Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:58 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
thank you for speaking the troof Shawn. you are a treasure in and out of the ring.

https://www.boxingscene.com/shawn-porte ... is--164036

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Just a couple months ago he had a different tune though. He definitely said he wouldn't fight him before he retired. Shut up and get them hands and show he's overrated.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

He corrected himself again. Overrated isn't the right word. I would say maybe overhyped. And shawn pretty much meant that too.

I want Boots vs Ortiz, or i wish one of the OGs like Thurman or Crawford would fight him. They probably should try and beat him now before he gets his experience up.

I haven't seen him really try to box anyone yet. So he could just be another brawler from Philadelphia waiting to get exposed.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Just a couple months ago he had a different tune though. He definitely said he wouldn't fight him before he retired. Shut up and get them hands and show he's overrated.

damn dude reallly?? :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon: .....nobody can say shit about Porters resume. he didnt fight him cause he was busy fighting TC. so as an analyst, now your saying he should unretire in order to prove his opinion?? dumb take bruh.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I dont think there is much harm in Porter saying this to be honest, on the surface I take it as, Boots gotta do more work to be worthy of the ratings he is getting. Sure maybe Porter is kinda of sour because he never got that kind of acclaim at that age. But he's not wrong persay, Boots need a bigger win.

That said, I believe Boots would fuck Shawn up right now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

and thats exactly Porters point. you can easily replace Porter with Thurman, Spencer, TC, Ugas, and its oh Boots would fuck all of them up. yea ok. this Negus the GOAT now??

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

and thats exactly Porters point. you can easily replace Porter with Thurman, Spencer, TC, Ugas, and its oh Boots would fuck all of them up. yea ok. this Negus the GOAT now??

It is what it is. Aint nobody on here who hasnt done that before, predicted an untested dude would fuck another dude up. We use the eye test and all that shit. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. I aint on Shawn for saying it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

The problem with this is. Porter's retirement is a little too fresh. He in the same weight class and they under the same PBC tree. So he shouldn't be talking like this if he is not bout to climb back in there and show the young man he overrated.

My name is Ice, and I want to sincerely apologize to Matthew Stafford for all of the irrational, unfair, and quite frankly stupid comments I have made about him in the past. Stafford is elite. Stafford is clutch. Stafford is a winner. Stafford is, forever, a Super Bowl Champion. I know this now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

so as a professional analyst he can talk about Canelo, Wilder, Fury, Loma etc, but he cant talk about WWs unless he ready to actually fight them?? :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

even the whole vibe of the article came off like Porters comments were deemed controversial and made a lot of people mad, to where he had to go back and "clarify" his comments. let the motherfucker do his job without asking him to end his well earned retirement just to prove his point. these soft ass athletes always handle the excessive smoke up their ass very well, but get butt hurt and irrational when a little constructive criticism comes their way. Then the fans come along on some ridiculous "oh Porter gotta fight him now since he dare have an honest opinion on him." twisted as hell. :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its Reminiscent of Timothy Bradley ducking Spence and then retiring and talking shit about him from the ESPN pulpit. But Shawn was well retired before he brought up Boots. Im giving Shawn a pass, even though I disagree with him, he dont gotta prove nothin and he allowed to say wtf he want. Nobody would accuse Shawn of ducking Boots, Shawn fights everyone.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Well earned? Well retired? I disagree with both those statements. Porter is young and strong still, his retirement came outta nowhere. Basically cause he got tired of listening to his daddy lol. Good for him, im not hating on his retirement. But its not like he had a long illustrious career. He got one successful defense under his belt, never unified, no multiple weight classes, never really won the big one. Still a lot more to achieve. But he did fight with great heart.

And I wouldn't say well into his retirement, he just retired late-November.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

I dont think of him as an analyst first. He aint all that either in that regards. Definitely no Roy, Tarver or Paulie. But to say overrated is FIGHTING WORDS. That's a diss. So its not just criticizing. Like you say Austin. Boots has not showed in a fight that he is overrated. He has looked the part. Hasnt looked vulnerable or subpar. So it was Porter basically hating.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

I dont think of him as an analyst first. He aint all that either in that regards. Definitely no Roy, Tarver or Paulie. But to say overrated is FIGHTING WORDS. That's a diss. So its not just criticizing. Like you say Austin. Boots has not showed in a fight that he is overrated. He has looked the part. Hasnt looked vulnerable or subpar. So it was Porter basically hating.

Not just that, but he was asked last year about Boots and he praised him and said he wouldn't even fight him.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

https://youtu.be/vls408FtilY

Much praise for Ennis from Boots here.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

https://youtu.be/vls408FtilY

Much praise for Ennis from Boots here.

WWOOOOWWW So its really just Shawn Cappin' for the podcast world then huh?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Calling Boots the welterweight Roy Jones as Porter did is a bit much, but he says others are overrating him. Most people say he's good and he's ready, that's about it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

so he said one thing last year as an active fighter, and another thing as an analyst a year later. nothing odd about that. a whole year went by and he's now got a completely different job. things change with time.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Porter said nothing wrong he stated the facts and I agree with him.....if Ennis did beat any of these guys it wouldn't be a easy whitewash

I agree with everything porter said....
He said it's to much hype around ennis,that he's capable of beating anyone just didn't agree with it being so easy that's all

But look man Ennis ain't getting any of these guys in the ring anytime soon cuz he's way to high risk....
Crawford and spence will fight Thurman 1st before either one sees Ennis we all know this

And Ortiz don't want no smoke with Ennis either he's gonna run and stay away let's just be real ....
I think maybe in 2023 Ennis will get one of them in the ring...but as far as this YR I doubt it

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ortiz resume already better, and im not sure he wouldn't fight Boots. That would be a great fight. But it would be Golden Boy vs PBC.

And porter did say something wrong. You can't call Boots overrated. We dont know that yet.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

And porter did say something wrong. You can't call Boots overrated. We dont know that yet.

bruh its his opinion, quite literally what he gets paid to do. just like you and i have similar opinions on shit all the time and nobody is even paying us. wtf you talking about he did something wrong?? :eusa_snooty:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

You acting like steve farhood or al bernstein said it. Porter is a fighter and I doubt his retirement last.

Its a lame move on his part and it looks like straight hating. He could have worded it differently. Which is why he corrected himself. Cause he was wrong lol

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

You acting like steve farhood or al bernstein said it.

:lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

I think porter will stay retired....
It's no reason for him to comeback he never was a draw and there is no point to a rematch for him against Spence,keef or Crawford it would just be a much worse beatdown this time

I mean look unless money gets tight for him (which I doubt cuz he looks like a smart guy who knows how to manage his money) I don't see him having any reason to come back or even want to

Board index » General Boxing Chat