be a guaranteed great fight...probably the best fight of the week!

Oct. 11

At Merida, Mexico (beIN Sports Espanol): Jorge Paez Jr. vs. Aaron Herrera, 10 rounds

Carlos Molina vs. Cornelius "K9" Bundrage, 12 rounds, for Molina's IBF junior middleweight title

At London: Lee Selby vs. Joel Brunker, 12 rounds. IBF featherweight eliminator; Kevin Mitchell vs. TBA, 12 rounds, lightweights; Anthony Joshua vs. Denis Bakhtov, 10 rounds, heavyweights; John Ryder vs. Sergey Khomitsky, 12 rounds, middleweights; Ricky Boylan vs. Tyler Goodjohn, 10 rounds, welterweights; John Wayne Hibbert vs. Philip Bowes, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

u also gotta con sider these ones to ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i know u busy fancy,but u got me working ot over here shitty.
im a busy man to :D

At least LOOK on CLB before complaining. Jesus.

The Molina fight is off, the Selby fight is up, the Joshua fight is up, Mitchell fight is off.

I know you're lazy but you've reached new lows.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

John Wayne Hibbert :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General Boxing Chat