sure does.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I used to be nazty wrote:
Damn, people be freaking out.

Let me clarify a few things.

The site was put on the cheapest server known to man kind. In hindsight, this was a bad idea, but lets remember how the site started.

ESPN went stupid, I got the site put up in like a day for everyone to talk. More and more people came and I added patchwork code as best I could. I was always kind of a shitty programmer, which is why I don't do it anymore. At the time I was still in college learning a lot of this shit. I was broke as shit and just got a cheap ass server to hold everything. Sure we should have migrated over to a better one at some point, but I don't really do that. Hell, every time I tried to ever back up the database the server would time out on me.

It's frankly a miracle that the site lasted this long before crashing. I'm sorry it did. It sucks. What can you do? In the long term things should run a lot better now, especially with jermzhi updating to the newest software and starting fresh. It will always be kind of a bitch that it happened, but eventually it will just be another old story.

Moemoney -- shut up. We are not a business. There are no ads here. This site has been nothing but a money sink since the day I started it. Jermzhi has not received crap for all the work he has done over the years and what he is doing now. No one actually owes anyone anything. I didn't have to pay for this site for all the years I did, and I don't have to now. Jermzhi doesn't have to put in all the work he has. This isn't some site for growth to become a money making things. It's a small message board that has no business plans.

When you have a site like that it has its ups and down. The ups are a smaller community with few rules and real community. The downside is it may have been set up by college student who only had half an idea what the hell he was doing and used the crappiest server option possible.

I will be happy to help restore some things, or even add features if my help is needed. I haven't been on because the stupid bitching -- like moemoney -- got to me and I really don't watch boxing that much anymore. I still watch it some, I ordered the Floyd fight in September, but I'm just busy all the time now. I have a family and a job with crazy hours, and haven't given the site a second thought in years. That was my mistake.

I just hope people remember that all of this has always been done by volunteers who don't actually make anything off any of this.

Well said.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:07 am 

Cash on hand:

natzy good to see your still alive and well.
all of that shit u said i assumed and that never was what it was about!
i also assumed that over time u guys would get some new and updated code to back that old ass server yall started bho with.i understand that jermz and the other mods dont see a dime for helping out around here and i respect that believe me.

u and jermz have done a great job around here im not denying that...
i just got really mad when all our history and years got deleted so i wasnt thinking straight.
and ftr i like the new changes that jermz made and he's done a great job in a short amount of time as have u.ive been volunteering to help out around here for free for years now but ive never been given the oppurtunity.im not saying im the brightest apple on the tree,but im far from a dummy to :lol:

i could have easily got 1 of my geek friends to back up bho with some fresh embed codes and update it so in case the shit crashed our history wouldnt have been erased!
but like i said i never got that chance so what can i say?
im not saying that i could do as good as jermz day to day around here....
but i know for a fact that if i had been allowed to help out than if the shit crashed it would have been backed up and that i can guarantee!

but im done with it and im happy what u and jermz have been doing with the place since it's been up and running again! i have known u guys since the espn days and i remember when most of the bho members from espn kept telling me to join up here...
so i hold bho near and dear to my heart so yea i overeacted when i shouldnt have!
i never take u,jermz,or cole's work for granted and i know yall dont see a dime.

i just got caught up in the moment,so im sorry for that i guess.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:23 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

its cool Moe. part of growing and becoming a man is apologizing.

but :D why don't you get one of your geek girlfriends to teach you how to be more a man and not so fucking emotional. :sign0058: :sissy:

yea...we back

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Nice to see Moe apologizing for his stupidity. :clap:

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

natzy good to see your still alive and well.
all of that shit u said i assumed and that never was what it was about!
i also assumed that over time u guys would get some new and updated code to back that old ass server yall started bho with.i understand that jermz and the other mods dont see a dime for helping out around here and i respect that believe me.

u and jermz have done a great job around here im not denying that...
i just got really mad when all our history and years got deleted so i wasnt thinking straight.
and ftr i like the new changes that jermz made and he's done a great job in a short amount of time as have u.ive been volunteering to help out around here for free for years now but ive never been given the oppurtunity.im not saying im the brightest apple on the tree,but im far from a dummy to :lol:

i could have easily got 1 of my geek friends to back up bho with some fresh embed codes and update it so in case the shit crashed our history wouldnt have been erased!
but like i said i never got that chance so what can i say?
im not saying that i could do as good as jermz day to day around here....
but i know for a fact that if i had been allowed to help out than if the shit crashed it would have been backed up and that i can guarantee!

but im done with it and im happy what u and jermz have been doing with the place since it's been up and running again! i have known u guys since the espn days and i remember when most of the bho members from espn kept telling me to join up here...
so i hold bho near and dear to my heart so yea i overeacted when i shouldnt have!
i never take u,jermz,or cole's work for granted and i know yall dont see a dime.

i just got caught up in the moment,so im sorry for that i guess.

Just to clarify, I have not done anything since the site crashed but acquire a new server and route the boxinghideout.com name to it. Jermzhi has done everything.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

btw...what you mean "I used to be nazty" ?\\
you Mr. Clean now or something?
YOu can't used to be something you are.
You are putting some distant from yourself and this eh? :oops:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:03 am 

Cash on hand:

btw...what you mean "I used to be nazty" ?\\
you Mr. Clean now or something?
YOu can't used to be something you are.
You are putting some distant from yourself and this eh? :oops:

I originally used the name nazty because it was a shortened version of DaNaztyOne, my ESPN name. I used to use it some when I DJed as a hobby years and years ago, but now I'm older and dorkier and it just doesn't fit at all anymore, however, the board having just crashed didn't seem like the time to come on with a new name. If I was going to post after so long after a crisis incident, it's only fair to properly identify yourself.

I figured I should check in more. The name seemed ok. I imagine I'll change it again eventually.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:20 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yea. I get it. Im not RRBoSox anymore...or Vendetta...Just V I suppose. What is a past anyway?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Nazty...nice to see you posting around here~~

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:30 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Yea. I get it. Im not RRBoSox anymore...or Vendetta...Just V I suppose. What is a past anyway?

RoBoSox. :P

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Bump. When BHO died.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:17 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: CanadaCanada
Bump. When BHO died.

fag shit. go play dead somewhere else.