Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Spence is a one division champion, weight bullying ass fighter. P4P is designed for the most skilled fighter regardless of weight. We'll have to see if Spence's style is effective at junior middleweight and middleweight to compare to what Crawford has done, a former lightweight knocking out welterweights is more impressive than a guy who started at 154 bullying welterweights and guys coming up from lower classes. Just my opinion. Also Crawford has been on the p4p list longer than any current boxer and had his way with everyone willing to fight him including Gamboa. Soon as Gamboa clipped him he got dropped and beat worse for his troubles.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:41 am 

Cash on hand:

Spence's style will carry over cause he has amazing stamina and great boxing fundamentals. He is a beast stop trying make him sound like he's Margarito or some shit like that.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:43 am 

Cash on hand:

Usyk is overrated. Dude's second best win is derek chisora lol Best win is Andy Ruiz's leftovers. Shit is crazy.

Anyway yea i think Haney, Tank, Stevenson beat Loma right now. Shit Teo already beat him. Why can't they?

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:12 am 

Cash on hand:

Spence's style will carry over cause he has amazing stamina and great boxing fundamentals. He is a beast stop trying make him sound like he's Margarito or some shit like that.

It takes a greater amount of skills to dominate bigger guys as an aggressive fighter. I'm not saying he can't do it, just that he hasn't. Where other fighters have done it and in way less time. Spence has milked his size advantage at welterweight long enough. After the Crawford fight/loss we'll see what type of impact he has at 154 before Ennis catches up to him.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
You need to give all that size advantage stuff a break man. He's not some 6 foot fighter. Dude is 5'9 and has never had a problem making weight even when he had an obvious and well documented problem with drinking and eating. He's just a strong natural welter who is used to sparring with bigger guys, like the 6 foot ass trainer mate undisputed champ Charlo who hes been training and sparring with for years.

You wanna blame ppl, you blame the fighters who decided to move up to welter for the smoke. Spence only fought who he was supposed to and now he's gnna fight bud, just like he said he would, and you out here hating and disrespecting the man for it lol.

I mean shit, each of the guys he beat for the strap was a legit natural welterweight. So who exactly was he size bulling against Brook, Porter, and Ugas? What are you even talking about???? :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

You need to give all that size advantage stuff a break man. He's not some 6 foot fighter. Dude is 5'9 and has never had a problem making weight even when he had an obvious and well documented problem with drinking and eating. He's just a strong natural welter who is used to sparring with bigger guys, like the 6 foot ass trainer mate undisputed champ Charlo who hes been training and sparring with for years.

You wanna blame ppl, you blame the fighters who decided to move up to welter for the smoke. Spence only fought who he was supposed to and now he's gnna fight bud, just like he said he would, and you out here hating and disrespecting the man for it lol.

I mean shit, each of the guys he beat for the strap was a legit natural welterweight. So who exactly was he size bulling against Brook, Porter, and Ugas? What are you even talking about???? :lol:

:hearty-laugh: "The Truth" fan can't handle the truth :hearty-laugh: Legit statements is now hating and disrespecting? :kopfpatsch: I get nothing from any of this J, quit hating my opinions with your need to be the hero for anything deemed critical about Spence :hearty-laugh:

Listen, it's a fact that Spence is a big welterweight and that he fought above welterweight many times earlier in his career. It's a fact that since becoming a champion that ALL of his opponents, besides Porter, have fought at lower weights, even Ugas have fought and loss at 140. Ocampo, Peterson, Danny, Mikey are former lightweights and featherweights :hearty-laugh:

His best wins are Brook and Porter, 2 real welterweights that both had a lot of success against him and forced him to deal with adversity. Neither Brook or Porter were undefeated either. They are solid wins, but the way he won doesn't equate to him automatically doing the same to similar competition at higher weights. Why you mad because he still have to prove it? I never said he couldn't. Leave your emotions out from your perception.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea what Jermz said. I dont have a problem with a guy running a division for a while.

Its the best or one of the best in Boxing. Glad he is staying put. Who wants to see him go fight Tony Harrison lol. I'd rather him stay, win or lose against TC, and fight some of these other beasts in the class.

So while you praising TC, and nothing wrong with that, but its foolish to dismiss Spence accomplishments like its bullying when he has arguably faced better comp than TC. Your argument is multi weight class wins against non-elite fighters, vs one weight class elite victories at 147.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

So while you praising TC, and nothing wrong with that, but its foolish to dismiss Spence accomplishments like its bullying when he has arguably faced better comp than TC. Your argument is multi weight class wins against non-elite fighters, vs one weight class elite victories at 147.

I respect Spence's one division accomplishments, but that's all I have to go by when thinking p4p. It's nothing personal fellows.

Neither fighter has elite victories, though Crawford's proven he can handle the best that Spence has fought already so there's less for him to prove at this point. Former lightweight handled and knocked out Porter. The rest of their comp is pretty much the same level. The Garcias and Peterson is about the same as Diaz, Postol and Gamboa.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Spence is a one division champion, weight bullying ass fighter. P4P is designed for the most skilled fighter regardless of weight. We'll have to see if Spence's style is effective at junior middleweight and middleweight to compare to what Crawford has done, a former lightweight knocking out welterweights is more impressive than a guy who started at 154 bullying welterweights and guys coming up from lower classes. Just my opinion. Also Crawford has been on the p4p list longer than any current boxer and had his way with everyone willing to fight him including Gamboa. Soon as Gamboa clipped him he got dropped and beat worse for his troubles.

Crawford struggled with Gamboa the entire fight. I just watched it again a couple of weeks ago.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Margarito was crude, but, he was a beast, too. Rumor has it Pac was laid up in bed for awhile after those bodyshots he took from Margo.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Usyk is overrated. Dude's second best win is derek chisora lol Best win is Andy Ruiz's leftovers. Shit is crazy.

Anyway yea i think Haney, Tank, Stevenson beat Loma right now. Shit Teo already beat him. Why can't they?

You're out of your mind.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Fuck Margarito. But dude is making it seem like Spence just some face forward bully that's not the case. He sets a high tempo behind the jab, disciplined guard and bodywork and inside fighting. Workrates, jabs, body punching carry across weight divisions.

No way Usyk should be that high off of Joshua and Chisora. Absolutely no fuckin way. This is how i know we are getting carried away with success in shitty weight classes. And Joshua has looked like shit in 3 or 4 straight fights. If Usuk beats Fury than he will deserve all of this. Until then, no.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yea what Jermz said. I dont have a problem with a guy running a division for a while.

Its the best or one of the best in Boxing. Glad he is staying put. Who wants to see him go fight Tony Harrison lol. I'd rather him stay, win or lose against TC, and fight some of these other beasts in the class.

It isn't arguable. He has.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
A guy like Danny previously fighting at 140 doesn't make him any less of a true 147 lb fighter by the time he fought Spence. Just like TC is a legit welter now and shouldn't be viewed as a blown up LW when/if Spence beats him. That's always been a flawed POV to many boxing fans have had. In alot of cases its just guys moving up to a more natural weight after killing themselves to make the lower weight class.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fuck Margarito. But dude is making it seem like Spence just some face forward bully that's not the case. He sets a high tempo behind the jab, disciplined guard and bodywork and inside fighting. Workrates, jabs, body punching carry across weight divisions.

No way Usyk should be that high off of Joshua and Chisora. Absolutely no fuckin way. This is how i know we are getting carried away with success in shitty weight classes. And Joshua has looked like shit in 3 or 4 straight fights. If Usuk beats Fury than he will deserve all of this. Until then, no.

Usyk would box circles around Fury and make him look like the clown that he is. And Usyk deserves his placement. He had to move up to HW because there was no one else for him to fight at Crusier.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Brother Burowz wrote:

Usyk would box circles around Fury and make him look like the clown that he is. And Usyk deserves his placement. He had to move up to HW because there was no one else for him to fight at Crusier.

There was no one at Cruiser to start off with. Its historically a shit division. They should just do away with it. So he beats Chisora and Joshua and he's #1 in the world?! Lmao where is Andy Ruiz at then?! #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Fury would beat Usyk

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Brother Burowz wrote:

There was no one at Cruiser to start off with. Its historically a shit division. They should just do away with it. So he beats Chisora and Joshua and he's #1 in the world?! Lmao where is Andy Ruiz at then?! #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're wrong. You just don't watch the division.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

A guy like Danny previously fighting at 140 doesn't make him any less of a true 147 lb fighter by the time he fought Spence. Just like TC is a legit welter now and shouldn't be viewed as a blown up LW when/if Spence beats him. That's always been a flawed POV to many boxing fans have had. In alot of cases its just guys moving up to a more natural weight after killing themselves to make the lower weight class.

It's simple. Take Danny for example. Some believe he was great at 140, his natural weight. Though he could still compete at 147, he wasn't as effective and it resulted in a mediocre run at welterweight.

It makes a difference when one fighter is fighting at his lowest possible weight against someone fighting at their max conditioned weight. It's not a definite win, but it helps when you can hurt the guy and walk through their punches due to a strength advantage based on naturally being bigger.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fury would beat Usyk

He most certainly would not.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

If Spence runs through Crawford, Boots, Thurman and whoever else is at 154 and 160, then Shawn Porter will be the best fighter he ever faced :hearty-laugh:

Fuck friends, Spence can fight Charlo at 154. I'd rather see Errol against Castana, Fondora, Tszyu, Hurd, J Rock, Lara, GGG, or Andrade, than Ocampo, Peterson, Mikey, Danny, and Ugas. Boots is the stiffest competition Errol will have after Bud, and he's a welterweight, but Errol will make him wait like he did Crawford by moving up and vacating the belts if he becomes undisputed. Spence said he's moving up after the Crawford fight. They're going to pull out Tony Harrison for y'all.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea Jermz said it best. Wtf are you even talking about?? :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

Brother Burowz wrote:

Brother, are these guys any good?? Are you familiar??

https://www.boxingscene.com/mairis-brie ... sh--167337

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Brother Burowz wrote:

Brother, are these guys any good?? Are you familiar??

https://www.boxingscene.com/mairis-brie ... sh--167337

Oh man, I didn't even know they were fighting. Briedis is really good. I don't know anything about Jai but he has really fast hands for a cruiser, and he's a southpaw. Could end up being a really good fight.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

That was a really good fight, Anis. You should peep it.

Board index » General Boxing Chat